Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd still start harry from the bench on this match. I remember we had a suffocating match on the last meeting with this lot where it was frustrating nil nil to the very end. We had everyone back then too, Dele, Ericksen, Son and the "animal" etc. I like to see how it would work with the current line up that's been working very well recently, not to mention not wanting to rush Harry back into the start right away
Hart starting time wasting after 3 minutes,prick.

So I'm at the airport waiting for the gate number, hoping everything is on time so I can get home by kick off time. If not, will just have to find a pub en route and watch it there. However have a horrible feeling that it's not going to be our day as last time I was here, we played the goons away and we all know how that panned out! Still, let's hope luck is on our side and again, the three points should be the be all and end all today. COYS

So I'm at the airport waiting for the gate number, hoping everything is on time so I can get home by kick off time. If not, will just have to find a pub en route and watch it there. However have a horrible feeling that it's not going to be our day as last time I was here, we played the goons away and we all know how that panned out! Still, let's hope luck is on our side and again, the three points should be the be all and end all today. COYS
There shit were be fine .

hqdefault.jpg

FIGHT

AND WIN

Fucking hell this is takin so long. My boy had me up from 6:00 o’clock(I let her have a lye in on the weekends) and whenever I look at the time only 10 minutes or so has passed :lamelaaghh:.

If we can get an early goal I feel like we will be fine, but this shit housery Burnley team don’t often let that happen.

Absolute must win this one, going in to a week of back to back proper derbies.

I’m going 0-1, Kane :kaneear::kaneshh::kanegoal:

They kept on going on about our record against promoted teams before Wolves.

Bit nervous for this one. Early goal please (for us).
No fuck that, us getting pummelled for 87minutes no fingernails left we score totally against the run of play media,goons,dippers hyperventilate.....job done :thumbup:

On second thoughts no 3-0 half time please....:cool:

Not luck unless it is a deflected attempt on goal.

I think today we will see how much the players and Pochettino believe we are still in this thing with a chance of winning the league.

Pochettino is not talking top 4. He is talking of the summit. That is bold talk but also invites pressure.

This is Burnley's free game so we know how they will approach it.

Today we will see but luck is the last resort.

We need to apply added pressure on Liverpool ahead of their game tomorrow and show Spendiola's Shitty that we will take them both to the wire.

I think we’ll see..

Lloris
Trippier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Winks - Sissoko
Lamela - Eriksen - Son
Kane

I’d rather see

Lloris
Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Trippier - Winks - Sissoko - Davies
Lamela - Eriksen
Son
Then Kane off the bench for half an hour.

Really hope we win, but we found it difficult to score against them at Wembley. Hopefully, win 2-0.
Wonder if they will park the bus at home ?
I guess selection wise, the big question is does Llorente start ? I hope he does. Likewise, I really like KWP; but I don't think he will start.

I have got to say this, the Korean fans are amazing at Wembley, saw a group of them going absolutely nuts after the Leicester game - they was dancing and singing and everything.

It's such an amazing and exciting thing the way Son is playing and his sheer joy.

COYS

you really are the best :)

-----------------Lloris----------------
Trippier---Toby-----Jan---Rose
------------Dier----Sissoko--------
Lucas-------Eriksen----------Son
--------------Llorente---------------

Subs - Gazza, Aurier, Foyth, Sanchez, Winks, Lamela, Kane

2-1 (Lucas & Kane)
Burnley are too negative. I think we'd need Winks instead of Dier to help open things up a bit.

If Kane can start then do it. Yes our record is good atm but we've been cutting it fine often.

People saying put him on the bench cos we're doing great without him are also some of those who have melted right up until our stoppage time winners in recent weeks ffs.

Back
Top Bottom