Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton - Boxing Day Bonanza

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Milk
Biscuits ( ginger nuts )
Coffee
Eggs
Wine
Fizzy water
Salami
Pears
yogurt drink

Sorry I can’t find a pen & I need to put my shopping list somewhere

xWNQV
25994668_1239430742825700_4915299764149619535_n.jpg

Well I made it with an hour to spare. Flight arrived early and an easy 30 minute run to Wembley. Had a glass of champers at half time to celebrate Harry breaking the record. Opened my Christmas pressies and have received a couple of collectors' gold plated, enamel badges commerating WHL. Not bad from a Spammer :thumbup:.
Really enjoyed the game, Southampton didn't park the bus so made for an open game. Thought everyone played well, but a shout out for Eric Dier, thought he really got involved. But today was Harry's day and he deserves all the glory that comes with his massive achievement. It is not mentioned that he got the record in less games than Shearer.:bow:
Now going to have my proper Christmas dinner.
Enjoy what's left of 2017 :coys:

A very accomplished performance but only a testimonial crowd to see. Have you given up already?
57k a testimonial crowd. That’s an actual 57k in the stadium. Not tickets sold ( a Woolwich massage)
Liverpool had 52k. Was that a testimonial?
Have you given up on facts.
It’s a 90k stadium mate. Half full it will look empty but there will still be as many, if not more, than City would get at Home for the same fixture, on Boxing Day, televised.
The lower and middle tiers hold 51k.
It’ll be more than Woolwich get at home on Thursday. Not those fantasy figures they give where gaffs half full and they get claim there were 57k .

This shit is as patronising as fuck. The implicit suggestion is that Kane is without talent but is doing this all through good, old fashioned elbow grease. Fuck off. Ronaldo was a useless cunt when he broke into the scene. Those Man U scumbags rewrite history as if he arrived from Sporting and instantly ruled the Premier League. Bullshit. He was little more than a skinny lollipop, step over merchant who didn’t know when to pass or shoot. He had to work. So he did and because I worked on his game at Man U he became a world class cunt of a human at the same time. DEATH TO HIM AND HIS KIND.

The implication is that nobody ever picked out Kane as an anointed savior for Spurs as a youth player...Nash isn't saying that he is devoid of talent but that he worked hard and developed into a world class player without the fanfare that we see associated with other young players (and still largely doesn't get the recognition that he deserves for being such a phenomenal footballer). This is something that an unheralded, undersized basketball player that grew up in Canada, played at a small university, then became one of the greatest to ever play the game probably understands prettyyyyy well.

Not every comment is something to melt over.

Last edited:
So weird being a yid last couple of years.
I found myself seething we let in a a goal at 4-0 up today.
I was going ape shit when we conceded another at 5-1 up.
“ we spoilt it now” I thought. I had to give myself a slap for thinking it.
Are years of being dissapointed (Spursy) so ingrained that I/we have to find something to be pissed off about.

Being a proper Spurs supporter, when we conceded that goal to go 4-1 there was a voice in the back of my head going "OH NO, FUCK FUCK FUCK, SURELY WE CAN'T LOSE THIS NOW???"

:hugoshock::hugoshock::hugoshock:

Supposed precedent with Lanzini/Niasse for simulation that cons a referee.

There was contact though, it's funny how winks stays on his feet against city, the narrative is "well he should have made a meal off it and got a pen"
When dele does suffer contact in the box and goes over to win the pen, the narrative from the media is "dele is a cunt, he dives"
:pochfacepalm:

What’s Harry’s value now? It’s gotta be approaching 300mil

He's the best striker in the world and, one of the best in the history of the game.

But he plays for Spurs, likes it at Spurs, has normal hair, doesnt wear pink boots and batty riders on his holiday, is not tatooed and doesnt celebrate like he's auditioning for Idol.

So Im sure Real will get him for 70M max, as we're still not sure if he's world class

So Harry keeps all his hat trick match balls in a cupboard. Does he have a sticker or something on each one to identify it, like "Southampton 26/12/17"? Because otherwise its just, like, a cupboard full of footballs isn't it?

Don't mind me, just thinking aloud...

That was without doubt the worst atmosphere I have ever experienced whilst watching Spurs.

Our mojo is starting to flow, some of the link-up between our front 4 today was beautiful, not sure I’ve seen us so silky. That same front 4 also ran their arses off too.

Obvious to pick Kane for MOTM but take out the record and it could have gone to Eriksen, Dele, Dier or Vertonghen who were all absolutely brilliant. What a fucking spine!!

Rose is edging his way back to form, his fitness is getting better but his touch and passing is still way off, but improved even during this one game.

I’ve really enjoyed watching Sanchez since he signed, today Long gave him a tough game, Long is an dirty bastard should have been booked several times today, especially in first half but Sánchez would have learned a lot from today’s game.

Mentions to Sissoko and Lamela who both were on the pace the second they came on, Lamela would appear to have gained a few yards of pace too. Sissoko was so quick to press the oppo today, won the ball and set us on our way, one lovely little spell of aggression too, when Southampton thought they’d get physical only to come up against him and a couple of other challenges from Aurier and I think Dier.

Been a good day hearing all our rivals getting salty as fuck about Kane, every single goal he scores is met with cries and bitterness.......no sweater sound.

Up the Spurs

Great performance from the whole team, Dele seems to has found his form again and Dier looked very composed today. Southampton though haven't really made it tough for us - but this is why midtable clubs just park the bus against us. Ultimately we just outscore them. And they had a few injury problems as well.

I don't think we need to say another word about Kane, an amazing player and personality. His haters are running out of excuses. With him breaking the record, I have to pull out this timeless classic: Harry Kane, Luckiest Man In Soccer You can tweet the author and he will desperately try to justify his bullshit article. :sonpoint:

Happy birthday to our skipper, but he has been a letdown for the two goals today... had some good saves, but he doesn't seem to be himself this season. His passing ability aside, he needs to gain back his focus. Errors like these aren't costly against opposition like this, they could be very costly in top games. Also having some doubts about Dembele's future, but maybe all he needs are more games.

Anyway, COYS - we have done very well in December (minus the Manchester drubbing), let's keep this going next year! :kanegoal:

That's so blatant and bad because it's a kick to the face while the guy is on the floor that frankly I'm surprised there's no assault charge being made. That's not football in any sense of the word it was a pure assault. And how the hell do you only get three game ban for that? Three months would be lenient in my view, it's absolutely mad when you consider a genuine but bad late challenge can get you a three game ban.
Also sure Dele and the Moose got longer for a soft punch and a eye gouge that had as much contact as when I put on mascara!

Back
Top Bottom