This Pochettino Obsession

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I absolutely understand the love for Poch and the nostalgia for the way things were at our peak under him (and the CL run, naturally), but completely agree that social media accounts posting pleas to get him have become an embarrassment now.

1. It airbrushes out how things ended under him.
2. PSG is a trophy generator, so combining that and his extended holiday he hasn't been pulling up trees since he was with us.
3. Perhaps most importantly - he's on the verge of joining Chelsea. Even putting to one side that it'll quickly sour a portion of the fanbase to him when it's confirmed, it's just generating cringe that'll inevitably be used to mock our fanbase over the summer.

In the mix for the CL I'll grant you so long as we play our cards intelligently. (Look out below if we don't)

But title races? Out of the question. And that's where Poch had us. That's still where the hope and expectation level is anchored and it doesn't look as distant now as it's going to in 4 years.
No we IF we buy smart ( its not even that complicated ) we can be in the mix for top four. The thing about that is sometimes the simple momentum of a push to four can carry you higher because winning breeds this. A GK (Raya) Two new centerbacks (Van de ven, Bremer )two attacking midfielders (Scott,Szoboszlai) Forward Maddison. Use Royal properly. It can be done.

How? Our commercial revenue increased by 25% this year.

I know people like to joke about the go-kart and cheese room, but the stadium really has created an endless list of oppurtunities for increased revenue.
The prior year was covid. Will be 15% down next season

Fucking love the guy.

He made mistakes.

We made mistakes.

Still love the guy!

Come On You Spurs Champions League GIF by UEFA

Yeah - CL is done for the forseeable. Newcastle are going to become the new permanent fixture in the top 6 with their financial backing - fuck, they're straight up way better ran than we are even now.

We will be doing well to make the top 6 at all in the future, relegated to Europa League/conference league club.
Don’t be so fucking ridiculous and mellow dramatic. If Arsewanks can be in it with Lego head in charge we sure as hell can. It’s not all about money. Brighton for Christ sake are not far off. So we have had a bad season because of cunte. We will be back. If not next season then the next.

My theory:

People long for the style of football and the success we had under him, and think that we can only have it under him, because we only had it under him (does that make sense? 😂)

Bit like when you’ve had your heart broken for the first time, you think you’ll never love someone the same again, until you meet someone as good or even better, and realise there’s plenty more fish in the sea
Or you meet someone worse and your life gets fucked.

Before improvement occurs with our recruitment we probably need rid of;

Ndombele
Winks
Lo Celso
Dier
Sanchez.

They're all a hindrance, Dier was quite good when he first joined for a couple of seasons, apart from him then, the rest are players that we should never have offered a contract, Dier should have gone the same time as Aurier but he was kept because we lost Jan Vertonghen & Toby Alderweireld but only bought one CB (Romero).
I remember Jose liked him because he spoke Portuguese. Other than that...I have no idea why he is still here til this day......

He probably has something over Levy or something..

I absolutely understand the love for Poch and the nostalgia for the way things were at our peak under him (and the CL run, naturally), but completely agree that social media accounts posting pleas to get him have become an embarrassment now.

1. It airbrushes out how things ended under him.
2. PSG is a trophy generator, so combining that and his extended holiday he hasn't been pulling up trees since he was with us.
3. Perhaps most importantly - he's on the verge of joining Chelsea. Even putting to one side that it'll quickly sour a portion of the fanbase to him when it's confirmed, it's just generating cringe that'll inevitably be used to mock our fanbase over the summer.
1. Levy's fault
2. Trophies are trophies
3. Levy's fault

Poch was playing golf while Stellini was humiliating himself. The embarrassing thing is that Levy and the Board didn't even give him an interview.

It's pretty embarrassing.

Proper "I'm going to Facebook stalk my ex girlfriend" vibes.

So glad a few cucks in the crowd haven't been singing his name the last two games.

He's not returning.. Start singing this:

He's magic you know
Julian Nagelsmann

Just rolls off the tongue. Poetic proof that we're a perfect fit.

Been hearing that ever since I've been a Spurs fan - "We'll never have another manager like Jol/Redknapp again etc." Every club has its peaks and troughs.

Personally I think the club are wise to steer clear of Pochettino. Going back in football fails far more often than not.
Think a lot of people know this in their heart of hearts.

Back
Top Bottom