Tottenham Hotspur v. Sunderland

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SchmoodSpur2013

wrong nearly always
Premier League
Sunday, 18 September, 16:30
The Lane

---------------------------Lloris------------------------------
Walker-----Alderweireld---Vertonghen-----Davies
---------------------Dier---------Dembele-----------------
Son------------------------Dele-------------------Eriksen
---------------------------Janssen--------------------------

Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Wanyama, Sissoko, N'Koudou, Lamela, Kane

Prediction: 4-1 (Janssen 2, Eriksen, Kane - Defoe)

Seems as good a game as any to have a look at Janssen. I think Harry needs a rest for a return against Gillingham where he should be able to notch a couple to get his confidence back. Although I fancy a late cameo with a goal.

Very intrigued to see how Dele/Janssen get on as they appear to be made for each other in terms of attributes of a 9-10 partnership.

If we're going to hit top form, this coming 10-12 days with Sunderland, Gillingham and Boro is a good way to start it.

Dat bench dough.

COYS!

On the one hand I say stick Wanyama in for Dier and give him a rest, the other side says that changing too much won't be good. Part of me would also start Sissoko.

Last edited:
Kane really needs to sit this one out.

Give Janssen a full 90 mins

Doubt that Janssen will get a full 90-minute playing time. But, I agree that we need to give him a chance and have Kane sit out this upcoming match vs. Sunderland. I also have a feeling that Walker might sit out for this one, too. I know it's his job, but man.. he's been running like a horse for the past few games.

Premier League
Sunday, 18 September, 16:30
The Lane

---------------------------Lloris------------------------------
Walker-----Alderweireld---Vertonghen-----Davies
---------------------Dier---------Dembele-----------------
Son------------------------Dele-------------------Eriksen
---------------------------Janssen--------------------------

Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Wanyama, Sissoko, N'Koudou, Lamela, Kane

Prediction: 4-1 (Janssen 2, Eriksen, Kane - Defoe)

Seems as good a game as any to have a look at Janssen. I think Harry needs a rest for a return against Gillingham where he should be able to notch a couple to get his confidence back. Although I fancy a late cameo with a goal.

Very intrigued to see how Dele/Janssen get on as they appear to be made for each other in terms of attributes of a 9-10 partnership.

If we're going to hit top form, this coming 10-12 days with Sunderland, Gillingham and Boro is a good way to start it.

Dat bench dough.

COYS!
I want to see Sissoko start on the right ahead of Son and Wanyama ahead of Dier. Lets shake it up a bit. Agree Jansssen for Kane. Three changes to a very good side-liven it up a bit.

Doubt that Janssen will get a full 90-minute playing time. But, I agree that we need to give him a chance and have Kane sit out this upcoming match vs. Sunderland. I also have a feeling that Walker might sit out for this one, too. I know it's his job, but man.. he's been running like a horse for the past few games.
Few years...

Few years...
He was running when he was born.

Let's start with the next match. I would like to see few changes, Janssen in for Kane and Wanyama in for Dier with Dembele coming back. :dierno:

This time last year we just started playing good with bad results, this year we have got some good points on the board, happy days. :wanyama:

Sunderland have been given the worst time to play us. After the defeat last night we are going to come out and absolutely tear them a new asshole. 5-0 Spurs. clean sheet, lots of goals, get this show back on the road.

It's only early doors but some of our players look leggy already. Kane definitely needs a rest, think Dier and Walker may do as well. How long before Rose is back?

Sunderland have been terrible and wouldn't think they will be a roll over. This is a classic match of old when we need a performance after a bad one, we then go out and draw/lose against what should be an easy 3 points.

Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Wanyama, Dembele, Son, Alli, Eriksen, Kane

Bench: vorm, trippier, wimmer, dier, lamela, sisokko, Janssen

Simply put....lamela was abysmal yesterday and Son deserves another league start. I love dier but he hasn't been his best lately and wanyama has been better tbh.

Lloris, Walker, Toby, Wimmer, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele, Sissoko, Lamela, Alli, Janssen

Subs: Vorm, Davies, Verts, Dier, Eriksen, Son, Kane

Wouldn't mind freshening things up a little, get Rose back in if he is fit again and give Janssen, Wanyama, Sissoko a chance to shine.

What happened to the football pitch thing where we can add our players on to it?

Start with Janssen, Sissoko, and Dembele, simply for reasons of post European game squad rotation. Maybe even give Wimmer a start if he's available. Kane's form will improve with games, but if we're to compete on all fronts we need to make some rotations.

Yeah, I think Harry needs to be on the bench from the start for this one. He looked like he was running in treacle last night. There's always the argument to give a striker a poor opponent in order to get their confidence up, but we have Gillingham coming up, and Vinnie needs to get a goal or two under his belt for the club too.

Let's also bench Dier for now - I'd be keen to see how a Wanyama/Dembele C[D]M partnership pans out.

From what I saw last night, Dele was running on fumes at the end. Unsurprising given the amount of ground he was covering. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't start either, which would give us an opportunity to give Son another run-out, or Sissoko his first start.

I'm less convinced about the need to switch Lamela or Eriksen. They were both under-par at Wembley, but neither were terrible, in my view.

Sunderland honestly look like a very poor team, and I think they'll be out of their depth. Let's not take a win for granted though!

I wonder if Danny will be back for this one..?

Lloris
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Dembele - Wanyama
Lamela - Alli - Eriksen
Janssen
3-0
Alli X2
Lamela

Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose(if fit)/Davies, Wanyama, Sissoko, Dembele, Eriksen, Lamela, Janssen.
Subs : Vorm, Wimmer, Davies/Rose, Dier, Dele, Son, Kane.

2 - 0 win
Goalscorers : (Sissoko 1st half, and Kane from off the bench 2nd half).

Back
Top Bottom