Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

feels like a missed opportunity that half-they were all over the shop at the back and we looked dangerous till the final pass and crossing and set pieces have been crap!
Other than that great to be level, big second half needed and we are fresher and up for it!

VAR is a fucking travesty

Excellent half, unlucky not score. The ref got plaudits for advantage but he actually fucked up by going to blow and Kane switched off for a moment.

Players have got to adjust to the new handball law or it'll cost us.

We’ve been excellent to a man.

My only gripe would be I’d like to see more down our right. Biggest mismatch on the pitch is Son v Delph so let’s take advantage.

Impressed with how well we have played but we can’t expect city to let us have this sort of control all game. We need to be more clinical and move the ball quicker when it comes to that final pass.

Very shocked Kane didn’t put that chance away when he swivelled and got his shot off, that is usually him all over.

I think this is their game plan, let us have all of the ball, hope they get a goal on the break.

Pep isn’t stupid, he knows this stadium is a huge advantage and he is confident enough that they can beat us at their place.

We need a few goals here imo and the main thing is stopping them scoring so we at least have the possibility of an away goal carrying us through.

[QUOTE="B-0-Sspurs, post: 1811222, member:

But can someone remove Eriksen from free kicks! Ref needs to get a grip with the city challenges as well,
[/QUOTE]

Pathetic shell of his former free kicking self. Don’t understand it.

Even though Hugo saved the pen (good save tbf to him), I’m fuming at that decision.

VAR is fucked. I bet city fans didn’t even think that was a pen in real time. It’s only when it’s played back in slow mo it’s “debatable”. Even bt pundits are saying it’s not a pen. VAR forces the ref to make a decision. A decision he didn’t agree with initially. This Peter Walton is a fucking dickhead who should be locked up for being an absolute cunt.

All things considered... even game, COYS.

Sissoko has been brilliant
Looked a def penalty , he blocked the shot with his arm.
Fernandinho should get a red with VAR. What good is the VAR if they dont pick on all the big decisions.

Laporte should be our target, one more tackle and he's off. Maybe Pep will sub him, hopefully not.

The thing is, some ref will call that handball, some not. I think if we got that pen, no-one would argue it isn't. Hard to call really. Need to revise rules.

Back
Top Bottom