"TITLE RACE" ( There is no sense not talking about it)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch told us this a couple of months ago...

Sadly, too many cunts wanted to mock him, slate the chairman or defiantly double-down behind their 'right to criticise'

:pochunimpressed:

"...As if players read or give a shit a out social media etc."

Honestly, the self-serving ignorance of such comments is astounding.

I think it will change but fuck me as a fan base we make it hard for ourselves.

You know what it comes down to? Two things. Firstly the current group are paying the price of chairmen, managers and footballers who flaked before, pretty much through the nineties and 2000s which really isn't fair and secondly and I think his is the most important, supporters love to say I told you so and that they were right.

Our OWN fans plant seeds of doubt in the football club, it's absolutely insane! Until the club shifts and starts believing they'll make history and change the fabric of the club it simply won't happen. So many supporters demanding signings, demanding a new stadium, demanding 3 points every weekend yet they forget the most important thing, to back the club along the way.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh on supporters, maybe the whole football is trendy has attracted these get rich quick scheme thinkers, maybe the real fans have been priced out and we're left with the pisstakers who knows.

It's a shame as I loved the club for its uniqueness and its tribal feel. I look at how entitled West Ham fans were last season, revolting against their poxy little club, how Woolwich supporters treated Wenger when in reality he transformed them as a name in football. Chelsea and their back stabbing ways I loved that Spurs fans had a brain and didn't on the whole feel snide. Sadly whenever I log onto Twitter for example literally every Tottenham post I see is a Tottenham fan taking the piss out of something at the club, be it the chairman, (who has it must be noted been the only person in our history to steer us to the Champions League 3 seasons in a row), Sissoko, Waiting to pounce on a stadium issue be it delays, cheese rooms, ticket prices blah blah blah the usual bollocks, it's a joke.

I back the club, I don't bad mouth them when it's not justified or deserved. I do my part to try and get the club to where it strives to be. Some people think that because they pay their ticket price they're doing enough. Spoilt, self entitled and make too much noise. How would they like it if they kept breaking personal records at work, only for their boss to take the piss out of them? A little repressed and a little less bounce in their stride I, guessing so surely the same applies to the players when they hear terms like Spursy when in reality we are the leagues biggest over achievers based on revenue to productivity! They forget that the players are human as well. As a supporter of the club it's not on and it happens too frequently in what has arguably been our most promising phase since the 60s.

I know and knew this season was a long shot when it came to winning the league but you've got to give your backing to the boys to help get them over the line instead of doing what most do which is to lurk in the shadows until there's a slip up only to boast that they were right all along. Pathetic, moany & undeserved support for a great club with a huge heritage that deserves better

Last edited:
I would hope every single one of our players still believe. Otherwise things could get quite worrying in the race for the top four.
i know this sounds pessimistic as fuck but never has a couple of draws looked so appealing. The thought of having Woolwich claw back 9 points in a week is fucking horrendous.

I think theres a few players there who genuinely believe in themselves and the club and that we can win titles-Kane, Dele, Verts, Rose, Lamela and the like-they've shown enough fight and talent over the last few years to prove that but I also think there are too many flakey players who either aren't good enough or don't have the bottle in the critical moments like Aurier, Davies, Trippier, Sissoko(vast improvement noted) Dier and lloris somehow fall between these two stools for me, love them both but they have the mistakes in them at crucial times to fuck us up.

I just really think we need a proper world class midfielder in there with Winksy and a full back or two of real class to start winning things. We are that close but will these things happen before Kane and co are into their peak years?? I really hope so-it would be criminal of us to waste possibly the best striker in a generation or two of English footballs time at our great club.
I have no doubt we can mix it in the next few years with Oil fc, the Russian mafia, the self proclaimed biggest club in the world and the biggest club in the world not to have a league in 29 years if we do things right the next two or three transfer windows.

I think it will change but fuck me as a fan base we make it hard for ourselves.

You know what it comes down to? Two things. Firstly the current group are paying the price of chairmen, managers and footballers who flaked before, pretty much through the nineties and 2000s which really isn't fair and secondly and I think his is the most important, supporters love to say I told you so and that they were right.

Our OWN fans plant seeds of doubt in the football club, it's absolutely insane! Until the club shifts and starts believing they'll make history and change the fabric of the club it simply won't happen. So many supporters demanding signings, demanding a new stadium, demanding 3 points every weekend yet they forget the most important thing, to back the club along the way.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh on supporters, maybe the whole football is trendy has attracted these get rich quick scheme thinkers, maybe the real fans have been priced out and we're left with the pisstakers who knows.

