Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (6th Aug) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That would be my choice if Davies isn’t fit

We started last season with
Lloris
Tangana Dier Sanchez Reg
Dele Skipp PEH
Lucas berg Son

Awful. Really basic set up of basic footballers, lacking flair and ability on the ball
And then they beat Man City . Funny old game!

Squad depth more important than ever with games coming thick and fast before World Cup, the potential for one or more players missing with covid any given week, and obviously the subs rule change.

I think it could be a tough and messy season because of external factors ( the variable impact of the World Cup on teams) which are bound to have a big influence on the outcome of the season.

I think we've come a long way in a year. Exciting times.

Last edited:
Incoming predicted XI’s with Richarlison included even though he’s fucking suspended for the first game
Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

That would be my choice if Davies isn’t fit

We started last season with
Lloris
Tangana Dier Sanchez Reg
Dele Skipp PEH
Lucas berg Son

Awful. Really basic set up of basic footballers, lacking flair and ability on the ball
2014-152015-162016-172017-182018-192019-202020-212021-222022-23
LlorisVormLlorisLlorisLlorisLlorisLlorisLlorisLloris
NaughtonWalkerWalkerKWPAurierKWPDohertyTangangaDoherty
KaboulTobyTobyTobySanchezTobyTobySanchezLenglet
CapoueVertsVertsVertsVertsSanchezDierDierDier
RoseDaviesRoseDaviesDaviesRoseDaviesReguillonPerisic
DierDierDierDierDierNdombeleDeleDeleRomero
BentalebBentalebWanyamaSissokoSissokoSissokoHojbjergHojbjergBENTANCUR
EriksenEriksenEriksenEriksenEriksenWinksWinksSkippBISSOUMA
LamelaDembeleLamelaDembeleLucasLucasLucasLucasKULUSEVSKI
LennonChadliDeleDeleDeleLamelaSonSonSon
AdebayorKaneKaneKaneKaneKaneKaneBergwijnKane

2014-152015-162016-172017-182018-192019-202020-212021-222022-23
LlorisVormLlorisLlorisLlorisLlorisLlorisLlorisLloris
NaughtonWalkerWalkerKWPAurierKWPDohertyTangangaDoherty
KaboulTobyTobyTobySanchezTobyTobySanchezLenglet
CapoueVertsVertsVertsVertsSanchezDierDierDier
RoseDaviesRoseDaviesDaviesRoseDaviesReguillonPerisic
DierDierDierDierDierNdombeleDeleDeleRomero
BentalebBentalebWanyamaSissokoSissokoSissokoHojbjergHojbjergBENTANCUR
EriksenEriksenEriksenEriksenEriksenWinksWinksSkippBISSOUMA
LamelaDembeleLamelaDembeleLucasLucasLucasLucasKULUSEVSKI
LennonChadliDeleDeleDeleLamelaSonSonSon
AdebayorKaneKaneKaneKaneKaneKaneBergwijnKane
Fucking Lucas, Wanks, PEH, Sanchez and Dele in recent seasons…. Good lord

Has Doh been here two years?

And then they beat Man City . Funny old game!

Squad depth more important than ever with games coming thick and fast before World Cup, the potential for one or more players missing with covid any given week, and obviously the subs rule change.

I think it could be a tough and messy season because of external factors ( the variable impact of the World Cup on teams) which are bound to have a big influence on the outcome of the season.

I think we've come a long way in a year. Exciting times.
Everyone with a brain knew the start of last season was an utter fluke and destined to quickly nosedive based on performances (which it did).

Agree on how far we’ve come.

Well, we have most positions covered - Lloris, Romero, Dier, Perisic, Bissouma, Kane, Son, Kulu should all start and if he is fit, then Davies as well. But what will happen with RWB (Doherty? Spence? Royal?), 2nd CM player (Benta, PEH, Skippy) and if Davies will be ready ?!?!

My guess is that it is gonna be -

----------Lloris-------
Romero-Dier-Davies
Doherty-------Perisic
--Bissouma-Skippy--
Kulu----Kane--Son--

Skippy was arguably our player of the season until he got injured. Bentancur was no doubt useful addition and in last game of the season he did so so well... but to me his overall performances did not mean he is that passing-engine that will be definite starter. So my vote goes for Skippy to get a first start. And we can go more attacking-minded with PEH/Benta taking over from him.

