Tottenham Hotspur v APOEL Nicosia, Champions League - Matchday Six

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vorm
Fonyth-Sanchez-Davies
Aurier-Sissoko-Winks-KWP
N'Koudou-Son
Llorente
The only upside I can see to N'Koudou and Sissoko playing is the penny finally dropping at executive management, first XI management and coaching and fan level that neither is even close to being of a level expected of a Tottenham player.

There should be an internal investigation into the N'² scouting and signing situation

Last edited:
Going posh for the first time and doing club Wembley for this one.

Prediction is not only will we win, we will win well.

Spurs 4 - 0 APOEL
Kane x2
Son
KWP

Vorm
Serge Foyth Sanchez KWP
Sissoko Dier Winks
Dele Llorente Rose
God, we dont even have players to play B team,
Dier because he is always playing anyway and we dont have DM. Serge and Rose needs more match fitness.
Winks because we dont have anybody left. Subs him in 55.
Dele because i want to drop him in next league match.

right fellas. Good stream sites please.
For some reason this hasn't been chosen as a game beIN are showing.

Decided to put on the equally as dead rubber Dortmund v Madrid as the 3rd game.

The easy thing here is to say rest our better players but it is important for the club as a whole to register a win.

Not sure what is preferable but nerves are likely to be in evidence whatever the line-up.

They'll be no pushovers.

Lets not go in with the general air of complacency that has been stinking us up for a while now. YES "we should be beating these" but NO they're not just gonna roll over and let it happen.

Result means nothing but it does in the context of our current form. We really dont need another poor result and extra ammo for the boo boys - both fans and non-fans alike.

Last edited:
Vorm
Foyth Sanchez Davies
Trippier OB Winks KWP
GKN Edwards
Llorente

Meaningless game. Rest as many as you can and give the yoof and outsiders a chance.

I worry we’d lose our competitive edge if we did that

Strongest 11 always - then the shirt has sky high value, players are used to peak fitness demands and having to fight to earn a place, game management and tactical awareness can develop and if we come out the traps firing and are a couple or three up by the half hour mark, I’d make three subs there and then

First XI in a match with literally nothing at stake, in what is likely to be very cold conditions? I just don't get that.

APOEL will want to win this game as a point will probably see them get Europa qualification.

It's not like we've played especially badly against any of our opponents recently. Bad results sure, but we were better than Leicester, West Brom and Watford (until the sending off). What happens if we play the first XI and they lose because there's nothing at stake? That really could pile on the pressure.

I might give Dier a start in CB as he'll be playing there for the next month, but otherwise would look to bring in reserve replacements where possible.

I like how many of you have forgotten that N'Koudou is fucking dogshit. And please don't tell me all he needs is a run of games. I'll be forced to destroy the whole internet

canyoudraw2-83.jpg

Back
Top Bottom