Tottenham Hotspur v Ajax, Champions League Semi-Final, Tue 30th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This game will either finish a comfortable spurs win or an ajax thrashing. My head says that Spurs just have one too many injuries to key players. You need those players in big games like this. Ajax are playing insane football but just maybe they will struggle against PL style football. They wont be given any time on the ball. We will pressure hard. Ajax are inexperienced, but very dangerous. Then you have the fact they are level with PSV, a team we have already beat and drew with this season, alas with kane etc. Both games we dominated. Fuck it im convinced now £500 on spurs yeah? 😰

As many people have said today is the day, biggest game for half a century.

Oddly not nervous about it (yet). What with how we qualified out of the group, injuries, suspension and how we got past City. I'm just enjoying the fact we are in the semis and want to just enjoy it. As the old saying goes 'Que Será, Será', all we can do is get behind the team and try to enjoy it.

Up the Spurs!

Last edited:
If there is a song that goes against everything we feel as tottenham fans its three little birds.... but i cant get the fucker out of my head........

MzPLtdp.png

Dont worry..........

My Eyes have seen the Glory of the cups at White Hart Lane,
And the Spurs go marching on.
Glory, Glory Tottenham Hotspur,
Glory, Glory Tottenham Hotspur and the Spurs go marching on......

We'll go storming into Europe,
With the Ghost and Jimmy Greaves
We'll go storming into Europe
Bring the Spanish to their Knees
Oh, you can keep your West Ham
We don't want their OBEs
Cos the Spurs go marching on.

The Merseyside will tremble at the tackle of Dave McKay
All Manchester will wonder, when *Son* starts to fly
Cos we're the mighty Hotspur
And there's nobody can deny
That.....the Spurs ....... go ........ marching on.

And the Spurs go marching on.

We'll go storming into Europe,
With the Ghost and Jimmy Greaves
We'll go storming into Europe
Bring the Spanish to their Knees
Oh, you can keep your West Ham
We don't want their OBEs
Cos the Spurs go marching on.

The Merseyside will tremble at the tackle of Dave McKay
All Manchester will wonder, when *Son* starts to fly
Cos we're the mighty Hotspur
And there's nobody can deny
That.....the Spurs ....... go ........ marching on.

Fantastic

Thought just occurred to me, YouTube vids have replaced the early morning TV on Cup Final day. When you woke up early got shit out of the way then sat in front of the Telly from 9am thru to KO (or until you had to leave if you had a ticket). All the previews and build up, watch the teams leave their hotels in the morning etc..

Up The Spurs!

I feel a lot better about this after reading all the media this morning. Massive Ajax wankfest, nobody gives us a chance.

:dembelefingers:

This is playing right into our hands. Injuries and suspensions be fucked, we're going to do them.

I feel a lot better about this after reading all the media this morning. Massive Ajax wankfest, nobody gives us a chance.

:dembelefingers:

This is playing right into our hands. Injuries and suspensions be fucked, we're going to do them.
Well the bookies have us as slight favourites, so maybe the media should lump on Ajax and take them to cleaners.

Hoping that we can play Alli in his usual position tonight. Would go Sissoko and Wanyama in cm, then Eriksen Alli Moura Llorente.

Weirdly not feeling nervous. Hopefully we come flying out of the traps, but having said that would be delighted with a 1-0 win.

If our former Ajax players can’t get themselves up for the semi final of the CL then they need to find new careers. Whether they stay after this season or move on to pastures new, they may never get this close to bagging the big one again.
I have no worries that they won’t be up for this whatsoever.
Bigger worry is how threadbare we are looking.

I pray you are right my friend. I hope we get to witness SuperJan, and CE confirms his quality from a set piece. IF, Sanchez plays, I hope he finds Moura continuously with long balls. I hope Toby just continues to do what he does.

Most of all I hope we continue to play as an amazing unit and prove to doubters that the team philosophy runs deep, from our reserves to our talisman

(I'm risking losing my kente stole for graduation tomorrow in order to watch this match but what the fuck would they have me do?)

COYFS

The history of our club is woven with European glory. Tonight is another of those nights. Terry Dyson in 1963. Alan Mullery in 1972. Tony Parks in 1984. Time for another hero to step up. We've done it before and we will do it again.

Poch is so right about the importance of the collective. Yes, we are missing important players but we were missing Clemence, Hoddle and Perryman in 84 and look what happened.

I have learned to trust in this team and this manager. They are capable of amazing things. Believe!

COYS

I was actually fine last night-taking it all in, enjoying where we are and how well we have done to get this far and treating this one as a free hit essentially.
Woke up in bits at 6am and its getting worse now. Its lucky I have a pack of blues because I think I'll need them later, the nerves are shockin lads!

Just want to point out what mark twain said too about Ajax amazing run-juventus and real lost to utter dross like CSKA young boys and united this campaign. Knocking them out over two legs is certainly an achievement but has been overplayed-if we had our full quota fit I would be 100% confident we would hammer them, we are decimated but still have enough.
Lets get this done.

Back
Top Bottom