Well, we have most positions covered - Lloris, Romero, Dier, Perisic, Bissouma, Kane, Son, Kulu should all start and if he is fit, then Davies as well. But what will happen with RWB (Doherty? Spence? Royal?), 2nd CM player (Benta, PEH, Skippy) and if Davies will be ready ?!?!

----------Lloris-------
Romero-Dier-Davies
Doherty-------Perisic
--Bissouma-Skippy--
Kulu----Kane--Son--

Skippy was arguably our player of the season until he got injured. Bentancur was no doubt useful addition and in last game of the season he did so so well... but to me his overall performances did not mean he is that passing-engine that will be definite starter. So my vote goes for Skippy to get a first start. And we can go more attacking-minded with PEH/Benta taking over from him.
:contearms:

----------Lloris-------
Romero-Dier-Davies
Doherty-------Perisic
--Bissouma-Skippy--
Kulu----Kane--Son--

There is no way that Skipp will, or should, start ahead of Bentancur at the moment.

Skippy was arguably our player of the season until he got injured.

Eh ? I like Skipp but when he got injured weren't we about 8th at the time?!

I thought we were so much more fluid and connected with Benta in midfield. I appreciate he can get caught on the ball at times (no more than Skipp), but I don't mind that as he receives the ball under pressure, creates space for others, and usually tries to do something constructive. Mistakes will happen. Before he arrived, our midfield needed an acre of space to show for the ball, and again too many touches to pass it (usually sideways).

I think both of them will play an important role but Benta would be first on my team sheet out of the two . Hopefully the competition for places will improve both of them.

Eh ? I like Skipp but when he got injured weren't we about 8th at the time?!

I thought we were so much more fluid and connected with Benta in midfield. I appreciate he can get caught on the ball at times (no more than Skipp), but I don't mind that as he receives the ball under pressure, creates space for others, and usually tries to do something constructive. Mistakes will happen. Before he arrived, our midfield needed an acre of space to show for the ball, and again too many touches to pass it (usually sideways).

I think both of them will play an important role but Benta would be first on my team sheet out of the two . Hopefully the competition for places will improve both of them.

Eh ? So what on what position we were. I think you (and everyone else who saw our games) can agree that this situation was hardly something we could blame on Skipp and his performances. He was consistent, he was full of fight and until that time best CM we had (yes - by that time he had played better than PEH).

Unfortunately there was no overlap of Skipp being fit and Benta being with us, so it is hard to say.

But let's not get too carried away with new toys and forget old ones onto the attic. I have no doubts that Skippy ceiling is much higher than Bentancur's, so we will see. I would not be surprised slightest if he will be picked ahead of Bentancur from day 1. Or during the season. Right now the fact is - we have not seem them both being available at the same time.

Eh ? So what on what position we were. I think you (and everyone else who saw our games) can agree that this situation was hardly something we could blame on Skipp and his performances. He was consistent, he was full of fight and until that time best CM we had (yes - by that time he had played better than PEH).

Unfortunately there was no overlap of Skipp being fit and Benta being with us, so it is hard to say.

But let's not get too carried away with new toys and forget old ones onto the attic. I have no doubts that Skippy ceiling is much higher than Bentancur's, so we will see. I would not be surprised slightest if he will be picked ahead of Bentancur from day 1. Or during the season. Right now the fact is - we have not seem them both being available at the same time.

Fair enough, but let's not wear rose tinted glasses either. I thought Skipp was okay in the prem last season, but didn't pull up any trees. Benta created goals for us whereas Skipp offered very little going forward, so hopefully that's something he can add to his game over the next few seasons.

I LOVE that we are posting re the first game of the season, albeit it's a tad early.
It will be interesting to see what the first lineup will be, and I can't help feeling excited.
Season 2 Dancing GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Fair enough, but let's not wear rose tinted glasses either. I thought Skipp was okay in the prem last season, but didn't pull up any trees. Benta created goals for us whereas Skipp offered very little going forward, so hopefully that's something he can add to his game over the next few seasons.
Skipp > PEH.

Back
Top Bottom