****Tottenham Hotspur V Man City **** Tuesday 8 o clock in the afternoon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You want us to win ?

• Yes

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Votes: 33 9.1%

• Total voters
Doesn't really make a difference if we win, lose or draw does it? Still the same outcome in the season regardless for us.
I'll say it again.. The result is not the argument, It's about paying money to go and watch your team but cheering for the opposition or not.. Win lose or draw is irrelevant.

Don’t care about anything else other than us. I want us to win but if Man Utd could just do us a massive favour and get a draw or a win then that would just be perfect.
...and yet wanting OTHER teams to do US a favour is 'small minded' according to some.
We get the chance to direct Arsenals destiny... It's in OUR hands... same as it was when we actually played them a fortnight ago, but we fucked that up, so this is surely the next best thing?!
At least we're not relying on anyone ELSE to lose to Man City... (Except West Ham next week!!)

Great post. I find the opposite view bizarre to be fair. If that lose ceased to exit tomorrow I'd be absolutely fucking delighted. Seems like some of our fans wouldnt be as happy though.
Mind you, I would miss the NLD!

I'm pretty sure they did a straw poll of Celtic fans during the time Rangers were demoted, and most of them said that whilst they HATED Rangers, to not get to play them was actually quite a shame... I agree!
Part of football IS the rivalry... Someone has to be 'the enemy" ...
Otherwise, you're just Fulham!

I find it hard to even consider wanting to lose a match and with only 2 matches of the season to go want to watch them. However having been present at the ground in 1971 when the Scum won the league at our place, never want us to be involved in them winning again. Never got over it.
I cannot watch wanting Spurs to lose and if it comes to it which is most likely then I probably will not even watch it. Having said all that I think MC will win easily whatever we want.
I think it takes all the pressure off tbh.
We win/draw, yes there might be implications...
but if we lose, it has much BIGGER ramifications!

I genuinely don't care either way... I doubt I'll celebrate if City score, but I'd wager there will be a strange atmosphere if WE score!

It IS a weird scenario... But I feel ArseAnal have brought it on themselves, by not just fucking off and fading in March/April... But instead persistently push it to the final week of the season!

Stubborn Fuckers!

I'll say it again.. The result is not the argument, It's about paying money to go and watch your team but cheering for the opposition or not.. Win lose or draw is irrelevant.

Would you feel better knowing that your £100 went towards them winning the league which means they can strengthen further meaning that the gap will be more difficult to close and catch up with them?

There's a middle ground between cheering on the ops and being content to lose if it means it's for the greater good.

Would you feel better knowing that your £100 went towards them winning the league which means they can strengthen further meaning that the gap will be more difficult to close and catch up with them?

There's a middle ground between cheering on the ops and being content to lose if it means it's for the greater good.
Am I saying it wrong? the result has nothing to do with why I said there are two sides. I've already said, that if we lose I will not be one bit pissed off and in fact probably laugh, that is the middle ground that I am referring to.
I won't disrespect my club or players by cheering the team they are playing against. If they lose I great and I will be straight on the phone to rub it in to Woolwich fans.

It IS a weird scenario... But I feel VAR have brought it on themselves, by not just officiating with integrity throughout March/April... But instead persistently making questionable decision to support the PL’s narrative of pushing it to the final week of the season!

Stubborn Fuckers!

Corrected for you.

Am I saying it wrong? the result has nothing to do with why I said there are two sides. I've already said, that if we lose I will not be one bit pissed off and in fact probably laugh, that is the middle ground that I am referring to.
I won't disrespect my club or players by cheering the team they are playing against. If they lose I great and I will be straight on the phone to rub it in to Woolwich fans.

Christ, nevermind...🤦‍♂️

I have some questions regarding this:

- Would you agree that if Woolwich won the league this season then they would instantly become a more attractive club for prospective transfers?

- Also, do you think their board would be more or less likely to “trust the process” and offer Arteta more funds for transfers/wages?

- What impact might this have on Spurs’ future trajectory? In particular with trying to sign players that might interest both clubs, for example Toney or Isak?

I think my point is wanting City to win (assuming the Rapists win today) is more nuanced than what you purport it to be.

I am a Spurs fan first and foremost. For me this means I want us to be successful. Being willing to let a direct rival to strengthen further and widen the gap is *not* something I find particularly appealing just for a measly 3pts. City taking all the honours is the ideal situation because they are financially doped so it’s like a default option where nobody wins.
Genuinely good points... It's not JUST about stupidly/naively wanting us to lose... There ARE bigger implications going into next season....

I'd say there ARE such games (Man Utd away in '99) that's it's ok to not mind loseing!

. .
. Think of it as a long term tactical defeat!

Ideally, I'd like us to win our game and the gooners lose theirs, but the opposite will likely happen. City are going to smash us. They're bulldozing their way to the end of the season as usual.

Be interesting to see if this poll changes if woolwich lose today ...

Ideally, I'd like us to win our game and the gooners lose theirs, but the opposite will likely happen. City are going to smash us. They're bulldozing their way to the end of the season as usual.

Be interesting to see if this poll changes if woolwich lose today ...
My thoughts would definitely change if the northern red scum do the decent thing today and turn up against the southern red scum. But might change back if Villa get anything against the scouse red scum.
Under no circumstances do I want us to gift the title to that lot. City winning it is by far the lesser of the two evils.

if Woolwich win Today (hopefully not ) then Villa win Monday we can relax and help City with their inferior goal difference
if United win though and Villa lose it changes everything , then I think we will only lose by seven

From Mania:

If you are suggesting they will lose on Tuesday, which is a good call, the fans will be celebrating it like a trophy. There could be a riot if they took points off City.

My feeble minded perspective is: we are in EL rather than CL. That I'll celebrate.
The pain of them not winning will be an exclexiar to me. Us winning this 1 game won't change our direction. If the game costs the Scum a title, I'll take that every day of the week.
If scum win today, I'll celebrate a last minute OG from Cutti to snatch the Title out of their grubby little hands. I'll feed off of it.

Gunter
Kyerematen
King
Cassanova
Dorrington
Abbott
John
Hall
Lankshear
Donley
Santiago
lineup code
[lineup]
Gunter
Kyerematen King Cassanova Dorrington
Abbott John Hall Lankshear
Donley Santiago
[/lineup]

Would be great just to see their cult fans’ meltdown on Twitter.
Completely disagree…

Makes much more sense to have Lankshear up top with Santiago on the wing!!

Totally get not wanting Woolwich to finish first, but wouldn’t it mean something to be the ones to cause city to not win the PL for the 4th or whatever time in a row?

Totally get not wanting Woolwich to finish first, but wouldn’t it mean something to be the ones to cause city to not win the PL for the 4th or whatever time in a row?

Not if it means handing the scum the league. They were bad enough when they won it at WHL. There’ll be more chants and piss taking if we help them win it this season.

I think I’d rather die.

Back
Top Bottom