Tottenham Hotspur v Man City (2/2/2020)(4.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think I'm in love with Gazza...

0_GettyImages-1203590834.jpg
Vorm was out on the first goal too!

I disagree they're complaining that ENIC haven't pumped in a billion quid of their own money to buy a dozen extra players ... where else is this money supposed to have come from?

ENIC and Levy according to the accounts take almost bugger all out of the club, Levy gets a big salary but in the scheme of things it's about the same as our third choice keeper ... hardly meaningful in a 500m turnover business.

So where do these fans think this money is coming from? do they want oil money? oligarch money? should we want to be the next plastic club?

Every penny ENIC has made in twenty years has gone back into the club, frankly without turning us plastic what more do you want?
I was going to say something like this. I think this is a well-run club. It's got its feet on the ground. Anyone who wants a cash injection from some oligarch is probably an only-child.

I have got to be honest, I’ve played in circumstances where I have been more than happy to leave a foot in or an arm hanging, and I have had many players happy to do the same to me, clearly I am not a pro and my experience has been limited in comparison to some, so maybe the more professional the less likely you will be to be narky, but I am not so sure...Ok you might not want to permanently hurt someone, but getting a good player off the pitch by a bit of naughties I think goes on a lot. Even in this era.
Glad to hear it. A reality check for the cunts at home

I disagree they're complaining that ENIC haven't pumped in a billion quid of their own money to buy a dozen extra players ... where else is this money supposed to have come from?

ENIC and Levy according to the accounts take almost bugger all out of the club, Levy gets a big salary but in the scheme of things it's about the same as our third choice keeper ... hardly meaningful in a 500m turnover business.

So where do these fans think this money is coming from? do they want oil money? oligarch money? should we want to be the next plastic club?

Every penny ENIC has made in twenty years has gone back into the club, frankly without turning us plastic what more do you want?
I prefer our status as is.
A real club.

Xg stats proof positive why most football stats are utter bollocks
Because most of them ignore the fact that the game is played by humans
I watched the first half on polish satellite tv their stats said spurs had 1 shot off target Man C had 5 2 on target, the 2nd half i watched on Sky they said spurs had no shot sin the first half, so are stats rubbish ?

Yet we have dozens of posters on here telling us over and over that ENIC / Levy are cunts for not turning us into a plastic money-laundering shell of a football club, that going about things the right way means they should be kicked out and replaced with a faceless ATM - work that one out?
Well that faceless atm has delivered loads of trophies to the city fans who have watched their team go as low as league two. They also have a great stadium and one of the worlds best managers and are how many points above us yet again?

Meanwhile our faceless tax exile has delivered one trophy in twenty years, charges the fans the most expensive prices in the world and his face of the company recently spoke about keeping an open mind in playing premier league games abroad. Doing an efficient job? Yes , friend of the fans? I'd say no.

Not really hard to work out is it ?

But hey if you want to celebrate winning what you perceive to be the moral high ground go for it. Whatever makes you happy.

Well that faceless atm has delivered loads of trophies to the city fans who have watched their team go as low as league two. They also have a great stadium and one of the worlds best managers and are how many points above us yet again?

Meanwhile our faceless tax exile has delivered one trophy in twenty years, charges the fans the most expensive prices in the world and his face of the company recently spoke about keeping an open mind in playing premier league games abroad. Doing an efficient job? Yes , friend of the fans? I'd say no.

But hey if you want to celebrate winning what you perceive to be the moral high ground go for it. Whatever makes you happy.

Blah, blah, blah ... same shit different day ...

City only look good if you're a glory hunting wanker - you can shove you City millions where the sun don't shine - they're a plastic club and their truly abysmal support yesterday shows you just where entitlement has got them ... City were always the pride of Manchester when it came to having decent fans, now they're just as plastic as their local rivals. To paraphrase Keegan I would hate it, hate it, hate it if we ever sold our sole as they have.

You like that plastic shit? If in your own words it's just loads of trophies that matter then why don't you follow PSG or Ajax almost guaranteed trophies every year. Plastic fans are worse than having no fans at all ......

It's not just about winning it's how you win - if you were a real Spurs fan that message would be ingrained on your heart.

Last edited:

Ok

Blah, blah, blah ... same shit different day ...

City only look good if you're a glory hunting wanker - you can shove you City millions where the sum don't shine - they're a plastic club and their truly abysmal support yesterday shows you just where entitlement has got them ... City were always the pride of Manchester when it came to having decent fans, now they're just as plastic as their local rivals. To paraphrase Keegan I would hate it, hate it, hate it if we ever sold our sole as they have.

You like that plastic shit? If in your own words it's just loads of trophies that matter then why don't you follow PSG or Ajax almost guaranteed trophies every year. Plastic fans are worse than having no fans at all ......

It's not just about winning it's how you win - if you were a real Spurs fan that message would be ingrained on your heart.
Some people seem truly stumped by the win.
Most of us were optimistic before the game but I’m guessing there are a load of posters who had all their posts copied, readied to press paste after the game about how “I told you we need a DM and Striker”.........

We do. We all know that.

But some of us are more aware of the quality in the squad, the significance of the new signings and certain players being offloaded, the endless proven attributes of our manager and the fact that despite we have injuries to key players, we are still a force on our day.

The chapter has just started, and it’s telling in their absence since last night, who the posters are who want to cling to the past and compare a five year reign with a three month, mid season change.

It hasn’t improved they said.

Well 5th might not be better than 4th, but it’s a damn site better than 14th.
A real test v Villa and later v Chelsea......that’s when we learn about how Jose can change our mentality, from that team that could never capitalise on a chance to close the gap above them.

Im confident. There will be ups and downs along the rest of the season, and yesterday wasn’t pretty at times. But a corner was turned last night.

Back under your bridge, troll.

Jose management yesterday was spot on. Subs were excellent too. Can really see a freshness in the squad and much needed turn around in personell. Think Ndombele is a 10. We all thought he would run the midfield but Gio is the one. Graft and legs to go with his quality. A modric replacement if I ever saw one. Winks/sissoko Gio Ndombele is the future. Dele is done

Absolute shite. If you want to be like City, go support them, you plastic prick.

Back
Top Bottom