****Tottenham Hotspur V Man City **** Tuesday 8 o clock in the afternoon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You want us to win ?

• Yes

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Votes: 33 9.1%

• Total voters
Well, I've already got my lucky underwear on, ready for the BIG GAME tomorrow...
shopping

I want to lose on some flukey nonsense or even a super dodgy penalty.

The type of loss that would drive me nuts most of the season would be great here. Gooners would go crazy and I’d still feel pretty good about the effort.

I don’t know if I’ve ever been so utter conflicted about something in all my time as a Spurs fan.

I can absolutely see both sides of the argument here and I agree with almost every point made by both sides…

It’s such a messed up situation that only Tottenham Hotspur could find themselves in. :ange-hands-head:
See my response to Mrs P or wiki

“ Double Bind “.

We’re being presented by the mother of them .

It’s how we cope that counts .

This isn’t easy.

Threads doing my 'ed in.

We'll have EL and it will suit us down to the ground.

Perfect for where we are.

We don't even deserve it - we've been shit for most the season.

Weighing everything up, there is much more value in stopping those cunts winning a title and taking the more fitting lane for us in Europe.

Instead of wilfully shooting them into the stratosphere where we can no longer see them.

It's actually illogical.

If anyone thinks those greasy rats would be willing their team to do the same for us, they are on another planet.

They despise us.

We've already let them win the fucking thing at our gaff already FFS!!

No more!!!!!!
i agree with u .but i think most would just hate to hear tottham gave them the title ( which is so dumb it self) i mean a jornalist really ask agne do the players want to lose that game ( just show stand of jornalist these days)

best is we beat them 2morro .Woolwich players and fans celebrate cuz they think they won the league
only 4 everton to trash them or score in the 95min the wining goal

and i hope that in the future we dont have to think about other teams and
more other teams have to think about us

What, to your little shrine to those puny cunts down the road? Never. You can worship them on your own, loser.

B0yhxQm.png
Why would it be me who has a shrine to those tramps, when I'm the one not wanting to hand them to title, unlike YOU.

And the only L happening here is that janky resize job you've done on that thumbnail.

What a fucking plum.

#Zoom100000% :mourloopy:

Ending the season on a high note, beating one of the best teams in Europe and possibly stopping them from 4 in a row seems like a good deal for me. Sure I hate Woolwich. But it's not like City are the damn good guys here.
I know you're spurs mate and you may indeed hate Woolwich, but if there was a gooner infesting this forum this is exactly the sort of thing he would post.

Just think about that for a moment

Why is that on us?

If they win the league, it's simply because Man City couldn't score a single goal against them in 180 minutes this season.
That just doesn't fit the media's agenda - it's always got to be our fault, whatever the issue.

Yes I know I'm sounding paranoid, but this has been building up for months now.

This. But from my brief experience lurking on this forum, that seems extremely unlikely.

Being a glass half full kind of guy, I think I can see the positive in us winning and the positive in us losing. Which I understand means that *everyone* now thinks I can't be a real Spurs fan.

Let's definitely not draw though.
Are you Daniel Levy?

I think it's okay and pretty normal for there to be disconnect between fans and the players/coaches on this situation to be honest. The players and the manager should 100% be looking to go out there, play their hardest to win since anything less would instill a terrible mentality in the team.

From a fan perspective, I think there's nothing particularly wrong with not being disappointed with a City win. We're not even guaranteed the Champions League if we do win and Woolwich winning the league is infinitely worse than us missing CL football for one season.

I'd love for us to actually be the better team on the night, or at least go toe to toe with them for 90 minutes and really show promise and the sparks for how good we can be going forward. Seeing the likes of Scarlett and Moore and the both of them impressing but ultimately losing on the night.
I think we'll APPEAR to go for it, and may even go a goal up... Just to give the Gooners hope, and then know what it's like to be a Spurs fan when we capitulate in the 2nd half.... THEN they can IMMEDIATELY go back to hating us again, for RUINING THEIR ONLINE BANTER AND MEMEMES!

good. I prefer it that way... This all just feels weird!

Can't wait until we take the lead. Total meltdown
I honestly think we will (just like we did at OT in '99... Just to show good willing I reckon!

Ending the season on a high note, beating one of the best teams in Europe and possibly stopping them from 4 in a row seems like a good deal for me. Sure I hate Woolwich. But it's not like City are the damn good guys here.
No one said they WERE the good guys... They're abhorrent... But the thing is EVERYONE in Football recognises that...
Problem for us is, The Arse are the media darlings, and WE'RE the only stubborn lot that DON'T want them to win the title. It's like Leicster all over again... goin the 'wrong way down a one way street!

I'd take City's purchased 4th title in a row any day... Cos we can all see it for what it is.

But Woolwich are no angels... They shouldn't even BE in the top division, let alone never getting relegated once they'd bought their way in!

I assume you were alive for Lasagne... and Sol Campbell... and the fucking InvinciblesUnbearables?

They are an odious stain on OUR history... They just never fucking go away... and even tomorrow, their smug gloating shadow will he hanging over the result at WHL.

YES, City are a cancer on football... But Woolwich have been more detrimental to Spurs than City EVER have!

I'd rather WE were in the titie mix... But we're not, so we have to accept that the winner will come from one of Man City & Woolwich... And I know which one I'd prefer!

But it's still a bit like choosing between Gary Glitter and Jimmy Saville as to who gets to fuck your kid!

Last edited:
That just doesn't fit the media's agenda - it's always got to be our fault, whatever the issue.

Yes I know I'm sounding paranoid, but this has been building up for months now.
And if we win tomorrow the media will go into overdrive about how we handed them the title if they go on to win it.

We won't stop hearing about it for years, the scum will progress as a club and widen the gap for years etc.

I don't think people quite understand the repercussions of that lot winning the league and us being the team who hands it to them on a plate.

I know I have repeated this 100 times today but I cannot fathom why anybody would want us to win this game.

Shame Ange doesn't think that way, since he doesn't care what the supporters think and isn't fussed (his words btw.)

I think in a few instances he chose his words poorly today; but his job is to win football games and he's got a bunch of pampered millionaires to mentally condition for the long haul.......

..........Anyone else notice how ETH wasn't bombarded with similar rhetoric yesterday evening?

Back
Top Bottom