Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think 'lethargic' is the best word to use here.

Walker has looked uncharacteristically bad and Lennon is nowhere to be seen. Generally poor all round really, awful half.

A bit unfair, he works hard and clearly gives a damn. But it is disturbing how anxious he is to take on players. If he can get inside Rosenior, Aarons direct opponent will be McShane. A walking penalty. Why doesn't Aaron take him on all the time?

He just has to play on the wing, I dont get it, the only time he should cut inside is when he is past level with the 18 yard box as you say then its pen time, tucking in near the centre circle is useless, i can see walker even thinkning WTF when he makes his runs

If we're going to play a midfield 2, one of them needs to be a high energy ball winner. Bentaleb seems just purposeless out there. His passing is tidy, but the game is completely passing him by.

Absolutely spot on. We've no grit in the middle, coupled with no desire in the side.

A bit unfair, he works hard and clearly gives a damn. But it is disturbing how anxious he is to take on players. If he can get inside Rosenior, Aarons direct opponent will be McShane. A walking penalty. Why doesn't Aaron take him on all the time?
I hope this doesn't sound harsh but I dont care how hard he works anymore. He has been absolutely terrible going forward and now is clogging up the middle trying to get on the ball. I don't think he's put in one cross, he can't pass, and he's not taking people on. If we want someone that works hard we can go pick up Naismith from Everton, he's still a shit player though.

I see Shane 'not fit to play for Spurs even as a 3rd striker' Long has scored.

does that count as one of those 'curse of the ex-players we never actually signed' goals?

The Tottenham Charity Bandwagon rolls into Town (City) once again...

...when do we get fucking nasty and swat Hull aside? We're playing like it's 'ONLY HULL'... and yet we're not managing to do anything to 'ONLY HULL'...

FFS Spurs, time to give a shit!

Everton & Utd losing (though can't see both of those results lasting) TIME TO TAKE THE FUCK ADVANTAGE OUT OF BOTH THOSE SCORELINES...

When our boys want it the difference is just absolutely obvious. They simply didn't want it in the first half. Simply step up the energy and it's an entirely different game.

Not sure why we're so shitty from kickoff though.

Dawson is a shite captain and average as fuck football player, Lennon is fuckn gash and has went backwards over the course of his extremely average epl career, Walker thinks he's a fuckn playmaker but the dozy cunt can't pass for shit, Sherwood is a weasel faced cunt who's honeymoon period looks about up, he can fuck off, England is SHIT!!

I hope this doesn't sound harsh but I dont care how hard he works anymore. He has been absolutely terrible going forward and now is clogging up the middle trying to get on the ball. I don't think he's put in one cross, he can't pass, and he's not taking people on. If we want someone that works hard we can go pick up Naismith from Everton, he's still a shit player though.

Well unfortunately we're missing both Townsend and Lamela at the moment. I think Lamela would actually be good for this one, as it'd give us a tight four in the midfield and add a bit of unpredictability.

Back
Top Bottom