Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Understood, but it does make it undeniably sweeter. Especially when you factor in that Man C were preparing (ie buying players on his say-so) for at least 2 or 3 years before Pep actually arrived the gap is probably even bigger in reality. It's good that despite enormous advantages, behemoths can still lose in the biggest competitions.

Okay but losing a battle is not as yet a lost war.

I agree with the point you make but winning and losing is not qualified by expenditure.

It's whoever lines up in the semi-final that will gain the plaudits.

And yes if it's us by all means join me in shouting from the rooftops at the oil guzzling sh!ts.

I can't stand this Cheeseman fella (ex-BBC), real City propaganda funded channel. Imagine being stuck with him in a lift, what a boring cunt. Had the pleasure of meeting his acquaintance a couple of months ago, where he actually had the temerity of defending City and their cheating regime, twat.

Anyway, bar a couple of City fans they have arrogance oozing out of every pore.....

Anyone hear more about the wally who got on the pitch near the end and confronted Delph (not sure if that was deliberate or just who was nearest).
I was watching him jog on and was amazed that no one stopped him sooner.

English football fans are quite funny. So many would rather win a 2nd rate domestic cup that pays a proxy £1M, not even covering likely wage/bonus increases created by participation, than compete in the Europa that will pay £25M+ and offer a direct path to the CL as reward for winning.

:pochrolleyes:

I agree.

Unless we finish outside the Top 4, then it's "fucking stupid Thursday Night Cup offering trips to Azerbaijan and Outer Mongolia!".

:pochsmirk:

starsport10.jpg

I can't stand this Cheeseman fella (ex-BBC), real City propaganda funded channel. Imagine being stuck with him in a lift, what a boring cunt. Had the pleasure of meeting his acquaintance a couple of months ago, where he actually had the temerity of defending City and their cheating regime, twat.

Anyway, bar a couple of City fans they have arrogance oozing out of every pore.....

I got three minutes in, when he started droning on about Tower Bridge and realised I was fast losing the will to live.

He's like a black hole of interest

Okay but losing a battle is not as yet a lost war.

I agree with the point you make but winning and losing is not qualified by expenditure.

It's whoever lines up in the semi-final that will gain the plaudits.

And yes if it's us by all means join me in shouting from the rooftops at the oil guzzling sh!ts.

I completely get that you're managing your expectations. I'm always a pessimist (realist) too.

On the other hand though, you've just moved into a shiny new stadium which is the envy of the football world, you're pretty certain to make top 4 and you're 1-0 up at half-time in the Qf's of the CL, having just beaten the favourites. I would venture that you can allow yourself a small sherry or something. :)

Anyone hear more about the wally who got on the pitch near the end and confronted Delph (not sure if that was deliberate or just who was nearest).
I was watching him jog on and was amazed that no one stopped him sooner.
The steward that sprinted the width of the pitch, after the invader had been taken down the tunnel, was fucking hilarious. What the fuck was HE doing?!:eriksenlol:

I completely get that you're managing your expectations. I'm always a pessimist (realist) too.

On the other hand though, you've just moved into a shiny new stadium which is the envy of the football world, you're pretty certain to make top 4 and you're 1-0 up at half-time in the Qf's of the CL, having just beaten the favourites. I would venture that you can allow yourself a small sherry or something. :)
No drink last night. Job half done. I might have a cheeky if United lose tonight and definitely if we beat Huddersfield (a couple more) and City nect week (a lot)

No drink last night. Job half done. I might have a cheeky if United lose tonight and definitely if we beat Huddersfield (a couple more) and City nect week (a lot)

If you don't beat Huddersfield you may as well reach for the bleach. They really are dreadful.

But here's hoping that this time next week you're still in an alcohol induced coma. In a good way!

4-6-0 next week.

I think we will smother the midfield and start with Moura and Son and break from the middle.

Winks and Sissoko will patrol the back 4, Alli and Eriksem in front of them and Son and Moura told to take it in turns to break the line.

One thing we definitely lose with Kane out is someone to hold the ball.

We need to score and will because City are likely to go full pelt.

Where are all the doom mongers now? Fucking nowhere to be seen - fucking shitcunts.

If City scored the (harshly awarded) penalty and we went on to lose or even draw, so many melts would post about the team being weak minded bottle jobs, the manager was out thought by Pep, Levy’s a wanker etc etc. Luckily Hugo went the right way and all is well.
Pisses me off. There are enough people willing to slag us off, just wish our own fans wouldnt join them when shit happens.

It was such a bipolar evening. we had 2 big screens, one with Spurs on it and the other with news and the election results coming in.
Kane was injured and we started thinking it was fucking over, we we're looking stretched. Winks and Sissoko were fighting like it's Dday.
Suddenly Son scored and we erupted but on the other screen as results were pouring in it was clear that the anti-democratic coalition had a majority. we just stood there 9 spurs supporters still embraced but really wary.
The final whistle saw a huge exclaim of joy but we quickly each fucked off back home.

It was like living in 2 bodies at the same time, one was at the Lane bouncing the other was here.

Onward and upwards.

I have been lurking in this forum for years, never bothering to register and post, until I saw your message. That is exactly what happened to me last night, having my hart broken seeing what a coalition of hateful religious fanatics has won our elections, looking at my toddlers sleeping in their beds and thinking hard about what sort of country will they grow up in....but then this magical game happened, and Son scored, and the world was not so bad anymore, if only for a little while. Thank you, Spurs, thank you football!

Sorry - amazing result, guaranteed win at City now and we have to be favourite for the tournament.

Poch is magic, best Spurs manager since Nicholson ( possibly better) the future is ours. Repeat repeat.

It’s funny how we get a a great result and some peoples first thought is me.

I think everyone’s first thought of you is that you are a moaning wanker (pretending to be a Spurs fan) that loves to post on here when we lose, but not so expressive when we win. Why is that I wonder?? I think you could be a West Ham fan. ...would explain ie bitter and little to enjoy about your own club and so get your kicks here.

I think everyone’s first thought of you is that you are a moaning wanker (pretending to be a Spurs fan) that loves to post on here when we lose, but not so expressive when we win. Why is that I wonder?? I think you could be a West Ham fan. ...would explain ie bitter and little to enjoy about your own club and so get your kicks here.

Oh Jesus you lot are like drones aren’t you? Repeat stock sentences and phrases.

Tell me why do I not post on here when we win? How does a win invalidate my position I have on our coach and strategy? I dare one of you to answer that - can one of you actually step up to the mark for once.

Back
Top Bottom