Time To Put The Fences Up Again?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fences?

• Yes

• No

• Don't Know

Results are only viewable after voting.

mummy

We're not dead yet ...are we?

I think it is. Some football fans can't be trusted to behave themselves (see above), so it has to be done. Nothing else will stop pitch invasions.

Last edited:
I suppose they could get VAR to sort it out.

UaqopvG.jpg

It's on trend at the moment, worst I can remember to be honest. Any team winning a semi final or avoiding relegation or winning a championship or getting a promotion seems to automatically equal a pitch invasion.

I'll add to that smoke bombs which now seem to be set off after every meaningless goal.

Doesn't really matter how many stewards you have it can't be stopped. But I can't see fences making a come back.

Just this week there's been loads of incidents and that can't become the norm.

Certain people are feral post-lockdown.... It engendered a 'we'll do what we like from here on' attitude in some.

Euro's final anyone.....? Smoke bombs/flairs/pitch invasions etc. on the rise.

We can't go back to fences tho..... Dangerous..... Always were a bad idea.

Last edited:
What's to stop that being abused by fans? Give them half a chance and they'll take it.
General celebratory pitch invasions have always taken place but the abuse and violence dished out to players and staff isn't acceptable. If fans knew that their team would be deducted point or banned from cup competitions they would hopefully think twice about legging it onto the pitch. Peer pressure from other fans would also come into play.

Certain people are feral post-lockdown.... It engendered a 'we'll do what we like from here on' attitude in some.

Euro's final anyone.....? Smoke bombs/flairs/pitch invasions etc.

We can't go back to fences tho..... Dangerous..... Always were a bad idea.
Fences were dangerous, but they don't have to be.

General celebratory pitch invasions have always taken place but the abuse and violence dished out to players and staff isn't acceptable. If fans knew that their team would be deducted point or banned from cup competitions they would hopefully think twice about legging it onto the pitch. Peer pressure from other fans would also come into play.

Case in point; a fixed point penalty would have relegated Everton last night so there'd have been no celebratory invasion to start with.

Ditto for league wins.

In the case of invasions it would be a direct deterant rather than a punishment that some may ignore anyway in instances of mass-racism, violence etc..

Emirates considering fencing to keep the cunts in past the hour mark.

Im in agreement to be fair. Make them stay and watch that shit.

Viera should have decked the little fuck and got away with it.

a million years ago I was at millwall v Wednesday cup game.
a little millwall mug ran on the pitch heading for Kevin Pressman. Closer he got to Pressman, the more he realised what an absolute unit Pressman was. Pressman was smiling throughout.
the little cunt slowed his run towards Pressman to a jog trying to let the stewards get to him before he got to Pressman. But stewards are fat and slow so he had to slow to a walk himself To let the stewards catch up. Pressman was pissing himself.

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a crowd laugh as much. It was painful to watch.

Back
Top Bottom