Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (6th Aug) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Starting what
the same dogshit you have been posting in every thread for the past 12 months mate, it's fucking boring and in the same vein as Sammy's anti-Kane crusade.

We get it, you don't like PEH. We heard you the first 1000 times. We just don't give a fuck, so kindly shut the fuck up.

Conte has a few interesting decisions for this one

1) RWB... Surely Doherty is favourite, as long as he's fit enough. If not, then Emerson. Probably too soon for Spence. Missed a bit of pre season and Conte won't throw him in until he's physically, tactically and mentally ready. Lucas I think will be used at RWB mostly as an attacking sub, a useful option with the 5 sub rule.

2) LWB. Perisic to start if fit. Knows Conte's system inside out and is the clear first choice.

3) LCB. Sanchez did pretty well there against Rangers, but Lenglet offers much more in the buildup, so should start assuming Davies is out.

4) Midfield. Really not at all sure what his thinking is on this. Surely we want Bissouma in there for Chelsea, so would make sense to bed him in against Southampton. Biss-Hojbjerg got minutes last week. I like Biss-Benta but wouldn't be surprised if he sticks with Benta-Hojbjerg for this one to avoid too many changes.

Lloris, Doc, Cuti, Dier, Lenglet, Perisic, Bentancur, PEH , Deki, Kane, Son

the same dogshit you have been posting in every thread for the past 12 months mate, it's fucking boring and in the same vein as Sammy's anti-Kane crusade.

We get it, you don't like PEH. We heard you the first 1000 times. We just don't give a fuck, so kindly shut the fuck up.
Cool.

Will circle back with a told your so in three months when the basic ginger fraud is firmly fourth choice and we are flying

He was decent to be fair alongside Benta, literally night and day vs previous shocking performances but we will be much better without him. Benta and Bissouma first choice imo

Cool.

Will circle back with a told your so in three months when the basic ginger fraud is firmly fourth choice and we are flying

He was decent to be fair alongside Benta, literally night and day vs previous shocking performances but we will be much better without him. Benta and Bissouma first choice imo
Fantastic deal for me if it gets you to pipe down for 3 months :contethumb: cheers.

Can’t wait for this. 8 of us are on the 8 o’clock train from South Wales next Saturday morning for a proper day out having a few beers and watching Spurs with a 3 o’clock kick off for a change!

Cool.

Him and Benta are about the same level. IMO, we make an assessment based on the season's performance and get rid of one in the summer and try to upgrade that position again.

It could very well be that Benta goes and PEH stays.

rnAitvB.jpg

Forster, Spense, Sessegnon, Sanchez, Hojbjerg, Moura, Richarlison

:angryscouser:
I'de go with that, barring I think he'll stick with hojbjerg, at least for the moment..

Incoming predicted XI’s with Richarlison included even though he’s fucking suspended for the first game
Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

One time when I’d clearly won an FPL cash league I did transfer in Torres and make him captain even though he was on loan at AC Milan just to goad all my workmates. Maybe Conte might do the same and stick him on the bench just to show how much strength in depth we have?

2014-152015-162016-172017-182018-192019-202020-212021-222022-23
LlorisVormLlorisLlorisLlorisLlorisLlorisLlorisLloris
NaughtonWalkerWalkerKWPAurierKWPDohertyTangangaDoherty
KaboulTobyTobyTobySanchezTobyTobySanchezLenglet
CapoueVertsVertsVertsVertsSanchezDierDierDier
RoseDaviesRoseDaviesDaviesRoseDaviesReguillonPerisic
DierDierDierDierDierNdombeleDeleDeleRomero
BentalebBentalebWanyamaSissokoSissokoSissokoHojbjergHojbjergBENTANCUR
EriksenEriksenEriksenEriksenEriksenWinksWinksSkippBISSOUMA
LamelaDembeleLamelaDembeleLucasLucasLucasLucasKULUSEVSKI
LennonChadliDeleDeleDeleLamelaSonSonSon
AdebayorKaneKaneKaneKaneKaneKaneBergwijnKane
Blimey

So our potential lineup has only 3 players in it that started the Premier league opening game this time last year?
. That's incredible, it doesn't feel ike we've had that much of a clear out but we undoubtedly have.

I'm so excited about the start of this new season.... Contrast that to this time last year where I was more hopeful than anything else.

Blimey

So our potential lineup has only 3 players in it that started the Premier league opening game this time last year?
. That's incredible, it doesn't feel ike we've had that much of a clear out but we undoubtedly have.

I'm so excited about the start of this new season.... Contrast that to this time last year where I was more hopeful than anything else.
I'd say likely 4 as think Hojbjerg will start as well, but yeah a big turnover in 12 months.

Can’t wait for this. 8 of us are on the 8 o’clock train from South Wales next Saturday morning for a proper day out having a few beers and watching Spurs with a 3 o’clock kick off for a change!
I've been crying for home games on a Saturday, and then when we finally get them, I'm missing out on three events !!!

Sassy Believe It GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Assuming the likes of Davies and Skipp just miss out, I'd hazard a guess at the lineup being:

Lloris

Doherty
Romero
Dier
Sanchez
Sessegnon

Hojbjerg
Bentancur

Son
Kane
Kulu

I say hazard a guess, the only positions where there is a question at the moment imo is LCB if Davies is injured, CM and LWB. I think Sanchez will get the nod on the basis he had a decent game against Rangers there, and maybe doesn't want to put Lenglet in straight away. And I think he'll stick with tried and tested Hojbjerg Bentancur for midfield. Also, on the basis Perisic may not be fully fit I don't know, think he will stick with Sess. Could be wrong obviously but we'll see. Eventually we will see Perisic, Bissouma and probably Spence in the majority of starting xi's I'm sure.

Can't wait now. Haven't looked forward to the start of a season like this for a long long time.

The starting eleven vs Roma will probably be pretty close to the one that starts vs Southampton.

I would like to see Bissouma, Lenglet, Spence and Perisic start but I'm guessing that only one or two of them will actually start.

Last edited:
The starting eleven vs Roma probably be pretty close to the one that starts vs Southampton.

I would like to see Bissouma, Lenglet, Spence and Perisic start but I'm guessing that only one or two of them will actually start.
You could well be right.
RWB and CM selections will be very interesting.

Assuming the likes of Davies and Skipp just miss out, I'd hazard a guess at the lineup being:

Lloris

Doherty
Romero
Dier
Sanchez
Sessegnon

Hojbjerg
Bentancur

Son
Kane
Kulu

I say hazard a guess, the only positions where there is a question at the moment imo is LCB if Davies is injured, CM and LWB. I think Sanchez will get the nod on the basis he had a decent game against Rangers there, and maybe doesn't want to put Lenglet in straight away. And I think he'll stick with tried and tested Hojbjerg Bentancur for midfield. Also, on the basis Perisic may not be fully fit I don't know, think he will stick with Sess. Could be wrong obviously but we'll see. Eventually we will see Perisic, Bissouma and probably Spence in the majority of starting xi's I'm sure.

Can't wait now. Haven't looked forward to the start of a season like this for a long long time.
Would be fucking typical, the first season since the dawn of man that we get most of our business done before August and then start the new campaign fielding ZERO new signings...

I guarantee if this happens the first 45/60 minutes will be a slog and we will be at 0-0, maybe 0-1, before making 5 changes and winning by 2 clear goals. Bet your house on it!

Back
Top Bottom