Tottenham Hotspur v West Bromwich Albion

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was out all day and night yesterday so this is my first reaction to this game;

Bulldoze the Paxton with everyone in it. Useless cunts who don't deserve to watch us. I left on the 70th and retreated back to the Bill Nick because I couldnt take the groaning, the negativity, and the shouting abuse at our players. I said it before on this forum, and I should have stuck to my word. "I'll never take another ticket for Spurs if it is in the North Stand"

I came away hating our own fans.

As another poster has said give the man a chance. He has took 4 points from 2 premier league games. I sure as hell didn't expect all three points from Southampton away, so factor it in and relax.
Never liked the Paxton, but not quite as bad as the Morgue West Stand. But I can, for once, understand the fans being frustrated. So much is uncertain at the moment. Not that it excuses yesterday's boo boys.

But, as for Timmy, I think there is more than just results on offer here. His game plan has been all over the place and has amounted to nothing more than "attack". You don't even need to be a football fan to see that. It's good ol' Ossie all over again. Maybe a bit before your time, but his game plan was very similar, and we know what happened to him....and he had better attacking players than we do right now (well, at least until they learn to work together/acclimatise to the league).

Timmy has to turn it around quickly or the season is gone. His inexperience is already all too evident. So we need to hope he is an extremely fast learner and highly adaptable, otherwise this will go down as Levy's worst managerial appointment yet, prolong the agony of yet another transitional state of THFC the League Laughing Stock (TM), and destroy Timmy's career before its even started.

Never liked the Paxton, but not quite as bad as the Morgue West Stand. But I can, for once, understand the fans being frustrated. So much is uncertain at the moment. Not that it excuses yesterday's boo boys

Agreed. The only positive from yesterday is the ST (Block 54) which I took has a girl that I kindly nicknamed "Butt Girl" on the first row. Abosolutely cracking arse, and she was wearing leggings yesterday. Dear god, I was praying for more goals, so she would stand. But It just didnt come.
She's a screamer too. I think I spent more than half the game imaging me putting my face between her arse cheeks.

But, as for Timmy, I think there is more than just results on offer here. His game plan has been all over the place and has amounted to nothing more than "attack". You don't even need to be a football fan to see that. It's good ol' Ossie all over again. Maybe a bit before your time, but his game plan was very similar, and we know what happened to him....and he had better attacking players than we do right now (well, at least until they learn to work together/acclimatise to the league).

Timmy has to turn it around quickly or the season is gone. His inexperience is already all too evident. So we need to hope he is an extremely fast learner and highly adaptable, otherwise this will go down as Levy's worst managerial appointment yet, prolong the agony of yet another transitional state of THFC the League Laughing Stock (TM), and destroy Timmy's career before its even started.

Agreed, another poster on here put it quite aptly when he said that "We've gone from too much tactics to no tactics at all" - There does need to be a finer balance, we should be breaking teams like West Brom down at home, especially in their current form. But, I said yesterday and others agreed, it would of been no different had we had AVB at the helm for yesterday.

Eriksen and Holtby centre mid was dreadful to watch when Spurs didn't have the ball, Eriksen looked completely lost out there and Holtby seemed to be running for both of them with even Chadli playing centre mid as well and leaving the entire right flank to Walker.

Vlad lost the ball a couple times but i like his style of attempting to pass it to a team mates feet so as to build up attacks despite being under pressure.

I've been wondering could Dawson start for any of the other teams that are in the top 8, i don't think so, he's so slow it's painful and his passing leaves a lot to be desired.

Adebayor was back to his lethargic best yesterday reminding people who got carried away after a couple goals what an absolute waste of space he can be on the pitch, he should have come off for an extra midfielder but it seems Sherwood, the tactical genius, is determined to play 2 strikers come what may.

What a shame the way this season has gone, from admittedly ambitious talks of title challenges and top 4 minimum to a coach so inexperienced it's amusing. All of this in the space of 2 weeks because we lost 5-0 at home.

The sad thing is the likes of Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele, Vlad, Walker etc will want to leave soon, especially Vertonghen & Lloris who thought they'd signed up to an ambitious team building to regular CL football and a title challenge in the future, not this shambles.

I will say vlad was more shit than Daws. Like miles shitty but dawson still got turned to easily and his lack of pace really hurt us
Each to their own, but I strongly disagree. We only conceded one goal, which was nothing to do with Daw's lack of pace. It was a mistake by Eriksen, compounded by a mistake by Ade. So how Daw's lack of pace really hurt us I know not. Eriksen's mistake really hurt us, Ade's mistake really hurt us. Ade and Soldado being a flop as a strike force really hurt us .. could give more examples if you want. Daws was one of our better players yesterday.

