Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We rarely seem to play teams when they are weak but seem to play teams when their star player is fit again or they have a new Manager etc. However with CP having sold their best striker and their new striker not being eligible means we are playing them at the right time.
Now they will propably just defend but we really should win this one. Just hope this does not jinx them but I am not able to watch it live but it will be a dreadful result to even draw this match.
No pressure but a win is a must.

While it's still early in the season, I will say this is a must win game considering that our results have been poor after that dreadful game against WBA last season. We really need a win badly.

I think we will win 3-1 (Kane x2, Janssen - Townsend) and we will start the same team as Everton and bring Janssen on in the second half.

While it's still early in the season, I will say this is a must win game considering that our results have been poor after that dreadful game against WBA last season. We really need a win badly.

Game 2, must win? Fuck off into oblivion whilst sucking off Merson you cunt.

Last edited:
Although the result is the only thing that matters at 5pm, we need to find our best eleven. The new signings will need to establish themselves quickly if they want to be part of it. As a team we need to find our form. CP are going through change so are there for the beating. We need to shake off the poor form we showed at the end of last season and get back to where we were, quickly. Half a dozen game in we will surly know?

Although the result is the only thing that matters at 5pm, we need to find our best eleven. The new signings will need to establish themselves quickly if they want to be part of it. As a team we need to find our form. CP are going through change so are there for the beating. We need to shake off the poor form we showed at the end of last season and get back to where we were, quickly. Half a dozen game in we will surly know?

The result is highly important but I don't entirely agree that it's ALL that matters.. We pay to be entertained and the way we get that result is also important.
We've been bought up on stylish football and that should continue..
There's not many better feelings than winning by playing scintillating football.

OK, I'm gonna step in here...
We really need to agree on the definition of a "Must Win game"

It's a "must win" 'cos it's against Palace, and at home... and 3 points are a must.
NOT 'cos it's Game 2...

If it was Game 38 would it be somehow more MUST WIN because there would be no games left to rectify a poor result....?

As it is, if we win today, we're not bemoaning any dropped points in this one come May...
So where the fixture is in the schedule is kinda irrelevant.

Man Utd/City Chelsea and "You know who" aren't gonna do us any favours when we play them, and NO win is assured...
So the least we can do is amass as MANY points in the other games to at least allow us SOME breathing space when we play the Filthy Rich Throw Money at The Problem Clubs!
Mind you, if Palace really are about to spunk £30m + on Benteke, then you could accuse them of the same 'ethic'!

which kind of ignores the fact that the comment was actually true, and given that its pretty much all the same players, and football is such a confidence driven game, its not such a daft post.
OK, maybe "must win" is not the right term - but I see value in the sentiment.

But congratulations on your attempt at the most obnoxious post of the season so far competition.

Back
Top Bottom