Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United - F.A. Cup Semi-Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

- Lloris -
- Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen -
- Trippier - Dier - Dembele - Davies -
- Dele - Eriksen -
- Kane -
This was a tough choice. Vorm has been great, however Lloris is one of the best (albeit some recent shaky moments). As for the back 3, I think this would throw Mourinho. We would be able to control the game and it offers good width.

I wouldn't mind seeing 4-2-3-1 either with Son in for one of the back 3. We really need to turn up here, we can't give the media any ammunition.

COYS.

My team would look quite different.

[formation=4231, Vorm, Trippier, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Eriksen, Dele, Son, Kane][/formation]

Subs need to include Moura and Lamela.

Captain obvious but we need a big performance after the last few weeks. Here's hoping.

Hugo to start for me but otherwise agree with your selections

.......................Lloris
Trippier ....Sanchez...Jan.....Davies
.............Dembele..........Dier
Dele...........Son..............Eriksen
..................Kane

Strongest line up in real life, not the fantasy one where Toby and Rose are good

Toby is still good and would nullify Lukaku

Sanchez too risky for this one at the moment

I’m shaking like a shitting dog about this one already. After the last 2 performances, we really do have to put on a display this weekend. It’s simple. If we play at our best, it doesn’t matter which United turns up. We will beat them because our 100% is superior to their 100%.

A slow start, conceding early, a less than 100% performance and we are bang in trouble. Because that bus parking cunt will make it damn near impossible given any opportunity.

It’s going to be a very nervy few days mulling over the various permutations of this one. I think we need to come out of the traps possessed & flatten them early. Like last time we played them. They just couldn’t cope with the intensity, speed & skill.

Please knock these red manc bastards out.

:avbpray:

I think we’ll be ok

Do you know who the ref will be?

cacking my pants. Really hoping for a limbs moment in EV bar. Although now I'm bringing my mrs and her old man who speaks zero english, so I'm worried what impression I might give when we score an 89th minute winner and i'm suddenly kissing every drunk man around me.

Your logic to play Aurier is rather disturbing. Such a liability in such a game is insane .
I understand you see yourself as the clubs/owners No 1 fan boy but that would be ridiculous and self destructive.
I see myself as a fan of the club, yes.

I haven't even presented my logic for picking Aurier. So how you can read my mind and find it disturbing is quite the talent.

Last edited:
Lloris
Sanchez Toby Vert
Trippier Dier Dembele Davies
Eriksen Dele
Kane

Vorm Son Lamela Lucas Wanyama Aurier Foyth

We have to win this. Just for the sake of being in the final also if not then resting players and getting a draw yesterday when we should have won will have been a total loss.

Playing United off the park won't be enough on Saturday, we're going to need a bit of luck too.

Never seen a team put in a more dominant display and lose 4-2 in an FA Cup semi final...
Yep. That still fucking hurts. Footballing Gods, can you please just give us the rub of the green for once. This trophy means far more to us than the Mancs and Chelscum, who aren't even that arsed or appreciative of it. So, pretty please, just cut us some slack!

I see myself as a fan of the club, yes.

I haven't even presented my logic for picking Aurier. So how you can read my mind and find it disturbing is quite the talent.
I'm guessing that he meant because you chose him your logic must, by default, be suspect.
I'm inclined to agree, the guys an accident looking for a grid reference

Back
Top Bottom