Things the fans can do to get listened to

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What can fans do to encourage change?

• Total voters
Yes Season Ticket holder, have just over 550 points.

Have not renewed yet, and still deciding whether to or not.

Club just does not feel like the Tottenham Hotspur I have known for nigh on 50 years anymore, in fact would go as far as to say it does not feel like a Football club anymore.
ST holder and a bit torn over it

COVID
Travel (might feel differently if I lived in London/on the border)
Super League
Levy
Tired squad
Crap football
No clear direction/vision
63k means I will probably get tickets to some games more easily

I definitely feel a bit disillusioned with Spurs, but also football more widely.

I’m not a ST holder so it’s been an easy decision for me to not renew my membership. I’ve also made the decision to stop spending money on the club for now. No more replica shirts or merchandise, no more Sky Sports, no more going to matches, and no more Spurs related gifts for my brother and niece who are both fans too.
I know in the grand scheme of things that’ll have zero impact, but it’s my own little individual protest. I’ll constantly reassess though and if things change I might start investing again.

To be fair, if you're protesting the quality of the product in relation to the price you're paying.
You are a customer. ..and you're going full Karen.
Better to be a patron - not quite as indentured as a devotee (the fan who just can't help it) but without the expectation of a customer.
I think a patron offers their support, and expects no direct return for it - but expects the receipient to make use of it wisely and not embarrass all concerned.

Let's say a big name actor or musician has some endorsement thing with a car manufacturer. Goes on a drug and alcohol fuelled rampage and makes headlines and writes off a car made by that brand.
They'd get cancelled pretty sharpish.

Clubs earn almost nothing from each shirt they sell.

They get paid an annual fee by the manufacturer, it is the manufacturer/retail outlet that earns the vast majority of the money from each shirt sale.
At least dodge the club's own retail channels, they miss out on the markup.
And cut out the own brand nick nacks for sure, most of it is pound shop junk anyway. Some of the clothes are worse than Primark.

I emailed the ticket office today. Response below:

email.

6a10f0db13e62163ff3cb1f4c97a02c5
Ayce Gok (Tottenham Hotspur Football Club)
May 20, 2021, 15:54 GMT+1

Thank you for your email.

If you do not renew then we will be able to provide you with a refund for the 20% payment you made last season in addition to any credit held in your account.

This is something we will be able to process once the current renewal deadline has passed, and we will make contact with you at that time. Should you have any further queries in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch.
Thanks, I bottled it with 5 minutes to go and renewed

I think it’s going to get pretty toxic pretty quick next season
Yeah we might end up with 100 people at a protest instead of 50

Fans seem willing to accept any load of shit that is fed to us

Seen so many people claim they weren't renewing their season ticket right up to the very last moment and they all folded

Back
Top Bottom