Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace (14 September @ 15.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch should drop both and start with Eriksen and Ndombele in the mid Plus LoCelso, Son, Moura and Kane upfront, 4 at the back.
Lo Celso is more a centre mid than Eriksen, he can actually play the number 8 role. However, with 2 of the 3 mentioned playing centre mid, we have no one to win the ball back.

Ndombele is not a defensive mid, and neither is Sissoko which is why the can't play together. I think it has to be Winks or Dier playing alongside Ndombele if we are going 3 behind Kane.

I'd like Dier to play proper DM
I’d like to see Dier return to form but it has been a couple seasons now where he is either injured or poor.

He dawdles on the ball and fucks up simple passes. Also makes mistakes that seem to always result in a shot on target for the opposite team.

Next summer a decent DM should be high on the list of priorities. Followed by a RB and CB depending on who leaves and who stays.

Dybala is a dream replacement for eriksen for me, totally different player but would allow us to play in a different way that may be beneficial rather than having a classic number 10.

Last edited:
I’d like to see Dier return to form but it has been a couple seasons now where he is either injured or poor.

He dawdles on the ball and fucks up simple passes. Also makes mistakes that seem to always result in a shot on target for the opposite team.

Next summer a decent DM should be high on the list of priorities. Followed by a RB and CB depending on how who leaves and who stays.

Dybala is a dream replacement for eriksen for me, totally different player but would allow us to play in a different way that may be beneficial rather than having a classic number 10.
To be fair I don't think he's had a solid run of fitness, and as a result form, which means he's not been selected. His last long run in the team was probably as centre back - when we went 3 at the back with vic in midfield.
I just think he allows other players to concentrate more on attacking and pressing up the field.

To be fair I don't think he's had a solid run of fitness, and as a result form, which means he's not been selected. His last long run in the team was probably as centre back - when we went 3 at the back with vic in midfield.
I just think he allows other players to concentrate more on attacking and pressing up the field.
I think Dier has been starved of playing time. Anyone would be a little rusty under those circumstances. I think we should give him a run of at least 3 games.before writing him off. I think he has a lot to offer but doesn't seem to get many chances due to Poch's weird ideas.

I think Dier has been starved of playing time. Anyone would be a little rusty under those circumstances. I think we should give him a run of at least 3 games.before writing him off. I think he has a lot to offer but doesn't seem to get many chances due to Poch's weird ideas.
:dierno:bit harsh mate - 3 games and if you don't impress you can fook off

Another must win game imo.

At this point I'd drop Winks for Skipp. Winks has had very little impact this season, often being dragged off at the 60 minute mark. You can't expect Ndombele to play DM, Dier injured by a stray leaf, Wanyama in his retirement home. Not much option.

Would be nice to see Celso. Lamela and Son start imo.

I wouldn't mind starting Kane, but if he's shocking I hope Poch has the balls to sub him off. It didn't seem to do Aguero any harm when he was subbed against us.

Palace, in purple, are most likely to set up how the toon did. 5-4-1. Poch played son and moura to get in behind them. Of course that was never going to work lol. How about this?

todTT4A.jpg

Last edited:
Palace, in purple, are most likely to set up how the toon did. 5-4-1. Poch played son and moura to get in behind them. Of course that was never going to work lol. How about this?

todTT4A.jpg
Ballsy but i like the idea against teams who park the bus. Gives us more options up the pitch and Dier could drop into the back four and make a 4-2-3-1 on the rare occasion the opposition do have the ball in our half haha. Would love to see it. Highly doubt it though.

Back
Top Bottom