Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After our dreadful spell of results, the win yesterday will be a big boost. MC are better than us but I think we will win 1 of the 3 matches and this one is the home one. Unless Dier or Aurier come back in the team expect winks will play but most of yesterday's team will also play. Perhaps Davies dropping out.

Last season at Wembley , when it went 0-2, I thought City were going to spank us, but they went a bit wobbly at 1-2 and if we had have got a goal we would have probably got a draw, at the least. But, they played a lot better than us.

This season, I thought it was pretty even and we deserved a point. To be honest I thought D Silva played brilliantly and it was a privilege to see him play like that.

We can beat City at home. Then they will freak out and we can beat them away. We can get through to the semi finals. We can beat Juventus or Ajax in the semis. Then, it is the final and who knows.

Anyway, what a fantastic thing to be in the QF of the champions league.

I really hope that the people on this site who are struggling to get tickets get them. Hopefully tickets will become available on the ticket exchange.

COYS

I think finishing top 4 may be more important this time around. That way we can better attract new players to sign on. Providing, of course, that Levy will actually try to sign them.

ss.png

I am going to get a small banner made up to support Danny Rose and anti racism for the City game.
It will just say:

❤DANNY ROSE ❤

Some questions:
I am in the 3rd row of the Paxton - does anyone know if there is any place for banners there, or will I have to hold it ?
If rows 1 and 2 are empty could I place it on them ?

I would massively appreciate it if anyone could give me any advice.

Also, I am in block 113, row 3, seat 384. This is just an idea, but if anyone wants to hold the banner up with me for a bit before the game and at half time - that would be great. Maybe we could hold it up in the front 2 rows if they are empty.

I know not everyone will agree with what I am doing and that is fine, but it is important to me.

COYS

I don't fear them.

I don't see the disparity in quality that others seem to.

Yes they have a deeper squad and that will show over 38 games. However, this isn't 38 games, it's 3 games in a week and a half and we are pretty well rested coming into the stretch and late season is our time under Poch.

We should be looking, and expecting, to win all three of these matches. No excuses. Performances and results against this lot have been shameful in recent years. That ends here. Now.

3 victories. Nothing less.

We need to go for this, to give us a chance for the away leg. I would love to get through to the semi, that would be some achievement, considering all the obstacles we have had to deal with this season.

I don't fear them.

I don't see the disparity in quality that others seem to.

Yes they have a deeper squad and that will show over 38 games. However, this isn't 38 games, it's 3 games in a week and a half and we are pretty well rested coming into the stretch and late season is our time under Poch.

We should be looking, and expecting, to win all three of these matches. No excuses. Performances and results against this lot have been shameful in recent years. That ends here. Now.

3 victories. Nothing less.

When you say you don’t see the difference in quality between the two starting 11s......

StevieWonder.jpg

As the days go by I am getting more and more confident we can get a positive result on Tuesday-Poch needs to get the tactics right and treat it as a home game against anyone else, start fast score first.
Winks being back and getting some mins in is this week vitally important for me, he starts and we have no other real injury concerns we have a great chance to upset the applecart.
The weekend off to focus while they play later at Wembley and being at our proper home under the lights-fucking anything can happen.

[FORMATION=433,Lloris,Aurier,TA,JV,Rose,Sissoko,Winks,Eriksen,Son,Kane,Alli][/FORMATION]

I'd quite like to see Alli pushed further forward and Eriksen in the midfield three. If Kane drops deeper to pick up the ball as he likes to then Son & Alli could play a bit narrower. Seems as though both MP & Southgate prefer Alli as part of a midfield 3 these days.

Loving all the positivity that people are coming out with......

To me the most important thing on Tuesday is keeping a clean sheet - we can't win the tie on Tuesday but we can pretty much lose it.

We can do our chances no end of good if we keep a clean sheet...... 0-0 would do me fine, it keeps us in the tie, puts the emphasis on them to score in the second leg and I can see us nicking one at theirs.

If we can win AND keep a clean sheet then that's even better (obviously)

Back
Top Bottom