Tottenham Hotspur v Man City [UCL QF] - Tuesday, April 9th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Most solid we have been all season . 4-2-31, round pegs I round holes, best centre half pairing, back to basics. Poch was spot on, go direct scrap on the second ball, we have needed to do that in past games. Llorente could be massive in the away leg. Play up to him runners off and set pieces. Too much respect is given to shitty, back four is dogshit

"Rose's arm was outside his body"
I'm not saying I agree with the decision to give a penalty, or that I think it's a good rule, just that I've seen this to be the rule now, quoted by multiple respectable sources on the specific case today.

That is not the rule - that is an interpretation. I gave you the rule already. Baffling how they came up with this interpretation which is very much against the letter of the law on all fronts.

And Mark Clattenburg is apparently still clueless. Here’s an important detail UEFA mentioned when explaining the ridicolous “away from body”-interpretation after the United-PSG game:

Following the on-field review, the referee confirmed that the distance that the ball travelled was not short and the impact could therefore not be unexpected

Now look at the distance between Sterling and Rose: VERY short distance, and therefore in UEFA’s own words NOT a penalty.

Just seen the handball shout in the Liverpool game. The two situations are identical, yet one gets given and the other no. From my wine-warped perspective, neither is a pen, the players' arms were in normal posititions, the ball hitting them from inches away was unavoidable in the microsecond of action....

But fuck me, have some overview. How would it be if we went out and Liverpool through, or vice-versa, on such a marginal call?

One thing is certain, the actual law about DELIBERATE hand ball is completely out of the window

Wanyama was so slow, but he did his job in thoose ten minutes. Took the ball of Sterling and Sane. Shame what injuries have done to him.

he cannot run. you can see he can't get about properly any more. but he didn't look lost, he seems to have adapted his game, no doubt with help from the coaches, passing the ball, good positioning, getting the tackles in before the player gets away, he did really well for those ten minutes.

Gutted for him though because before his big injury he had everything.

Did the TDITD cards work out, btw? I didn't see a shot of them during the game...

D3u6EoZWAAU5muZ

My theory is that Liverpool are being given everything so when the time comes they can justify their place in a European super league it is scandalous they can even get away with it with var

"Rose's arm was outside his body"
I'm not saying I agree with the decision to give a penalty, or that I think it's a good rule, just that I've seen this to be the rule now, quoted by multiple respectable sources on the specific case today.

It was but the crazy thing is that actually it would have been in the way even if he had it against his side. The rule is nuts.

I've had my doubts but fair play, didnt put a foot wrong today. Even Trippier was suprisingly good. Every single one of them was perfect. We will need the same again 2nd leg.
I see, but there was also fans saying that he was never gonna be good enough to become a regular starter for us, you are probably not one of them? He has got massive potential and will only improve.

Back
Top Bottom