Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

oi5a5271-as-2-840x560-q80.jpg

What's Harry Maguiure doing directly under the "T" of the TFC supermarket on the High Road...?
Didn't know he was Spurs!!

The 'adventure parks' that were the walks between the Station and the grounds up north in the 70s, must have been where they got the idea for Game of thrones.

Lots of demolition going on so there was plenty of artillery, cockney hating northern coppers, rabid alsatians and spooked horses. Loads of terraced house side streets, ideal ambush country,

But strutting through their manors, Park Lane silk scarf, cravat style, Sta Prest, Royals and Crombied up, was just the bollocks.

But that was 50 years ago, when I wore a younger man's clothes.

The 'adventure parks' that were the walks between the Station and the grounds up north in the 70s, must have been where they got the idea for Game of thrones.

Lots of demolition going on so there was plenty of artillery, cockney hating northern coppers, rabid alsatians and spooked horses. Loads of terraced house side streets, ideal ambush country,

But strutting through their manors, Park Lane silk scarf, cravat style, Sta Prest, Royals and Crombied up, was just the bollocks.

Love it mate 😊👍🐓

Funny thing with Spam really. They seemed to have a hold over us for some reason. No doubting they had a fearsome mob in the 70's and 80's, no point denying it. We had great results over chelsea, man utd, leeds and almost everyone and despite not getting the media attention like others we were up there firm wise. They were a yo yo club in those days too so we didn't play them that much to be fair. There were some testimonials at WHL and the youth cup game where they came over (famous photo of 6 Spurs fronting them at Stevie P's testimonial). The league cup quarter final at UP in 1980 saw a huge Tottenham mob over there, they got in the away end and it was lively to say the least. Latter years there have been 'events' like the Salmon and Ball in Bethnal Green and again in Leytonstone where we have had the upper hand but overall it would be wrong to say that they didn't come out on top in the main.
I knew a few of their old skinhead mob and the black ICF lot through music .. ( actually have a story of a Jam concert in Paris 81 where 3 game as Spurs and myself went on a coach full of very game East London Mods and bods who were all West Ham, including one Southbank face to see the Jam and it was carnage, we battled PSG skins day and night who came to greet us and smashed them to pieces, after a long battle on the metro and the centre of Paris a tale for another time) ..

And they all thought we Spurs were a right handful and definitely can have our day but they all wreckon they had made their minds up to be number one in London and that was there unifying war cry and only mission. Add in their loose use of craft tools at games, I think the Woolwich bod who got killed by the ICF in 82 at Finsbury Park really put doubt in some minds, plus the violent home visits by their lot who thought they were the Krays also and yes they were well organized which gave them the edge but overall there's something in that working class East End blood they were hard pyscho wanna be gangster mutherfuckers and the only lot that had something over us back then.But saying that we still had results over them 70s in their end twice and not budged and 80 took it to them all night at theirs, never a back step, fought them at testimonial and in the Shelf we never ever ran from them even when they had bigger numbers. And up north we were way better, they were top dog in London agreed back them but not outside we did way more. I think East Ham 83 also went a bit far to say the least. So I'd say early 80s they had an edge over us. Always said they were our main enemy off the field.

I knew a few of their old skinhead mob and the black ICF lot through music .. ( actually have a story of a Jam concert in Paris 81 where 3 game as Spurs and myself went on a coach full of very game East London Mods and bods who were all West Ham, including one Southbank face to see the Jam and it was carnage, we battled PSG skins day and night who came to greet us and smashed them to pieces, after a long battle on the metro and the centre of Paris a tale for another time) ..

And they all thought we Spurs were a right handful and definitely can have our day but they all wreckon they had made their minds up to be number one in London and that was there unifying war cry and only mission. Add in their loose use of craft tools at games, I think the Woolwich bod who got killed by the ICF in 82 at Finsbury Park really put doubt in some minds, plus the violent home visits by their lot who thought they were the Krays also and yes they were well organized which gave them the edge but overall there's something in that working class East End blood they were hard pyscho wanna be gangster mutherfuckers and the only lot that had something over us back then.But saying that we still had results over them 70s in their end twice and not budged and 80 took it to them all night at theirs, never a back step, fought them at testimonial and in the Shelf we never ever ran from them even when they had bigger numbers. And up north we were way better, they were top dog in London agreed back them but not outside we did way more. I think East Ham 83 also went a bit far to say the least. So I'd say early 80s they had an edge over us. Always said they were our main enemy off the field.

Agree with that. They had their shit together in London but there are plenty of northern firms that rate Spurs more highly than West Ham. I think we travelled better on the whole.

Middleborough , Leeds, Liverpool, Derby, Sheffield and Maine Road to name a few all very bleak and desolate. And we didn't stick out like sore thumbs did we..
Agree with that. They had their shit together in London but there are plenty of northern firms that rate Spurs more highly than West Ham. I think we travelled better on the whole.
Indeed we are rated higher outside of London we did way more. I remember some of their lot told me they went to St Pancras to greet us back from Forest 78/79 season and when they saw how many geezers got off that train they melted away, our away trips up north we took huge game mobs, it's the time we all came together. West Ham didn't take numbers outside of London wasn't any caravan parks up north so they couldnt congregate.

Middleborough , Leeds, Liverpool, Derby, Sheffield and Maine Road to name a few all very bleak and desolate. And we didn't stick out like sore thumbs did we..
Indeed we are rated higher outside of London we did way more. I remember some of their lot told me they went to St Pancras to greet us back from Forest 78/79 season and when they saw how many geezers got off that train they melted away, our away trips up north we took huge game mobs, it's the time we all came together. West Ham didn't take numbers outside of London wasn't any caravan parks up north so they couldnt congregate.

Those 77-78 and 78-79 seasons there are very few firms that could live with Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom