This Pochettino Obsession

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

nVx47Mh.jpg

Is anyone else so tired of this CONSTANT obsession with Pochettino from people like this?

For fucks sake. It's like these wet weekends are more interested in supporting Pochettino's career than Tottenham. Ever since he's left Tottenham he's been built up to be this father figure that bleeds lilywhite and has posters of Bill Nicholson plastered all over his bedroom, and it's all just a load of utter bollocks. I hope he goes to Chelsea and I hope he flops so we never get to hear any of this sentimental tripe ever again.

This idea that we've "betrayed" him because we didn't offer the job - fuck right off. He isn't owed the job and most likely he's never coming back, so live with it and stop crying.

Doesn't bother me, I find it stranger that people get wound up by it. He was the last manager anyone on here actually enjoyed the football under, it isn't strange that people look back on it fondly.

My theory:

People long for the style of football and the success we had under him, and think that we can only have it under him, because we only had it under him (does that make sense? 😂)

Bit like when you’ve had your heart broken for the first time, you think you’ll never love someone the same again, until you meet someone as good or even better, and realise there’s plenty more fish in the sea

nVx47Mh.jpg

Is anyone else so tired of this CONSTANT obsession with Pochettino from people like this?

For fucks sake. It's like these wet weekends are more interested in supporting Pochettino's career than Tottenham. Ever since he's left Tottenham he's been built up to be this father figure that bleeds lilywhite and has posters of Bill Nicholson plastered all over his bedroom, and it's all just a load of utter bollocks. I hope he goes to Chelsea and I hope he flops so we never get to hear any of this sentimental tripe ever again.

This idea that we've "betrayed" him because we didn't offer the job - fuck right off. He isn't owed the job and most likely he's never coming back, so live with it and stop crying.

I absolutely understand the love for Poch and the nostalgia for the way things were at our peak under him (and the CL run, naturally), but completely agree that social media accounts posting pleas to get him have become an embarrassment now.

1. It airbrushes out how things ended under him.
2. PSG is a trophy generator, so combining that and his extended holiday he hasn't been pulling up trees since he was with us.
3. Perhaps most importantly - he's on the verge of joining Chelsea. Even putting to one side that it'll quickly sour a portion of the fanbase to him when it's confirmed, it's just generating cringe that'll inevitably be used to mock our fanbase over the summer.

The Legend of Poch is only going to grow as it becomes ever clearer we're never going back to where he took us.
Been hearing that ever since I've been a Spurs fan - "We'll never have another manager like Jol/Redknapp again etc." Every club has its peaks and troughs.

Personally I think the club are wise to steer clear of Pochettino. Going back in football fails far more often than not.

Yeah - CL is done for the forseeable. Newcastle are going to become the new permanent fixture in the top 6 with their financial backing - fuck, they're straight up way better ran than we are even now.

We will be doing well to make the top 6 at all in the future, relegated to Europa League/conference league club.
Don’t be so fucking ridiculous and mellow dramatic. If Arsewanks can be in it with Lego head in charge we sure as hell can. It’s not all about money. Brighton for Christ sake are not far off. So we have had a bad season because of cunte. We will be back. If not next season then the next.

The problem is that it no longer matters how brilliant the manager is.

We have been surpassed by more than enough projects to keep us out of the CL places indefinitely.

People haven't woken up to how hopeless our position is going forward. They will in time.
Again, I've heard this all before time and time again. I remember people talking about Everton and West Ham overtaking us in the not-too-distant past.

Who knows, maybe this is the moment once and for all we do fall away. But I think that's pretty unlikely.

nVx47Mh.jpg

I think you should make a Poll! :pochohshit:

My theory:

People long for the style of football and the success we had under him, and think that we can only have it under him, because we only had it under him (does that make sense? 😂)

Bit like when you’ve had your heart broken for the first time, you think you’ll never love someone the same again, until you meet someone as good or even better, and realise there’s plenty more fish in the sea
See, cretinousgoat cretinousgoat - she's over you.

My theory:

This.

It's also Okay to look back on that CL run and love it. If anyone can't enjoy that run then you don't love football.

I loved Poch and how we played under him for 3 years. I think what he did was incredible given we played away from home for almost two entire seasons and for a year didn't buy anyone.

BUT

I wasn't wanting him back, I wouldn't have been disappointed had we hired him but I wanted a different man at the helm. At that time I couldn't articulate why or be specific but I think it's become clearer to me now that he hasn't changed, or adapted at all. I still think he's a good coach and if Chavs give him time he will have them in and around the top 4 but I think he needs to adapt his game more to be a serious contender for anything.

I hate him being at Chelsea, but actually that's made things less complicated, I just plain hate him, hate him because he's there. The moment he leaves I don't have to hate him.

It's amazing how many times I watch the City quarter-final and Ajax semi-final on YouTube, it never fails to deliver a beaming smile on my face and goosebumps on my arms. I like this. But I've put it in my box as a memory, nothing more nothing less.

I think it was dying before that. We had a freakishly good/lucky run to the CL Final but were off the boil in the league.

He was flirting with United too. I had already gone off him by the final, although whilst I definitely don't agree with him playing Kane I can certainly understand it.
For me it was the Man Utd flirting... Followed by his comment before the final that "maybe I'll go home" if we won the champions league. It was at best clumsy and potentially destabalizing before the biggest game in our history, and at worst extreme arrogance from someone starting to check out mentally. He should have been taken aside and told under no uncertain terms, that this is bigger than you or any discontentment you may be feeling.

Back
Top Bottom