Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (6th Aug) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m a fan of him but this is a make or break year. No more injuries and no more inconsistent performances. He needs to earn his spot now or he’s gone this next summer.
Don’t get me wrong. I’ll fully back him, like all our players.

But I want to see aggression. I want to see him pin the opposition back. He has one of the most important positions in a Conte team; needs to deliver.

I’m a fan of him but this is a make or break year. No more injuries and no more inconsistent performances. He needs to earn his spot now or he’s gone this next summer.

Yep.. We're on the brink of signing another young LB..... Make or break season for Sess now.

I my head, Conte has said
lads you got top 4 last season, so you start
but if I see anything but 8 out of 10 I’ll fucking replace you in a heartbeat.
to the subs - you’ll get your chance, but if not 8 out of 10 you won’t start next game.
he will end with. ‘I will do this to your head if you fuck this up’
angry chelsea GIF

Was confident last week but could see this being a bit of a struggle. The weather, too many players in the team who are quick taking the easy/backwards pass and not too much 1v1 ability in midfield and wingback. Maybe won from the bench If the front three are not on it from the start

to the subs - you’ll get your chance, but if not 8 out of 10 you won’t start next game.
angry chelsea GIF
Yep , and that’s why players want to play for this guy . He’s been a god send!

angry chelsea GIF
Agree. Conte also generally seems to be more mindful of injury risks. Unlike Poch, Mou etc. he realises that a player getting injured after coming back too soon is far more damaging than losing that one game.

Back
Top Bottom