Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (6th Aug) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte showing he news guys need to show they are better than last season's team before they are given a chance - plus of course minor injuries/niggles reported for Persic and Bissouma ?

5 new boys in bench, only one not is Richarlison who is suspended for one match.

Only niggle from me is too many defenders on bench - Lenglet, Sanchez, Persic, Spence, Doherty (5) so with a gk, only room for one cm and two forwards.

I’m a fan of him but this is a make or break year. No more injuries and no more inconsistent performances. He needs to earn his spot now or he’s gone this next summer.
Can’t help injuries, just want confidence and pro activity. Be brave young gun, you can play

The optimism is high and yet it is disappointing that so many are not yet fully match fit. It really will be a damp squid if we fail to win. Hopefully an early calming goal. If that does happen it is important to press on and NOT let them take the initiative.

100% correct.

We need to be convincing and win of course.

Pretty obvious that Conte would lean on the players he trusts early on. No reason to be disappointed with the lineup that had us purring at the end of last season, looking forward to seeing them.

Conte showing he news guys need to show they are better than last season's team before they are given a chance - plus of course minor injuries/niggles reported for Persic and Bissouma ?

5 new boys in bench, only one not is Richarlison who is suspended for one match.

Only niggle from me is too many defenders on bench - Lenglet, Sanchez, Persic, Spence, Doherty (5) so with a gk, only room for one cm and two forwards.
Perisic is not a defender

Pretty obvious that Conte would lean on the players he trusts early on. No reason to be disappointed with the lineup that had us purring at the end of last season, looking forward to seeing them.
Same but we need to be braver vs Chelsea. That 11 will retreat based on last seasons pastings

Special mention to Calgary Spur Calgary Spur , who’s traveling over just for the match

👍
I'm in Vancouver on holiday. 8 hours behind. 6am here.

I don't normally get up at the butt crack of dawn but I make an exception when it comes to Spurs.

About to head over to the Vancouver Spurs official supporters pub now.

This is me:
Tired Baby GIF

And also me:
Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

COYS! 💪

Why bench Perisic?
He's not long come back from injury pretty sure we will see him at some point today especially since richarlison couldn't make squad. Even though he been a wing back under Conte he has spent the majority of his time a a winger and wouldn't be surprised if he is used there sometimes

Back
Top Bottom