Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (6th Aug) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A shame cos I think our starting line up will be Benta/PEH. Bissouma doesn't seem ready.

Doesn't bode well for DJ Ed either.

So of our new signings only one likely to start is Perisic (which tbf is a big deal), and maybe Lenglet. Lenget against a hard pressing side like Southamton isn't bad.

Richalison looked good in pre-season, if not a revelation, so we should at least have a strong bench against them.

My worry is he will start Sanchez as Davies won’t be ready. Just not good enough and is Crystal clear we still need another CB

Really hoping we see a central midfield of Bissouma and Bentancur asap. They are the two best footballers we have in that position and if we can slot Lenglet into the lcb position, we should be able to have much smoother buildup play and really punish teams who press aggressively.
Yeah for sure theyre better technically . but hojbjerg gives us a physicality/aggression they atm dont. So for me atm it's bisso or bente plus hojbjerg

Luckily it’s Southampton at home and obviously we shouldn’t take anything for granted considering they turned us over last season, but i still think it’s a game we should be winning. We then face a much tougher game chelsea away next with Richarlison back and raring to go, plus the likes of Bissouma etc more integrated in Conte’s system

My worry is he will start Sanchez as Davies won’t be ready. Just not good enough and is Crystal clear we still need another CB
Think he'll ease lenglet into the team... And no bad thing for Sanchez to get time on the LHS.. Tbh .. I've been ok with him so far..he hasn't had those Brain freeze Sanchez moments.. so maybe .. just maybe he's come of age... NO DOUBTS the boys got the.lot. Pace power muscle, if he just didnt have those focus lapses...

That would be my choice if Davies isn’t fit

We started last season with
Lloris
Tangana Dier Sanchez Reg
Dele Skipp PEH
Lucas berg Son

Awful. Really basic set up of basic footballers, lacking flair and ability on the ball

Err....We beat Man City. So not that awful.

Err....We beat Man City. So not that awful.
We were still awful, the performance was night and day vs the second game when we beat City away…. the wins in the second and third games of the season were also shocking games and no surprise when the car crash happened

Conte rightly praised Lenglet's second half performance against Roma, as he offered us much greater creativity from LCB.

We're at home against Soton, and picking Lenglet & Perisic would massively improve our left side.

As we are at Home to Southampton, scoring goals rather than defence should be the priority and Doherty, Lenglet &Perisic should all start in preference to more defensive alternatives. If they are not fit enough for 90 mins then we have 5 subs. May be different against Chelsea.
Our signings give us much better potential to do better than last season but until we see results. it is just potential as they need to gel as a team.

As we are at Home to Southampton, scoring goals rather than defence should be the priority and Doherty, Lenglet &Perisic should all start in preference to more defensive alternatives. If they are not fit enough for 90 mins then we have 5 subs. May be different against Chelsea.
Our signings give us much better potential to do better than last season but until we see results. it is just potential as they need to gel as a team.

....Yeh; start as strong as poss; even if you expect to have to sub some of the lads off.

Back
Top Bottom