Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley (Turf Moor, 23rd Feb 2019, 12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I disagree, the aim of football should be to put on a show and entertain people. Just staying up at any cost is a dire way to be. What is the point of supporting a club like that, what joy do they get out of that time and money invested.

You disagree with a club getting results by means necessary in a sport that's defined by results?

Fair enough.

What?
All I can see is that you don’t agree that Eriksen has been ineffectual but you’d like to move him

NO, I'd like to move him back so we could get some control back of the midfield, because in the first half he was seeing 30% more Sissoko, despite Sissoko supposedly playing as a midfielder and Eriksen as a 10.

You disagree with a club getting results by means necessary in a sport that's defined by results?

Fair enough.
Listen to yourself, defined by results? That's antithetical to the idea of sport. Results only mentality is for business and money men. I ask again, what is the fucking point of supporting a football club who just grind out results in the ugliest way possible, when you could be doing so many better things with your time and money. It's like people still watching Eastenders every night in the era of endless on-demand entertainment available on the internet, it baffles and depresses me.

Listen to yourself, defined by results? That's antithetical to the idea of sport. Results only mentality is for business and money men. I ask again, what is the fucking point of supporting a football club who just grind out results in the ugliest way possible, when you could be doing so many better things with your time and money. It's like people still watching Eastenders every night in the era of endless on-demand entertainment available on the internet, it baffles and depresses me.

No idea. Go ask a fucking Burnley fan who cares.

Back
Top Bottom