Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Neres was pocketed by Trippier.

I find it hard to believe Aurier wouldn't do the same.

Aurier does crazy shit. He's a walking rush of blood to the head. I do not trust that guy in a big game.

Maybe it's a "fuck it, we have nothing to lose" scenario, I guess, fair, but do not be surprised if he does something incredibly costly and loses us the tie.

Aurier will make no difference - other than he's different to Trippier unless he's going to miraculously change from the player he's been this season and last season

Not claiming he's Mr Consistent but why all of a sudden can we not acknowledge that Serge has played well in some games this year?

His upside has certainly exceeded KT this season.

You still claiming that Delle is a big game player?
I don't understand how you seem to be digging out Rose. I thought along with Sissoko he was our best player.
paddy spur paddy spur

tenor.gif

So what you're saying is:

oUtSpEnD CiTy :angryscouser:

(If not, i havent a clue what your broader point is...)
Not outspend them. But at least show some ambition. In Spain athletic cannot spend what real or Barca Can, but they still buy quality players to give themselves a quality squad capable of competing at least. Have you seen the players in their squad compared to ours. The reality is they are willing to pay the wages and transfer fees for the right players. Like thomas lemar or diego costa to name but 2...we generate more money than them so how come they have a squad that is so much better than ours ?

Not outspend them. But at least show some ambition. In Spain athletic cannot spend what real or Barca Can, but they still buy quality players to give themselves a quality squad capable of competing at least. Have you seen the players in their squad compared to ours. The reality is they are willing to pay the wages and transfer fees for the right players. Like thomas lemar or diego costa to name but 2...we generate more money than them so how come they have a squad that is so much better than ours ?
You should read up about the underhand way Athleti have managed their finances over the last 20 years, still in debt to the Spanish government over unpaid taxes. I wouldn't use that club as a shining example for us to follow.

Back
Top Bottom