Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got home. Glorious night. Atmosphere in the south stand was superb all game. Sorry, but if you want to sit I suggest you move elsewhere as it's only gonna get more intense as time goes by.

Solid, disciplined performances from all the lads. Even if we don't get through, we've given a good account of ourselves and maintained this home record.

Only downers were that ridiculous handball decision and Kane's injury. But buzzing - gonna be hard to switch off and sleep!

Absolutely brilliant night. One of the most composed and mature performances I've ever seen from a Spurs side, and while I felt we actually could have put a few more past them if we really went for it, keeping a clean sheet was absolutely VITAL. They're in real trouble now and Guardiola knows it, because we will have chances at their place as well.

Couple of side notes:
- Absolutely gutted beyond words for H, and you could tell it took a lot a lot of the gloss off the win for Poch. One has to wonder how many times he can suffer the same big injury before it really starts to effect his game.

- I thought Winks was the best midfielder on the pitch tonight. This kid is the real deal, and with a couple of top signings to compliment him in the Summer he could become even better.

-Tonight should without a shadow of a doubt take Danny Rose out of the shop window this Summer. I've had my doubts about his character but it's just unquestionable how good a footballer the guy is. We will not get a left back that comes anywhere near him if we try and replace him. Seeing Walker shit his pants every time he ran at him was fucking glorious.

Overall a neigh on perfect performance. Nice game against Huddersfield to come, then bring on the second leg.

Just thinking aboutan earlier post bigging up Danny, Moussa, Hugo, Winks, Trips...

Easy to forget Dele's and Eriksen's contribution, the latter especially the later we came into the game. His dead ball stuff was poor but he was was always moving us forward (him and Dele), we fucking bossed the mdfield tonight

Genuinely one of my best home nights in all my 34 years. You have to bear in mind that I loathe City, I did anyway cause of their fans and since they got the money even more so. You can buy a huge squad of players, you can buy a stadium, you might even be able to buy the Champions League (I still make them favourites) but what you cannot buy is class. And that is what we were as supporters tonight. And also as a club- doing things the right way. Barely heard the oil rich cunts all night and I am in the North Stand.

YIDS YIDS YIDS YIDS YIDS.

On a side note I hate this VAR, football was stressful enough before that!

Genuinely one of my best home nights in all my 34 years. You have to bear in mind that I loathe City, I did anyway cause of their fans and since they got the money even more so. You can buy a huge squad of players, you can buy a stadium, you might even be able to buy the Champions League (I still make them favourites) but what you cannot buy is class. And that is what we were as supporters tonight. And also as a club- doing things the right way. Barely heard the oil rich cunts all night and I am in the North Stand.

YIDS YIDS YIDS YIDS YIDS.

On a side note I hate this VAR, football was stressful enough before that!
Spot on on all points. Their support was shocking.

Var is a fucking joke. Get some fucking footballers on the panel. But the concept of someone or a panel telling the ref he has maybe fucked a decision basically sways him straight away. They are the ones that should decide but should be made up of ex players

Last edited:
What a fucking night everything just amazing and plenty of noise in the Paxton loved everything one of those nights that will live long in the memory
One thing to ask give Toby a new frigging cintract

D3vd7RGXkAAbJIB

Back
Top Bottom