Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, this has been a huge test for us and we failed miserably. There isn't a positive to take from this game. We have a full season ahead of us in Wembley and our first season in our new stadium, which probably means that we are going to see any title in the next two and a half years.

There have been a few individual mistakes and Chelsea had plenty of luck... but Son as a left wingback was one of the dumbest decision Poch has ever made. Like, really, really... I just don't get what the point of that was...
I hardly think we failed miserably, the ref gave yellows to them long after it didn't matter, their 2nd goal was from a dive awarded by the Lino who shouldn't call that. Sometimes things just don't go your way suck it up and move on

Europe will be a great leveller for Chelsea , it's a weird time to say it but I think they're on the decline

glad someone dug out that slaphead Shearer, he's the most fickle pundit out there.

And, as I've already mentioned, JJ was getting wound up by Shearer and Lampard

To his credit

Chelsea didnt play so much as kick the shit out of our players. Louise squealed when he was hurt but proceeded to foul left right and centre. We should have played Walker and Davies from the start. Playing Son as an attacking full back didn't work.
Heart broken 48 years I've followed them and I really thought this was our year. Can only hope the <removed>s get turned over in the league to restore some pride.

Well, this has been a huge test for us and we failed miserably. There isn't a positive to take from this game. We have a full season ahead of us in Wembley and our first season in our new stadium, which probably means that we are not going to see any title in the next two and a half years.

There have been a few individual mistakes and Chelsea had plenty of luck... but Son as a left wingback was one of the dumbest decision Poch has ever made. Like, really, really... I just don't get what the point of that was...

And Trippier playing on the left in the second half. What's that all about? Just shows the lack of depth we have in the squad more than anything else.

Why didn't Poch assign a man marker to Hazard as soon as he came on? He's literally their team yet Poch failed to make proper adjustments.

Sickening to lose this game considering we were by far the better team.

Full of immense pride in what this club and this team have done and are doing. It's always disappointing to lose, especially in a semi of the FACUP, especially when we played so well. Four shots on target beat us. Nothing to cry about.

Davies cost us goals against Swansea and Liverpool. In the other games he played the opposition didn't have the pace and quality to exploit his lack of pace. Any decent team we play will target him.

I understand your point, I just still think hes a better LWB than Son, and ESPECIALLY in a knock-out game like this.

Why didn't Poch assign a man marker to Hazard as soon as he came on? He's literally their team yet Poch failed to make proper adjustments.

Sickening to lose this game considering we were by far the better team.

Was thinking the same thing- man-marking Hazard is an absolute must at all times- it tends to completely shut their team down, especially with Costa not being a willing runner/presser any longer...

Let's get this straight, no one is outright blaming the referee for our loss, just saying he was utter shit. Like, next level fucking terrible.

I am

That bent cunt was instrumental in them winning and I won't hear anything to the contrary

There were other factors but his influence was the main one

Absolutely gutted

Chelsea didnt play so much as kick the shit out of our players. Louise squealed when he was hurt but proceeded to foul left right and centre. We should have played Walker and Davies from the start. Playing Son as an attacking full back didn't work.
Heart broken 48 years I've followed them and I really thought this was our year. Can only hope the <removed>s get turned over in the league to restore some pride.

David Luiz is a total douchebag- writhing around on the ground holding his ankle one second, and making a cross-field sprint immediately thereafter. Hes one of the cheat-iest players I have ever seen in world football! Atkinson was shamefully bad today- I think we all agree there.

Fuck the post-mortem they played hoof ball for the better part of 50 mins, we should have put some more pressure on Hazard and that's Matic's strike of his lifetime. I'm disappointed obviously but they got the rub and the ref is a cunt

I hardly think we failed miserably, the ref gave yellows to them long after it didn't matter, their 2nd goal was from a dive awarded by the Lino who shouldn't call that. Sometimes things just don't go your way suck it up and move on
It wasn't a penalty, but it was Son's task to track back and close down Moses. It was part of the instructions. To concede a second one shortly before half time killed us. We played well, equalised, but had to come back a second time because of this lunatic decision to play him there.

Not having a go at Hugo as I love the guy but he set up the wall then just before the free kick came in he moved one step to the right leaving a gap and with the unlucky deflection it went in
If he had stood his ground he would have probably saved it
Margins are so fine but it was an error

So by not standing in the area where the ball went in it wasn't an error

Righto

Back
Top Bottom