Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea (3rd December)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we play Dembele-Mason-Bentaleb, Stambouli-Mason-Bentaleb or Dembele-Mason-Bentaleb without both Kane and Soldado in the team we will be asking for trouble because Chelsea will know we offer very little threat going the other way. I've always thought the best form of defending is offering some sort of attacking threat and that's what we currently have going into this game. Taking that away from us peels us back to what is essentially a mismatch in midfield quality and we will go down without a whimper by 3 or more goals

The lone striker will get isolated, the middle of the pitch will get congested although that won't bother fabregas much and we'll get murdered down the flanks. On the flip side of that it's hard to say for sure without seeing their starting 11. I just really don't wanna see Dembele play as he pretty much operates in his own little world were he's Modric.

Don't agree with the Soldado stuff but hey Ho.

You really want us to start Chelsea away with 3 defenders on the pitch? Lol they're the best team in the league by a mile they'd tear us to bits. I still think they will if we start the same team as Everton
#Spursy we all know a dodgy penalty and red card is due this game against us, I can imagine a great performance up to the 60 min mark then Hazard takes a dive, Fazio gets canned and it's a 4-1 defeat.
imagine what you fear?
lets wait for the reality?
There will be tactical changes as Chadli coming into the team i guess so team will change form Sunday. We will probably struggle what ever team he plays. I just want to see consistency , Poch keeping the momentum going, players competing for places. Against the Chavs a good performance is needed and the result will take care of it self.

Think we will have to revert to Dier at right back, Vlad is injured and a bit inconsistent still and you can't bring Walker back against Chelsea, he'll be at about 50-60% match sharpness and I don't fancy that against the league's form side. Dier's fine if Lennon is playing on front as that will give him a bit more cover.

Anything against Chelsea is a bonus, they may have failed to score against Sunderland and Costa isn't playing but we're still looking at Hazard and Fabregas who are a genuine menace and Drogba always seems to score against us.

I'd take a draw...

Think we will have to revert to Dier at right back, Vlad is injured and a bit inconsistent still and you can't bring Walker back against Chelsea, he'll be at about 50-60% match sharpness and I don't fancy that against the league's form side. Dier's fine if Lennon is playing on front as that will give him a bit more cover.

Anything against Chelsea is a bonus, they may have failed to score against Sunderland and Costa isn't playing but we're still looking at Hazard and Fabregas who are a genuine menace and Drogba always seems to score against us.

I'd take a draw...
naughton not be back?

Thats another reason why I'd like to have either Kane or Bobby on the bench, start off slightly defensive and pack the middle, work them out then bring on the fire power once we have an idea what Jose is up to.
I dunno. We know what Jose will do, it's just a case of who he needs to rest, and if he chooses Remy or Drogba.

I think we should start hard, and try to score early. Changing the game state would force Chelsea to come at us more, and then give our front four more space and time on the ball to go at their defence. It's sort of like Rocky IV. We cut them to prove they can bleed and are mortal. Then we can really hurt them as they start to doubt...

The lone striker will get isolated, the middle of the pitch will get congested although that won't bother fabregas much and we'll get murdered down the flanks. On the flip side of that it's hard to say for sure without seeing their starting 11. I just really don't wanna see Dembele play as he pretty much operates in his own little world were he's Modric.
Dembele doesn't offer the quick forward passes Pochettino likes. I will probably be wrong, but don't think he'll start. At least, I really hope not.

I'd rather Kane hassling Fabregas & Matic than any of Paulinho, Capoue & Dembele

Not against that, but say we play Kane up front and Chadli just behind as they are two phyiscal players, worried that Soldado not being quick or that strong might get eaten by Terry and Cahill. I know everyone loves Bobby after the goal and I was delighted for him just not sure this game is for him. This could be a real physical battle.

I'd take a draw...

They've got goals all over the pitch that's for sure. Agree about Lennon starting too especially if Dier is at RB because he'll need plenty of help dealing with their wingback and wealth of attacking mids.

Not against that, but say we play Kane up front and Chadli just behind as they are two phyiscal players, worried that Soldado not being quick or that strong might get eaten by Terry and Cahill. I know everyone loves Bobby after the goal and I was delighted for him just not sure this game is for him. This could be a real physical battle.
Yeah that would be a good selection also, just not sure what it does to Soldado's confidence. Also a lot depends on who does start for them. If either of the 2 CB's you mention doesn't play it could be a perfect chance to expose Zouma

They've got goals all over the pitch that's for sure. Agree about Lennon starting too especially if Dier is at RB because he'll need plenty of help dealing with their wingback and wealth of attacking mids.

Lennon as much for his defensive abilities as attacking really hope he starts.

Soldado is one of our most experienced players too though and that could be invaluable in catching them cunts out once or twice. I just really don't want to break up the Mason Bentaleb Kane triangle of glory lol

Don't agree with the Soldado stuff but hey Ho.

You really want us to start Chelsea away with 3 defenders on the pitch? Lol they're the best team in the league by a mile they'd tear us to bits. I still think they will if we start the same team as Everton
football is all about opinion. ?
Only having one forward will not give us an outlet if we are under the cosh for long periods or will it help when pushing forward. They are one of the best teams in the PL so we must respect that but not fear it.

I believe he is more than capable with another forward in support.

this is a MASSIVE London derby

going out there cautious and scared will most likely only result in a hiding

it's time to go balls to the wall and fucking do these cheating cunts

Surely Naughton should start at RB, for me he's currently our best option with Walker still out.

Let Naughton and Davies primarily defend, and leave the attacking mainly to others.

In ways I hope Stambouli plays, but if he doesn't I can see the logic in that.

Much depends on who is fit and ready after a tough schedule, which will continue unabated over the next weeks.

Back
Top Bottom