Toby Alderweireld

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Right time for him to go, and a great deal for us, but I'm sad that it's happening. What a partnership we had in him and Jan. 3-1 home win vs Dortmund in 2017 I remember watching over a second time with a friend and couldn't get over how well he played.

One of those players I didn't appreciate quite how good he was until seeing him in the flesh, I wish him all the best.

Officially announced now I believe.

It really does start to have a wipe the slate clean feel about it doesn't it?

Thanks for your years Toby. You were a wonderful servant. First class defender.

You will be missed.

See ya Toby, at his peak one of the best PL defenders and other than Ledley the best one on one defender I can remember at the club.

Really odd how in a few years the likes of Verts, Toby, Mousa, Eriksen and Lamela are all gone.

What a player!!

Thank you for all Toby, you were class. Shame we didn't win anything in thoose years. End of an era.

Good luck!
We'll win stuff eventually, and it'll almost certainly be with a less talented team than the one with peak Lloris/Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose/Dembele, Wanyama/Eriksen, Alli, Son/Kane.

Actually writing that out again leaves me gobsmacked that we didn't even manage to lift a cup in that time.

Really odd how in a few years the likes of Verts, Toby, Mousa, Eriksen and Lamela are all gone.
The reality is that it should have happened sooner and the transition between squads should have been smoother. Rather than this overhaul within a couple of years. Still hurst to see what should have been a title winning side dismantled with nothing to show for their hard work.

Lol says the Canadian whose never been within 2000 miles of WHL

:nunolol:
More drivel!
A warning for this??? TFC has gone soft!
Ooooh, what's with the new WARNING button? ...where do I get one?

In other news, the only Spurs related person sadder to see Toby go than us, is probably Dele... he fed off those 50 yard Quarterback passes so often!!

Seems like the band really is breaking up!

Jan >>>
Eriksen >>>
Trippier >>>
Rose >>>
Lamela >>>
Toby >>>

See ya Toby, at his peak one of the best PL defenders and other than Ledley the best one on one defender I can remember at the club.

It's one of the sad realities of the passing of time. I fear many years will pass before we can come close to replacing those legends.

We'll win stuff eventually, and it'll almost certainly be with a less talented team than the one with peak Lloris/Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose/Dembele, Wanyama/Eriksen, Alli, Son/Kane.

Actually writing that out again leaves me gobsmacked that we didn't even manage to lift a cup in that time.
It really is shocking isn't it?

Leicester won the league with HALF of that quality... Chelsea were on a par, but still, we had our chance... Liverpool won the CL with an overall squad arguably less talented than ours...

...does make you wonder about who was leading the ship, doesn't it?

It really is shocking isn't it?

Leicester won the league with HALF of that quality... Chelsea were on a par, but still, we had our chance... Liverpool won the CL with an overall squad arguably less talented than ours...

...does make you wonder about who was leading the ship, doesn't it?
Absolutely, but then you can go round in circles debating that he moulded that side and improved the players to the point that we are amazed they didn't win anything.

Or did you mean Levy?

It's one of the sad realities of the passing of time. I fear many years will pass before we can come close to replacing those legends.

For me Verts was the hardest. Best ball player I have ever seen at CB (not just at Spurs either) the ball was stuck to his feet like an elite attacker. He was also a leader and made everyone around him like Toby, Rose, Dembele play at a higher level.

Barca where interested in him back in 2014 but turned it down to stay with us, what a lunatic but great.

The reality is that it should have happened sooner and the transition between squads should have been smoother. Rather than this overhaul within a couple of years. Still hurst to see what should have been a title winning side dismantled with nothing to show for their hard work.

We where fucking unlucky. The season Chelsea won it they had Conte and Hazard and Kante had both arguably their best seasons in the Prem while they had no European football to contend with. Our first 11 was great but we had an average bench and with the CL a ton of games to get through.

over a 3 year period we had more points than Chelsea, City or anyone else, we just didn’t do it all in one season. For the future if we are playing European football the lesson is we needed a deeper squad like all of our rivals.

Back
Top Bottom