Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United (Wembley)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But you can't seriously be advocating replacing Kane, Dele, Son, etc? Before the game even Sky were raving about their goalscoring exploits.

We need to strengthen the squad without a doubt but it has nothing to do with today. We shud have scored 3 or 4. Another day the exact same players hammer teams.
Again I didn't advocate for replacing Kane.
Rather more depth means that we have more options if certain players aren't on it.
There is no doubt that a better fullback would not have made the mistakes Trippier did today. United scoring also cost us a draw.

Are you happy with our CM options for the next few games at least?

Yea. Drop Dele deeper with Winks. Or play Winks and Skipp. Dier is due back.

We played better than Man Utd. De Gea kept them from a thrashing (aided by below par finishing) and a mistake from defence.

Shit happens. I'm gutted. But I'm not gonna rag on the club just cos we lost a game.

On another day we win that 4-1, uncharacteristic shit finishing (from kane in particular), no doubt the media will wank off Utd, but they were fucking shit. Hope Poch goes back to the 4-2-3-1 we played in the second half, looked a lot more fluid than in the diamond. Extremely disappointed but not angry, the players gave everything.

In all honesty, the only person who deserves to come out of that game with any credit is Harry Winks.

He was absolutely everywhere in that second half, we practically had no midfield and he helped us greatly. Put in some great tackles and made some crucial interceptions. Passing was good as well.

Alderweireld was great too.

Our big guns unfortunately failed to show up. They are always talking about wanting to achieve something with this club, how we deserve this and deserve that but these are the guys who perform like they do in the big games.

So you mean Trippier making a mistake halfway up the pitch is why we lost, but Dele, Kane, Eriksen and Son being shit and not scoring from a combined 10 shots on target plays no part?

An attack worth “750M” cant turn a game around with over 20 chances created by the rest of the team in 45 minutes, so it’s the 3M right backs fault for losing the ball in the oppositions half.

Fucking having a laugh
Putting words in my mouth the mistake made by Trippier at least cost us a point.
Even if your attacking players are not on it you can count on a good defense to at least get you a draw.

Gutted. But fuck me the time wasting from you United took the piss. Their keeper taking ages on every goal kick, that that cunt Ashley Young, I'd like to stamp on his fucking head.

We need to buy this January. Sissoko is a massive loss. The man is a machine and our legs are looking heavy now throughout the team.

Let's pray Harry is ok at the end there.

State of some of you melts on here...that's a 5 or 6 one game bar a great goalkeeping performance and sometimes that fucks you over...well played in 2nd half...proud of them all after horrific schedule...
Fuck the melts...

Well proud.....add it to Wolves, Leicester,Chelsea, aresnal, West Ham.....

We just ain’t there yet, and to be fair to Poch, he hasn’t claimed to be there yet.

Proud of the team over all, but fuck sitting here right now stroking one off for Kane and Eriksen and hanging Trippier our to dry

I'm proud of that performance in the end, we showed that we are the better team despite the result. I had a feeling deep down that we would lose this game, because the fucking laws of 'narrative' dictated it! But at least we went down fighting and threw everything we had at them. They are the world's richest club, their squad should be challenging for the title every season, and yet we had them hanging on for dear life in the 2nd half. It hurts to lose because we are now in a dogfight for top 4 places again, and the squad depth situation is getting ever more disastrous, but I'm still proud of those boys.

Fuck me that was horrible, we bottled it, should have been 4 or 5-1 second half.

Kane wtf has happened to him, since the injury last year he looks like his feet are stuck in treacle all the time.

Oh well, battles on for top 4 now, need to make sure this game doesn't define our season.

Anyone who isn't a moaning miserable cunt, best log off now before the Mindblown, John Thomas, The Hood shit show starts.

1,2,3...... INCOMING !!!!

Back
Top Bottom