****Tottenham Hotspur V Man City **** Tuesday 8 o clock in the afternoon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You want us to win ?

• Yes

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Votes: 33 9.1%

• Total voters
double post

So have a gif of a cat

Cat Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

A bit of history.
Back in 2010, Inter and Roma were fighting for the Scudetto (the League title) in Italy. Matchday 36, Lazio, who were threatened by relegation at that point and a win would secure staying in Serie A, were playing Inter at home.
In an online poll (that I sadly can't find anymore) around 90% of Lazio fans voted to lose and risk getting relegated (bear in mind that relegation to Serie B in those years would normally mean that the clubs would be fighting to not get into administration) rather than win and help Roma win the Scudetto.
Fast forward to the match, and Lazio lose to Inter 2-0. Although a "brotherhood derby" since Inter and Lazio fans had a good relationship at the time (things have soured a bit since Inzaghi moved from Lazio to Inter), it's one of the only cases in Italy where the home crowd was actively cheering against their own team and actually celebrated when Inter scored their first goal (bringing out one of the most famous signs as well, saying "Oh Nooooo" when Inter scored).

View: https://youtu.be/LZED0-Eelg0?si=D_Qf9l7HDiVG4ckq

Rivalries are part of football. Whoever doesn't understand Spurs fans wanting City to win on tuesday, doesn't understand football.

Rivalries are part of football. Whoever doesn't understand Spurs fans wanting City to win on tuesday, doesn't understand football.

Of course. But rivalries are settled on the pitch.

If we beat or draw with City, that is not us helping Woolwich to the title - they will win the title because they have been the best team over the season.

Our target is to be better than them (as we were for many seasons). Not to try and tear them down.

Personally, I'd prefer Woolwich to win it over City. City's domination through cheating the rules needs to stop.

I've sold my ticket, but will watch on TV. I honestly won't be able to bring myself to cheer for City goals, and if I were in the stadium I wouldn't be doing any Poznan shite.

Let's face it, we all want City to win the league but only because of who they're up against. I fucking hate City and everything thier rotten plastic club stands for. Cheering them on enthusiastically is a step too far.

I do want Spurs to play well, and I'm not worried about the Goons benefiting from that because I'm sure City are going to steamroller us no matter who we put out there. Their record at new WHL is terrible, but we've never faced them there during the Winning Machine phase they go into at the end of the season. So if we can play well, show some promising signs for next season and Scarlett can show us why he should start on Sunday that's fine.

I understand why we must lose and why we want to lose, I get it. I'm there, I fucking hate the goons. They must not win the title. I want them to get so close for a second year ina row and be so fucking crushed by losing out again they go into a tailspin next season. I want to see a closeup of Arteta crying again. I'm here for it. But cheering on City? Too far.

Boring I know. I just can't enthusiastically join in the celebrations.

Also, if the Goons do make a fuss about match fixing I can see the Premier League doing something about it. They don't want their little princesses upset that they didn't get their pony, I just know it.

They are likely to beat us anyway , but to disguise it so it looks like we deliberately fucked them I suggest the following .

10 Minute video montage they usually play before the game is accompanied by Oasis classics rather than the normal soundtrack. Paul Coyte interviews Andy Burnham pre match

If Arse win the league – good for them. They have played well this season. They took a gamble on an unproven coach and gave him time to build his squad; and accepted poor performances in the process.

I am all up for rivalries, but at the end of it, you shake the hand of the winner.
If you mean by shake the hand of the winner, smashing them in the face repeatedly with a Sharpe axe ,then pissing in the hole it makes,then yeah. I agree...

As others have said. I want us to lose so fucking badly that Woolwich make an official complaint accusing us of match fixing.

That would be absolute fucking gold.

Anyone who is happy seeing Woolwich win the league isn’t a Spurs fan.

What could they actually do, force us to have 3 points lol
I'm more concerned about the number of points they'd deduct next season.

Doesn't matter because I don't believe for a second Ange will do anything to obviously throw the match anyway. And it's not going to matter because City are going to smack us around anyway.

I'm more concerned about the number of points they'd deduct next season.

Doesn't matter because I don't believe for a second Ange will do anything to obviously throw the match anyway. And it's not going to matter because City are going to smack us around anyway.
Impossible to prove that we lost intentionally.

This is a team that lost 4-0 to an injury ravaged Newcastle. Logic would suggest that we can lose at least 10-0 to one do the best teams in t he world and no one should bat an eyelid.

But in all seriousness. Highly unlikely we’d get done for it as it’s impossible to prove. The players won’t be up for it at all and it’ll show.

Ange has already come out saying we'll be trying our hardest and we want to win the last two games.

If we actually turned up in this it would just be typical and make me more angry about the lack of fight shown against Woolwich, Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle.

Of course I don't want Woolwich to win the league.....but the time for us to make an impact on the title race was when we played Woolwich at home - we had every chance to fuck up their title chance and we just put in another limp lacklustre display.

I don't want Woolwich to win, but it's sad that the only way we can make it happen is by rolling over for City, rather than when we should have been up for a fight when we played the Goons at home.

Some players need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror at the end of the season.

If Arse win the league – good for them. They have played well this season. They took a gamble on an unproven coach and gave him time to build his squad; and accepted poor performances in the process.

I am all up for rivalries, but at the end of it, you shake the hand of the winner.

I agree if they win it's deserved but not by any help from us.

Let West Ham stop the juggeernaut.

Postecoglou will be under pressure but he will be mental if he sends out a full strength side.

Back
Top Bottom