Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Janssen plays and gets hurt I wonder if the same people demanding he be played are going to be the first ones angry at Poch for playing him when we have no other backup?

Attack, attack, attack, defend a little, attack. .....

Dont care about formation, its all basically 4-4-2.. Play Kane/Jan up front , usaul back 4 and take your pick across the middle. I would have 4 MF players which one defends (Dier/Wanyama).

Last edited:
I'd be quite happy to see the same formation as the Everton game - at least in the first half. I'm not convinced that we can't play a lot better without swapping Wanyama for Janssen, and I don't really want to send Victor the message that he's failed the team.

It's more a question of the application of tactics, and knowing what to expect. Koeman's Everton was always going to be a bit of an unknown quantity, but I think Pardew's Palace after seeing them against the Baggies will be a better understood foe.

So, stick with what we have, whisper in Wanyama's ear to try to be a little more box-to-box, and let's see where we are after 45 mins.

Whisper in Wanyama's ear to be something he has never been in his entire career? Why are we not just playing a more creative player in central midfield instead of trying to convert a defensive midfielder into a creative one?

Same as last week, if ANY or Alli, Eriksen or Kane show up we will be fine. Plus with that back 6, like last season we will rarely concede in open play, we just have to get smart on set pieces

Then low and behold we still have the plan B if we haven't scored after an hour

Something that served us well last season should not be thrown out instantly, if one of them fail to find their form Janssen will be breathing down their neck, just not this week.

2-0 Spurs

After thinking about I think I agree with a few posts that Dier and Wanyama didn't work. I think we might see Alli drop into CM and either play Janssen as ST and Kane at 10, or maybe even Chadli on the left and Eriksen at CAM.

Back
Top Bottom