Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland (Saturday 13th Sept 15:00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not saying Naughton won't make mistakes, but I'd say he would have more positional sense and can make a tackle. Both goals yesterday could of been stopped if Naughton was on, that's not to say the result would of been any better or worse but Dier looked terrified of Adam Johnston yesterday.
As soon as we get Super Jan confirmed as Captain, I reckon he will be a great mentor for young Dier. He is young but he really presents as playing for the shirt not like players like Lennon or Townsend who are just in and out!

As soon as we get Super Jan confirmed as Captain, I reckon he will be a great mentor for young Dier. He is young but he really presents as playing for the shirt not like players like Lennon or Townsend who are just in and out!
I've got nothing against Dier think he's fantastic but his future definitely lies at centre back, I am impressed by his versatility though. I hope Jan doesn't get the armband though.

Not saying Naughton won't make mistakes, but I'd say he would have more positional sense and can make a tackle. Both goals yesterday could of been stopped if Naughton was on, that's not to say the result would of been any better or worse but Dier looked terrified of Adam Johnston yesterday.

Since he is young, had a good start and English it seems to be taboo to suggest that Dier has been a bit shit.

Did anyone think it was a penalty on him though?

what a horseshit post
you made absolutely all of that up and none of it has any substance

Lennon could have moved on, and has publicly let it be known that he wants to stay and fight for a place. Townsend, whilst he has his faults as a player, shows no lack of passion or enthusiasm in a Spurs shirt.

If you have nothing of value to say, then say nothing.

Dier was solid in the first two matches, don't think he made one mistake but in the last two where his level of opponent has been higher it's showed he isn't a right back. That said he won't face a tougher test than Adam Jhonston and Raheem Sterling this year, both really tricky pacey players so maybe I'm being harsh. But my point about Naughton is he is a good tackler, he does win most of his battles with the winger with the ball on the floor. I don't want to come across like i'm scapegoating Dier, I really like the bloke, just think Naughton is a better option, but I've no doubt Poch is the better judge of this so I've no problem seeing him start next week.

what a horseshit post
you made absolutely all of that up and none of it has any substance

Lennon could have moved on, and has publicly let it be known that he wants to stay and fight for a place. Townsend, whilst he has his faults as a player, shows no lack of passion or enthusiasm in a Spurs shirt.

If you have nothing of value to say, then say nothing.

So Lennon has decided that he wants to stay on and pull his finger out and fight for a place, why was he not doing that before! Must love the shirt a bit better now eh. Townsend well why is he not playing then Mick! Get rid of the dead wood and hire those that want to play and not just taking the pay packet..
Might put you on ignore I think Mick; For some unknown reason you mouth off without validating your statements.Continuing to demonstrate your gross ineptness to be able to converse with others without resorting to attacking them. For the record
Vertonghen to be named new Tottenham captain | FootballFanCast.com

So Lennon has decided that he wants to stay on and pull his finger out and fight for a place, why was he not doing that before! Must love the shirt a bit better now eh. Townsend well why is he not playing then Mick! Get rid of the dead wood and hire those that want to play and not just taking the pay packet..
Might put you on ignore I think Mick; For some unknown reason you mouth off without validating your statements.Continuing to demonstrate your gross ineptness to be able to converse with others without resorting to attacking them. For the record
Vertonghen to be named new Tottenham captain | FootballFanCast.com
best form of defence is attack eh? - I simply pulled you up for your childish and unsubstantiated comments.
Then you start talking about playing for the club and not the wages - jesus, what next - we only employ people who can provide proof that they supported Spurs through school?
The word is ineptitude BTW, and I said quite clearly that your comments were rubbish, because they were just products of your imagination. If you set yourself up as a target - then you should expect to be shot at.
Don't put me on ignore, please. I don't know how I could live with the rejection............

Last edited:
First post on this forum. As a stated on another forum, IMO Dier is not a better RB than Naughton. I know he was found wanting last season playing at LB (and this has unfortunately coloured peoples view of him) but at RB technically Naughton is the best we have, even more so than Walker. Why I say this is that Walker and to a lesser degree Dier are much quicker than Naughton so can use their speed to atone for any mistakes. Naughton has to rely on awareness and positioning in order to excel, which he does well. Yesterday I would have played Dier CB and Naughton RB and benched Kaboul. My opinion of course.

Was really frustrated yesterday cause of the unnessecarity of the late equalizer concerning it was just an ugly, lucky and completely underserved one.
But now I look at it right this: It's the first time for at least a year that we lost points because of bad finishing of the many chances we created. That's a huge improvement compared to last year when we normally lost points due to lack of chances - and I think finishing is much easier to improve than creating chances and being superior isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom