Thread Where We Can Talk Shit About Other Clubs’ Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rodwell to Sunderland seems a risk to me, considering he's only played 16 times in two seasons. Glad we've never been in for him.

What a waste Rodwell has been for the past two seasons. He was a good player for Everton and was always going to be on the bench for City. Moving hampered his development massively but the lure of big £££ obviously clouded his judgement.

Hopefully he can live up to his potential a little more at Sunderland. He's going to be a big fish in a small pond up there.

What a waste Rodwell has been for the past two seasons. He was a good player for Everton and was always going to be on the bench for City. Moving hampered his development massively but the lure of big £££ obviously clouded his judgement.

Hopefully he can live up to his potential a little more at Sunderland. He's going to be a big fish in a small pond up there.

It's the same as Johnson, Sinclair and a fair few others. It's almost as if City buy these younger players because they can, they don't have to register them if they are under the cut off and it stop other teams from getting them. I'd say hopefully younger players will learn, but I imagine they like the £££ too much.

It's the same as Johnson, Sinclair and a fair few others. It's almost as if City buy these younger players because they can, they don't have to register them if they are under the cut off and it stop other teams from getting them. I'd say hopefully younger players will learn, but I imagine they like the £££ too much.
Absolutely. City and Chelsea are the Real Madrid of the PL. Hoovering up young talent so the rest of the league can't have them. For example, Chelsea having just about every attacking midfielder on earth on their books.

Regarding young players liking the £££ too much, I'd love to say that if I was in the same position, my 'footballing morals and loyalty' would make sure that I value my development more than money, but I'm really really not sure that would be my answer...

If they're good enough they'll make it and they will all think they are good enough, and then a shitload of doe seals the deal. Everybody would go to the big club with the big money as some cunt like charlie adam could do ya in the next match and then it all ends in tears. The problem is the importance placed on money to survive lol

What I've never understood is these players going for the big bucks early in their career. If they go for the long-term option and continue their development by playing regularly, then I think they would earn more throughout their career as they would become a better football player and get a transfer to one of the big club eventually. But, as with a lot of things in today's football, the short-term fix is the best solution, without any look into career as a whole

What I've never understood is these players going for the big bucks early in their career. If they go for the long-term option and continue their development by playing regularly, then I think they would earn more throughout their career as they would become a better football player and get a transfer to one of the big club eventually. But, as with a lot of things in today's football, the short-term fix is the best solution, without any look into career as a whole
I'd imagine it can be hard for them to resist though. If you have everyone in the country telling you that you're the shit, that you could play for the champions and that you could be earning 3x your weekly wage, you're going to start believing it. I think it takes a very mentally strong person to have maturity beyond their years and stay put even when the 'smart' (financially and fame speaking) decision is to leave.

I'd imagine it can be hard for them to resist though. If you have everyone in the country telling you that you're the shit, that you could play for the champions and that you could be earning 3x your weekly wage, you're going to start believing it. I think it takes a very mentally strong person to have maturity beyond their years and stay put even when the 'smart' (financially and fame speaking) decision is to leave.
It must be hard as you say, but when you have crooked agents around that are just interested in the pound signs, it must be even harder to turn such a move down. It's a shame, because Rodwell could have played some part in Brazil had it not been for his limited gametime for City.

the 3rd party ownership gets me but they do play a part in getting players noticed and out of poor countries

were ever there is alot of money though corruption won't be far away

they've been busy this summer

Pardew must be loving it there lol
Any reason to dig up this beauty:

Bhu-WMLCMAIKg8I.jpg:medium

Back
Top Bottom