Those were the days…….

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A score sheet from March 1986 midweek so attendances may be affected …
3571-FDD2-FF14-4-C7-E-8568-4-BF8-A5-C92-C1-A.jpg

An Flanagan for Charlton. I know his understudy from then. He told Flanagan he wanted a pay rise (he had his own Panini sticker). Anyway Flanagan advised going into the guvnor and telling him that he was off if he didn’t get a pay rise. Next season was starting. In the Danish second div.

El Tel manager …..
3-CE2-D625-880-F-4669-971-C-E17-E90174-BEB.jpg
Admission time: I couldn't stand Venables, and most of the players he brought with him.

Is that John Cartwright? I went to school with his son and we used to go and watch Orient in the days I wasn't allowed in the Tottenham badlands. It's not as though I came from anywhere posh: Upper Clapton in Hackney. Trendy as fuck now, apparently.

Admission time: I couldn't stand Venables, and most of the players he brought with him.

Is that John Cartwright? I went to school with his son and we used to go and watch Orient in the days I wasn't allowed in the Tottenham badlands. It's not as though I came from anywhere posh: Upper Clapton in Hackney. Trendy as fuck now, apparently.
Think it's Allan Harris, Venables' assistant.

Good grief, I went to all of those Super Duper Cup games. Think I was one of about 50 Spurs supporters who made that trip. Remember being so annoyed that it went into extra time and they scored more or less straight away.
For those youngsters who don't know what the Super Cup was about - the Football League thought it would be a good idea to introduce a tournament for the teams that missed out on European qualification. English clubs had been banned, due to Liverpool fans causing the death of 39 Juventus fans at the European Cup Final the previous year.

Good grief, I went to all of those Super Duper Cup games. Think I was one of about 50 Spurs supporters who made that trip. Remember being so annoyed that it went into extra time and they scored more or less straight away.
For those youngsters who don't know what the Super Cup was about - the Football League thought it would be a good idea to introduce a tournament for the teams that missed out on European qualification. English clubs had been banned, due to Liverpool fans causing the death of 39 Juventus fans at the European Cup Final the previous year.
Must say I’d never heard of it..

Back
Top Bottom