Tottenham Hotspur V AC Milan

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Loads of positives to take from today, minutes for Mason, Hugo. Winks looked assured when he was on the ball. Alli once again looked so comfortable and there can be no argument over him or Dier for United. Carroll looks like he's added to his game in the final third. Compare that with the tired displays of Cap and Pauli. Has our midfield improved over the summer, to me, yes.

Loads of positives to take from today, minutes for Mason, Hugo. Winks looked assured when he was on the ball. Alli once again looked so comfortable and there can be no argument over him or Dier for United. Carroll looks like he's added to his game in the final third. Compare that with the tired displays of Cap and Pauli. Has our midfield improved over the summer, to me, yes.

Careful with that. Mind your place.

AC-Milans-team-0000003623.jpg

legendary team.

And look the shite players they played against us today :pochfacepalm:
Ha! Add Crespo and Seedorf ... 2 more hall of famers. What a squad they had back then.

Sorry, similar question as yesterday ... missed the game again.

Can anybody sum up the game? Any particular highlights?
And is it worth a watch?

Thanks!

Poch doesn't use DM's. Even schneiderlin isn't an out and out DM.

If we used DM's, don't you think Dembele would have seen more game time?

Morgan Schneiderlin (French pronunciation: [mɔʁgan ʃnedəʁlin]; born 8 November 1989) is a French professional footballer who plays as a defensive midfielder for English club Manchester United and the France national team.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_Schneiderlin

You need to update his wiki, Jayc1 (and let Morgan know about his new box-to-box role).

Sorry, similar question as yesterday ... missed the game again.

Can anybody sum up the game? Any particular highlights?
And is it worth a watch?

Thanks!
Bright start, scored a couple of great goals splitting Milan in two. Midfielders running into the box creating havoc, dominating the game. Lloris and Mason back playing. Need to watch our high back line for off-the-shoulder runners. Trippier is a quality signing, Alli is even better. We won a trophy :freundgoal:

The second goal is the one that gives me hope, the pass, movement and finish was superb. The first means nothing to me apart from it being a moment of individual brilliance, superb goal nonetheless. I hate to be cynical but that's how I look at it.

The second goal is the one that gives me hope, the pass, movement and finish was superb. The first means nothing to me apart from it being a moment of individual brilliance, superb goal nonetheless. I hate to be cynical but that's how I look at it.
Who assisted the second goal? I was watching on a dreadful stream in Germany, I'm pretty sure the guy was wearing white. Glorious ball. Lamela had a frustrating game again but he shows those little glimpses of a real quality player, especially when he weights a through ball on the run from the no 10 position, probably needs to play there imo, not fast enough for the wing and probably a bit too selfish when looking for the killer ball.

Only watched the first half and we controlled a poor Milan team. Seems like not one player was over used so hopefully all will be fresh and available for selection on Saturday. At least this can give the squad some confidence rather than going into the league game after 3 defeats. It may only be pre-season but psychologically it could have an impact.

...and for what it's worth... if it wasn't for the fucking 'heritage' sashTM and the AIA logo, we could be looking at one of the greatest Spurs home kits of all time, IMHO!

So if we change the design it could be one of the greats yeah? :troll:

Right just got home. Watching the Milan game now. Could one of you loves be so kind as to enlighten me into who are our starting 11 and subs please. Ta. Much love. Mitts x

Also, few daft (I hope tongue in cheek) comments about ENIC in this thread.

First of all. We were really really shit when they took over. Secondly, they did still own us when we were 'fantastic' and played all this wonderful free flowing football under droopy chops and got to the last 8 of the CL*. Thirdly, things have hardly gone to shit like Milan have so the comparisons are a bit daft.

Can't think of a fourthly, give me some time.

*Yes, even under Redknapp we had some utter shit performances and daft home defeats to terrible teams, it will probably never change. I mean one season, we failed to get through a Europa League group containing Shamrock Rovers, Rubin Kazan and PAOK Salonika FFS.

Back
Top Bottom