****Tottenham Hotspur V Man City **** Tuesday 8 o clock in the afternoon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You want us to win ?

• Yes

Votes: 91 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 216 59.3%
  • Don’t care

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Votes: 33 9.1%

• Total voters
And if we win tomorrow the media will go into overdrive about how we handed them the title if they go on to win it.

We won't stop hearing about it for years, the scum will progress as a club and widen the gap for years etc.

I don't think people quite understand the repercussions of that lot winning the league and us being the team who hands it to them on a plate.

I know I have repeated this 100 times today but I cannot fathom why anybody would want us to win this game.
They don't at all, they're thick.

I think in a few instances he chose his words poorly today; but his job is to win football games and he's got a bunch of pampered millionaires to mentally condition for the long haul.......

..........Anyone else notice how ETH wasn't bombarded with similar rhetoric yesterday evening?

I think him calling out the loser mentality that surrounds the club was pretty much spot on though tbf.

But it's still a bit like choosing between Gary Glitter and Jimmy Saville as to who gets to fuck your kid!
shocked whitney houston GIF

I think him calling out the loser mentality that surrounds the club was pretty much spot on though tbf.

I don't have a problem with his broader message..... But that "counseling" comment was a bit shit for starters and he could have just brushed back the fan stuff and put all the focus back on him, the players and the club instead.

It was only that twat Moose that instigated it.... Not like he was subject to some hardcore journalistic interrogation.

Last edited:
I think in a few instances he chose his words poorly today; but his job is to win football games and he's got a bunch of pampered millionaires to mentally condition for the long haul.......

..........Anyone else notice how ETH wasn't bombarded with similar rhetoric yesterday evening?
I do agree and I understand he is just doing his job honestly mate. I am not expecting him to be unprofessional and come out and say "since our fans don't want Woolwich to win the league, I am just going to play the kids."

My problem is the way he arrogantly handled the presser today, he came across as extremely unlikeable and very cocksure about what the supporters want from tomorrow, he was also quite ignorant and hypocritical on a number of occasions as well.

I just think part of managing a club is at least respecting the history of it and even if he doesn't value rivalries apparently (even though he said he hated his clubs rivals to his core when he was a supporter in the same breath?) he should understand those nomad twats are a pretty significant part of our history as well.

The other part of this as well is, would he be saying the same thing if he was manager of Liverpool and Everton were about to win the league in the same situation?

See how little he cares for rivalries then.

I just didn't like the way he handled things today at all, has really put me off him and I was already feeling pretty sceptical of him anyway due to how this season has panned out tbh.

I don't have a problem with his broader message..... But that "counseling" comment was a bit shit for starters and he could have just brushed back the fan stuff and put all the focus on him, the players and the club.

It was only that twat Moose that instigated it.... Not like he was subject to some hardcore journalistic interrogation.
He said some things I agreed with in the presser but like you say, fan stuff and counselling comment was just incredibly ignorant and arrogant imo.

I don't have a problem with his broader message..... But that "counseling" comment was a bit shit for starters and he could have just brushed back the fan stuff and put all the focus back on him, the players and the club instead.

But do you think him calling out the loser mentality surrounding the club was spot on?
Yes or No

That was the perfectly reasonable question Starks asked you

If you support this club, it's your duty to bone up on our fiercest rivalry and what it means.

It's actually part of our DNA (Baldcunt).

Or just go support someone else.
And that goes for Ange as well.

Respect this; respect what this means to the fans, or fuck off.

He did too much in the presser and just had to say we'd approach the game like any other and try to win.

Done, dusted.

Just repeat that and the press are satisfied.

Then we lose, like we should.

He's doing too much.

I respect all opinions on here (almost) but I’m struggling with the “win at all costs even if it makes you a laughing stock.”
Will be happy enough if we don’t get humiliated & lose in an entertaining game. But the thought of taking points from Citeh and handing the impetus to Arteta and his merry band of sex offenders going into the last day?
It’s a no from me.
We ain’t ready for champions league.
Chumpions league and Thursday nights will unfortunately have to do next year.
Them winning the title because we took points from the only other team that can halt this abomination?
100% no.
Tell that to our manager.

Back
Top Bottom