Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United (19th Aug - 5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rashford has always been a problem for us. With Mount in the team maybe Rashford plays right up top, that might actually be easier than him coming off the wing.

Well hopefully we won’t allow him a free run on goal this time as Dier won’t be playing

If Romero is fine, I’m expecting the same starting line up except maybe Sarr for Skipp.

Whenever we had possession yesterday, the entire 11 opposing players were behind the ball in a compact defensive unit, making it difficult for our attackers to find a way through.

United will not be as defensively compact as brentford, so I think out attackers will have a bit more freedom but our midfield will be working overtime .

Out of our first two games, I looked at yesterdays game as the tougher of the two and we did ok there. Another game playing the new system under our belts, therefore I fancy a nice confidence boosting win.

If Richie does not play then there is no point putting crosses into the box as there will be no one tall enough to get them. That is why we need to buy and from what Ange is saying we have known for weeks Kane was going and a bid should have gone in today and he should be here for this match. That is what should happen but I have no confidence it will and as many ex football writers are saying we will struggle to score. So in the absence of a new player we have to play Richie and hope he starts scoring and keeps his shirt on.

If Richie does not play then there is no point putting crosses into the box as there will be no one tall enough to get them. That is why we need to buy and from what Ange is saying we have known for weeks Kane was going and a bid should have gone in today and he should be here for this match. That is what should happen but I have no confidence it will and as many ex football writers are saying we will struggle to score. So in the absence of a new player we have to play Richie and hope he starts scoring and keeps his shirt on.
...but didn't Romero score from a cross yesterday?

It'll be interesting to see how Man United play with Onana, their back 4 will be playing higher than last year. Their game against Wolves today might be telling

Will see what our visitors have in them tonight.

I am expecting a much more balanced and aggressive United this season. Ten Hag is a very astute manager and they have a talented squad, with more signings to come, I have no doubt.

Not sure what kind of test Wolves will bring them, as they have a new manager and could be a season where their players go missing dreaming of pastures new once things get tough.

Out of our first two games, I looked at yesterdays game as the tougher of the two and we did ok there. Another game playing the new system under our belts, therefore I fancy a nice confidence boosting win.
Man I hope so. Ange's first game at home, a tifo to welcome him and attacking football for the fans to get behind. 5:30 on a Saturday too it will be buzzing in there, a win here would be huge!

Richarlison is hardly a dwarf, he's 6 foot. Get crosses in and he will score.

I think Maddison though, could be the key to all of our forwards scoring bundles.

Back
Top Bottom