THST - Useless and need to be replaced.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course it was! As long as you say into the “team” not “club”. All the money did go into the club. It was an investment for the longer term and a necessary one.

You're correct, I should have said team instead of club.

Here's the thing, I'm not opposed to the investment on the other diversified financial development routes, but I do have an issue with the club being somewhat indignant about the money that they have recently spent like they've been doing this all along.

FoD3yXgWAAQkNHf

The problem with the Trust is they always give it the Billy Big Bollocks like they're an organization that has any real clout/leverage/mandate, and pretend as though they're a stakeholder with a foot in the door that ENIC/Levy must contend with and assuage. So they're naturally all bark, no bite. Literally an IRL version of SC and Hercules.

As was mentioned earlier in this thread, it doesn't matter how well this thing is run or who is involved, a multi-billion pound investment firm isn't going to be dictated to by an amateur/volunteer organization. Just a miniaturized but more frequent version of the clownshow that was woolwich's annual shareholders meeting...what fun those were!

They need to stop focusing primarily on trying to be "insiders" with the club, and just focus of supporter initiatives. THST should be focusing their energy on creating atmosphere in the stadium, pushing for better supporter experiences at home, away, and abroad. Promote supporters and supporter events. Trying to look meaningful by giving the chairman who couldn't care less about them a tongue lashing just makes them look like a bunch of twats. Get their jollies off because they get to go down to Lilywhite House and sit in a conference room with the club secretary now and then. Mugs.

THST need significant money / media influence and high profile former players or even media personalities to have any cut through.

They have none of the above.

THST need significant money / media influence and high profile former players or even media personalities to have any cut through.

Or some loons who take matters into their own hands and start to create havoc for Levy

My thoughts on the clubs response to The Trust is that it's all bullshit and waffle.

You can almost see in the responses the distain the club has for the trust and more importantly... US, the fans!!

We are just a customer, I think now more and more are wising up the shenanigans of Mr levy and his crew.
It's all bluff and bluster, they have no desire for a successful football club, only a successful cash machine.
If by chance any success was had, it will be despite them not because of them, we just need them to go.
I work in retail and if, I or more widely my company, treated it's customers the way ENIC do, we wouldn't be in business for much longer.

I work in retail and if, I or more widely my company, treated it's customers the way ENIC do, we wouldn't be in business for much longer.
And if your customers came into your store demanding you spend money on mannequins with longer legs and bigger tits despite the fact you’d had improving performance for 20 years, then you might get a bit exasperated with them.

Not exactly comparable now is it?

Yes exactly, for those who work in a customer centric environment, know that the customer should be at the heart of what you do.
With football fans, they trade off their passion, and so are happy to keep fleecing them with nothing to show for it.
The statement has shown, to me, the first signs of real distention and disengaged the club is from each other.

Last edited:
You’re right.

But if I didn’t pay for maintenance because I was paying off my student loans and I can now earn more money as a result of that investment (money, time) then it may be worth it over the longer term. Otherwise I have a ceiling over the longer term.

It’s multi-factoral and there are complex trade offs.
So what you're saying is jam tomorrow. When does tomorrow come. ENIC basically took control of the club in Dec 2000.

Have a look at how the Guardian reported the move in it's first paragraph on the story....

This article is more than 22 years old

Sugar sells for £22m as Levy steps in​

Media company Enic gain control of Spurs but big signings unlikely for now
Levy profile

Sir Alan Sugar last night picked up the telephone in Florida where he is on holiday and completed the deal that gave Enic a majority stake in Tottenham Hotspur. But supporters expecting a massive influx of money for new signings are likely to be disappointed.

They weren't wrong were they!

And if your customers came into your store demanding you spend money on mannequins with longer legs and bigger tits despite the fact you’d had improving performance for 20 years, then you might get a bit exasperated with them.

Not exactly comparable now is it?
Depends whether you had been charging your customers Bang and Olufsen prices for Sanyo products for a large chunk of that 20 years. I'm guessing they wouldn't have many customers left in the retail world.

The point John is trying to make is that generally people cannot choose who they pay their football money to. We support a club. People don't generally support a shop.

Depends whether you had been charging your customers Bang and Olufsen prices for Sanyo products for a large chunk of that 20 years. I'm guessing they wouldn't have many customers left in the retail world.

The point John is trying to make is that generally people cannot choose who they pay their football money to. We support a club. People don't generally support a shop.
Yes I agree. Comparing retail to football is ridiculous. That’s my point.

So what you're saying is jam tomorrow. When does tomorrow come. ENIC basically took control of the club in Dec 2000.

Have a look at how the Guardian reported the move in it's first paragraph on the story....

Sugar sells for £22m as Levy steps in​

Media company Enic gain control of Spurs but big signings unlikely for now
Levy profile

Sir Alan Sugar last night picked up the telephone in Florida where he is on holiday and completed the deal that gave Enic a majority stake in Tottenham Hotspur. But supporters expecting a massive influx of money for new signings are likely to be disappointed.

They weren't wrong were they!
I don’t know what jam tomorrow means.

I’m saying we spent less while the stadium was being built but that the whole project was an investment in our future and we are already seeing the benefits in terms of increased spending on the team.

To me it sounded like your point was that the board had continually improved the club and so should be cut some more slack.

Football cannot be compared to any other business. If it were similar, Spurs' customers would have fucked off to United 30 years ago.

Football is a business where the revenue stream producers chain themselves and their wallets to the enterprise, then complain they aren't being treated appropriately. In all real honesty, we're all a bunch of fucking idiots. They don't give a fuck about us, from the chairman down to the tea lady. Never will.

No one with any sense or profile would align themselves with that sorry bunch of chancers

Edit : Jamie O'hara might have the level of intelligence to jump on board tbf

Last edited:
I don’t know what jam tomorrow means.
Au jour d'hui on doit manger le pain sans buerre, demain on te donne de la confiture. (Or something like that)

It means we're always being promised better things tomorrow. People feel they are empty promises. Even in the latest response to THST's requests there are various promises of tomorrow, tomorrow and even some doubt over the numbers they tell us they have spent since the stadium opened.

I do have some sympathy because as they said the stadium hasn't seen one full year with fans in yet even though it opened in April 19. However we have seen increases in revenues already through NFL, concerts, rugby, boxing that we never had at WHL. Therefore if we don't start competing on a level playing field within the next couple of transfer windows then I struggle to see how there can be excuses. You can't have the highest ticket prices in the league and fail to provide the product which goes with them indefinitely.

Back
Top Bottom