Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool 31/8/14 1330 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can only imagine that this will probably wind up being something of a shootout (both the game and the thread).

The only place I could see Poch changing much up from the QPR lineup is with the DM's. Might be a little bit more defensively minded and not put in Bentaleb, but we'll see.

Naturally I expect Balotelli to make his goalscoring Liverpool debut!
...a last-minute wonder strike, just after he's decapitated Eriksen or Lamela!

I doubt Poch would go more defensive, he'll probably keep the same idea to attack and win the game.

As its at home yes although depends how pragmatic he is, we looked really
Dangerous on the counter against qpr and west ham towards the end of the match so it would surprise me if we mixed it up a bit considering how good Liverpool are.

Naturally I expect Balotelli to make his goalscoring Liverpool debut!
...a last-minute wonder strike, just after he's decapitated Eriksen or Lamela!
i was expecting lamela and or eriksen to get done by gerrard, who would then get away scot free, of course.
like he did with bale in this clip (2.30).

Knee and elbow into bale's back, if he clips the ball, its a happy accident.

please excuse the piss porr music. but it is a youtube clip.

That's true, I just can't see him playing Sandro and Capoue in midfield but perhaps he'll surprise me. I was thinking he might play Capoue and Dembele.

I reckon Poch will put up the same exact lineup as he set up against QPR.
Albeit against a weak opponent, that lineup was fluent, yet solid.

It probably could've been nice if Sandro were to replace Bentaleb, but I can't see Sandro being brought back from the cold with his minimal game-time. Plus then there's that transfer question.

If anything, the only change I see could be happening is Dembro on for Bentaleb.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if the set-up varies much unless we pick up a knock somewhere midweek. I'm hoping we rotate pretty heavily for Thursday and key players only get a run out if we truly need it.

That being said, i could see Moussa, Sandro or Bentaleb slotting in alongside Capoue if he wanted to switch it up slightly.

I reckon Poch will put up the same exact lineup as he set up against QPR.
Albeit against a weak opponent, that lineup was fluent, yet solid.

It probably could've been nice if Sandro were to replace Bentaleb, but I can't see Sandro being brought back from the cold with his minimal game-time. Plus then there's that transfer question.

If anything, the only change I could be happening is Dembro on for Bentaleb.
Agree with Sandro finding it hard to slot right back in. Assuming he's been training consistently and his exclusion has purely been about him being halfway out the door, then i'd assume we'd have a pretty good idea at kickoff Sunday if he was going to be around or gone. If he's not going anywhere than he should at least be on the bench, imo.

Can't wait for Sunday! I have my baby due to be born on Sep 1st. So it's a win win for me. Either the baby comes next week and I get to the Lane. Or the baby comes early and Spurs are top of the league when he/she is born! COYS!

Back
Top Bottom