Tottenham Hotspur v Brentford (H) | Wednesday 31st January @ 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Chelsea game showed we are easy to wind up, when its going well Ange ball is beautiful , Games like today will show what this team is made of though , Still its a journey , I think we come back 2nd half and learn from the first - no one said it was going to be easy but tonight we need to show we can win against ugly - early red card for them 3-1 spurs win! fuck Brentford and your Shitty Brent Cross wannabe shopping centre !

It's crazy to me that Brentford have been rewarded over and over again for playing like a bunch of cheating fuckers. Time wasting at every set piece, doing chippy fouls and getting involved with players to try and wind them up. Maupay alone is trying to instigate a fight with almost everybody on our team and has only got a yellow card so far.

Their gameplan has been half football, half non-football tbh... and it's working.

This is Barclays Premier football. they love a physical underdog.

Hojbjerg on for Bentancur wouldn't be the worst idea after that disaster class from Rodrigo in the first half .

Go 4231 and push Maddison further up.

Gotta face facts. Cunty or not, Brentford probably had the three best goal scoring chances that half. Counter attacking teams like them must think it's Christmas facing our high line.

Reality is space is at a premium, they aren't going to come out, possession will be slow and have to be deliberate. This is where as a collective you need ultra nimble technical players who enjoy having the ball in these tight spaces, float in and out of space, and can play at one touch or a quick give and go and pick the lock.

Can only say again, we need more footballers and less runners now when trying to improve the squad.

I thought Richie played well. No striker would have done anything with the service he received. Bentancur has been hopeless. He looks like someone has sucked the life out of him. Madison seems rattled by a celebration. Skipp seems the best MF on the park.
Richarlison may have played well (I don’t have an opinion, however I wasn’t blaming him), but the poor guy is so isolated and on his own in the box that he has no chance of making something happen. I’d say even someone like Kane would struggle to do something in this system. It’s been dreadful.

Back
Top Bottom