Time to shake off the Spursy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ddr7t0l.jpg

Did Levy write this article? It's the fans fault?! We call it Spursy because even shit you couldn't make up happens, every time we think we've bucked that shit we get fucked over and we're a laughing stock...again.

We'd all rather be Jimmy Saville than a scum fan but they've looked down on us since I was 9 years old, fucking 9. If we can't take ownership of such ridiculous failings and crazy foibles to try to make light of them then we'd all be suicidal for sure. The players get paid thousands to play with a backbone, we pay thousands to watch some of them roll-over and let us down time and again. It's not always fun, we'd rather cry than laugh sometimes but how long can you go on crying?

We keep Levy's balance sheet healthy, directly to the club and indirectly through Sky and those who want to market to such a huge audience. All blood is squeezed from the stone; even for every year there is no new stadium there are £hundreds of thousands that we pay for years just to be on a season ticket waiting list, a fucking waiting list.

Yes we're the custodians of the club but as far as the owners are concerned, if we don't like it there are plenty more waiting to take our place.

Excuse my French above but I hate that we're a laughing stock at times (regularly). We already get called arrogant and delusional often enough about aspiring to top 4, told we won the league in black and white etc. To try and defy the joke (ish) of the 'Spursy' tag will only add fuel to those labels and make us even more laughed at when the inevitable happens again. Oh no, I said it's inevitable, it's all my fault!

We're bang in the middle of another transitional period a.k.a. the same as most seasons lately. In all honesty, whilst some clutch to the few glimpses of promise we've seen, and think that a squad of youngsters and cheap buys will be the model that defines our glory just as long as we don't sack a manager within 18months, others are looking at the vast majority of the question marks over the season they've seen and thinking we could well be in the same old place come January 2016. Overall I'd say that support is good when the latter camp have a very strong track record of evidence and benchmarks to base their concerns on. The general consensus is that Poch must be given more time, he has to be.

None of us want it to be the same-old same-old, we're all hoping not, but it is just hope. It is based on the idea of let's try not sacking a coach and seeing if stability works. It certainly isn't based on the fact we definitely have the right coach.

Saying 'we have the youngest team', 'we have a coach who's young and learning', 'we're in transition with a mis-balanced squad', 'the manager needs his own players' is all fine, and true....how much of that should really be acceptable to us? Using it all as an excuse and then also clinging to it as our master-plan is all a bit....Spursy.

Honestly ... I really hate the word Spursy ... when it's used in a negative sense where situations get fucked up. I mean people nowadays regularly say that something Spursy is bound to happen. And that believe it or not, this mentality carries psychologically throughout the club at all levels.

I mean, I'm absolutely fine when it's used in incidents where - for instance - we described that Inter away (EL) game where they were battering us, and we only managed to get to the next round when Ade scored in extra time. But when we constantly use it to - for instance - describe our frequent end of the season collapses, it gets quite upsetting.

It's sad because you'll hear people say something along the lines that, you know what you were getting into as it's part of our history .... - No, it's not fucking part of our identity!

#ShakeOffTheSpursy

We were Spursy because we had (often greedy) tiny dancers mincing around.

Lennon, Townsend, Soldado etc

Before that Lennon, Defoe, Bentley.

Before that Sinton, Fox, Domingues, Rebrov etc.

It's alllllllll changed. We no longer overload the team with them. Spursy is a poor mans Tottenham Way.

This is my season. I have campaigned against Soft spurs on message boards for decades.

This is going to be a watershed season for ole Gibbsy.

Now we have a fierce work ethic, the drunks are out, the midfield is packed with skillful but robust players sprinkled with the finesse of players like Eriksen and Lamela we are looking like a juggernaut.

Kane, Dembele, Dier, Toby.

Strongest spine in world football?

We were Spursy because we had (often greedy) tiny dancers mincing around.

Lennon, Townsend, Soldado etc

Before that Lennon, Defoe, Bentley.

Before that Sinton, Fox, Domingues, Rebrov etc.

It's alllllllll changed. We no longer overload the team with them. Spursy is a poor mans Tottenham Way.

This is my season. I have campaigned against Soft spurs on message boards for decades.

This is going to be a watershed season for ole Gibbsy.

Now we have a fierce work ethic, the drunks are out, the midfield is packed with skillful but robust players sprinkled with the finesse of players like Eriksen and Lamela we are looking like a juggernaut.

Kane, Dembele, Dier, Toby.

Strongest spine in world football?
I am glad for yer.

I thank the stars that Poch and levy are finally listening to you. If they hadn't outreached to you We'd be fucked

Did Levy write this article? It's the fans fault?! We call it Spursy because even shit you couldn't make up happens, every time we think we've bucked that shit we get fucked over and we're a laughing stock...again.

We'd all rather be Jimmy Saville than a scum fan but they've looked down on us since I was 9 years old, fucking 9. If we can't take ownership of such ridiculous failings and crazy foibles to try to make light of them then we'd all be suicidal for sure. The players get paid thousands to play with a backbone, we pay thousands to watch some of them roll-over and let us down time and again. It's not always fun, we'd rather cry than laugh sometimes but how long can you go on crying?

We keep Levy's balance sheet healthy, directly to the club and indirectly through Sky and those who want to market to such a huge audience. All blood is squeezed from the stone; even for every year there is no new stadium there are £hundreds of thousands that we pay for years just to be on a season ticket waiting list, a fucking waiting list.

Yes we're the custodians of the club but as far as the owners are concerned, if we don't like it there are plenty more waiting to take our place.

Excuse my French above but I hate that we're a laughing stock at times (regularly). We already get called arrogant and delusional often enough about aspiring to top 4, told we won the league in black and white etc. To try and defy the joke (ish) of the 'Spursy' tag will only add fuel to those labels and make us even more laughed at when the inevitable happens again. Oh no, I said it's inevitable, it's all my fault!

We're bang in the middle of another transitional period a.k.a. the same as most seasons lately. In all honesty, whilst some clutch to the few glimpses of promise we've seen, and think that a squad of youngsters and cheap buys will be the model that defines our glory just as long as we don't sack a manager within 18months, others are looking at the vast majority of the question marks over the season they've seen and thinking we could well be in the same old place come January 2016. Overall I'd say that support is good when the latter camp have a very strong track record of evidence and benchmarks to base their concerns on. The general consensus is that Poch must be given more time, he has to be.

None of us want it to be the same-old same-old, we're all hoping not, but it is just hope. It is based on the idea of let's try not sacking a coach and seeing if stability works. It certainly isn't based on the fact we definitely have the right coach.

Saying 'we have the youngest team', 'we have a coach who's young and learning', 'we're in transition with a mis-balanced squad', 'the manager needs his own players' is all fine, and true....how much of that should really be acceptable to us? Using it all as an excuse and then also clinging to it as our master-plan is all a bit....Spursy.

How do you feal now are we close to banishing the Spursy tag

How do you feal now are we close to banishing the Spursy tag

I feel fine until days like today when I read that at half-time vs Chelski scum in a tight game! Hoping it's another day we help to work off that tag. Scum game was Spursy given our dominance unfortunately.

I'll be glad when that tag is long since burned......a long way to go this season yet.

Back
Top Bottom