It's a shame as I loved the club for its uniqueness and its tribal feel. I look at how entitled West Ham fans were last season, revolting against their poxy little club, how Woolwich supporters treated Wenger when in reality he transformed them as a name in football. Chelsea and their back stabbing ways I loved that Spurs fans had a brain and didn't on the whole feel snide. Sadly whenever I log onto Twitter for example literally every Tottenham post I see is a Tottenham fan taking the piss out of something at the club, be it the chairman, (who has it must be noted been the only person in our history to steer us to the Champions League 3 seasons in a row), Sissoko, Waiting to pounce on a stadium issue be it delays, cheese rooms, ticket prices blah blah blah the usual bollocks, it's a joke.

I back the club, I don't bad mouth them when it's not justified or deserved. I do my part to try and get the club to where it strives to be. Some people think that because they pay their ticket price they're doing enough. Spoilt, self entitled and make too much noise. How would they like it if they kept breaking personal records at work, only for their boss to take the piss out of them? They forget that the players are human as well. As a supporter of the club it's not on and it happens too frequently in what has arguably been our most promising phase since the 60s.

I know and knew this season was a long shot when it came to winning the league but you've got to give your backing to the boys to help get them over the line instead of doing what most do which is to lurk in the shadows until there's a slip up only to boast that they were right all along. Pathetic support for a great club that deserves better

I'd love to see a sports psychologist's autopsy on Poch's reign... To quantify the good and bad within our mental trajectory. This isn't likely (although could clubs in our predicament do more on this front?), but one thing is perfectly clear to me; our quest to develop the fabled 'WINNING mentality' isn't likely helped by fans unloading their frustrations on the clubs psyche with a flagrant disregard for the bigger picture.

I'd love to see a sports psychologist's autopsy on Poch's reign... To quantify the good and bad within our mental trajectory. This isn't likely (although could clubs in our predicament do more on this front?), but one thing is perfectly clear to me; our quest to develop the fabled 'WINNING mentality' isn't likely helped by fans unloading their frustrations on the clubs psyche with a flagrant disregard for the bigger picture.

It's been a challenging year that unfortunately hasn't had football as its sole or main focus. The mocking of the transfer windows, the stadium etc has diverted a bit of the love of the club away from the supporters which makes the teams focus for large parts of it a fantastic achievement.

It's been hard graft, incan understand why Poch says the sooner we can get into the new gaff the better. One less thing to divert attention away from the football

Every title winning team this century has had a Frenchman in the squad..

moussa-sissoko.jpg

Liverpool don't have one.

Think we need to beat Chelsea and Woolwich if we want to finish in the top 4, both of those games are imperative to our season because they are part of the chasing pack, we win those two games we could probably afford two more losses and still finish 3rd (depending on how United are during the run-in.)

More important not to lose the next two

Of course I’d like to win them both but a draw would be better for us than them

In all honesty, how are our players supposed to believe they can win without the supporters giving them the belief?

It starts and ends with what we can control as a fan base. We've got to start believing in the players and the club more for the mentality to shift. We have to believe we belong instead of this Spursy shit I hear or the whole never change Tottenham digs. Players will hear this kind of shit and it won't help confidence levels.

Got to start shifting our mindset if we expect the players to do the same as well
Oh do shut up. people believe in jesus and santa. I'd rather have evidence we can win something rather than closing my eyes and gritting my teeth... listen to the bollocks that is spouted about "moving on" "learning from this" "fresh start" etc.

We cannot even build a fucking stadium on time, luck and refereeing decisions doesnt play a part in that! or do we have to build another 10 knowing that it will even itself out over time??

Name the last stadium built on time...

giphy.gif
All the stadiums used at last summers world cup? and the one before that etc etc.....

Maybe the qatar world cup will be in the summer when they fail to have it ready for the winter...

Still I guess he took his eye off the ball, what with the distraction of all those transfers...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Oh do shut up. people believe in jesus and santa. I'd rather have evidence we can win something rather than closing my eyes and gritting my teeth... listen to the bollocks that is spouted about "moving on" "learning from this" "fresh start" etc.

We cannot even build a fucking stadium on time, luck and refereeing decisions doesnt play a part in that! or do we have to build another 10 knowing that it will even itself out over time??

You'd rather have a trophy than not? :shrugs:

...Otherwise, what is this evidence you speak of?

I have a genuine question for everyone, if we do end up missing out on the top four from the position we have been in, what would the fallout from that be for Poch?

I can’t imagine the outcome would be good, I would like to think he has built up enough good faith to not be pushed out of the club but you know what people are like, they would be calling for his head.

Back
Top Bottom