Each to their own, but I strongly disagree. We only conceded one goal, which was nothing to do with Daw's lack of pace. It was a mistake by Eriksen, compounded by a mistake by Ade. So how Daw's lack of pace really hurt us I know not. Eriksen's mistake really hurt us, Ade's mistake really hurt us. Ade and Soldado being a flop as a strike force really hurt us .. could give more examples if you want. Daws was one of our better players yesterday.

I'm sure @ greaves357 and @ Greaves_357 Greaves_357 agree with you @ Greaves357_bestever Greaves357_bestever

Agreed. The only positive from yesterday is the ST (Block 54) which I took has a girl that I kindly nicknamed "Butt Girl" on the first row. Abosolutely cracking arse, and she was wearing leggings yesterday. Dear god, I was praying for more goals, so she would stand. But It just didnt come.
She's a screamer too. I think I spent more than half the game imaging me putting my face between her arse cheeks.

Agreed, another poster on here put it quite aptly when he said that "We've gone from too much tactics to no tactics at all" - There does need to be a finer balance, we should be breaking teams like West Brom down at home, especially in their current form. But, I said yesterday and others agreed, it would of been no different had we had AVB at the helm for yesterday.

I've got wet-tip.

Well all i can say from yesterday nothing much changed. Still playing 4-5-1 (I know it was 4-4-2 but all over the place) with Soldado drifting to right wing most of the time at least looking for the ball. Might as well of kept AVB from that performance.
Holtby & Eriksen in same team just doesn't work. Walker & Rose probably the only ones to have a good game. Frustrating to watch the normal 'lets go down the middle' approach. When Lamela came on(Probably our 3rd best player) had acres of space of the right everyone ignored him and lost the ball.

Atmosphere again was dire in shelf lower only had one reasonably loud shelf side/park lane chant going and when Eriksen scored some piss poor attempt at his song with only 3 people singing and getting awkward as AVB isnt with us anymore so what do we sing?!?! Biggest reaction was probably when West Ham scored and then went on to fuck it up.

Eriksen and Holtby centre mid was dreadful to watch when Spurs didn't have the ball, Eriksen looked completely lost out there and Holtby seemed to be running for both of them with even Chadli playing centre mid as well and leaving the entire right flank to Walker.

Vlad lost the ball a couple times but i like his style of attempting to pass it to a team mates feet so as to build up attacks despite being under pressure.

I've been wondering could Dawson start for any of the other teams that are in the top 8, i don't think so, he's so slow it's painful and his passing leaves a lot to be desired.

Adebayor was back to his lethargic best yesterday reminding people who got carried away after a couple goals what an absolute waste of space he can be on the pitch, he should have come off for an extra midfielder but it seems Sherwood, the tactical genius, is determined to play 2 strikers come what may.

What a shame the way this season has gone, from admittedly ambitious talks of title challenges and top 4 minimum to a coach so inexperienced it's amusing. All of this in the space of 2 weeks because we lost 5-0 at home.

The sad thing is the likes of Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele, Vlad, Walker etc will want to leave soon, especially Vertonghen & Lloris who thought they'd signed up to an ambitious team building to regular CL football and a title challenge in the future, not this shambles.

Both quotes are bang on.

Sacking AVB wasn't necessarily a bad thing, if, just if, we had a plan to upgrade him. We didn't. Now it is all a mess.

As for the star players I can see nothing but what you say. Lloris and Sandro will probably be the first to be headhunted, and rightly so. Walker is already wanted by moneybags Monaco.

Both quotes are bang on.

Sacking AVB wasn't necessarily a bad thing, if, just if, we had a plan to upgrade him. We didn't. Now it is all a mess.

As for the star players I can see nothing but what you say. Lloris and Sandro will probably be the first to be headhunted, and rightly so. Walker is already wanted by moneybags Monaco.
It is rumoured that Sandro has offers from several teams from Italy such as Inter, Roma or Juventus, depending on the source. Hopefully he will stay put because he has all the necessary assets to become a club legend.

Oh I almost forgot... was this game supposed to be the one where we introduce that huge cswy banner/flag?
I didn't recall seeing it in the stream that I was watching.
Any pics out there, and how did it go?

Or did it not occur?

It is rumoured that Sandro has offers from several teams from Italy such as Inter, Roma or Juventus, depending on the source. Hopefully he will stay put because he has all the necessary assets to become a club legend.
Pretty sure I read something yesterday suggesting he's said he wants to stay with us.

Pretty sure I read something yesterday suggesting he's said he wants to stay with us.
Indeed, to be precise this is what he said:

"I know that Inter and Roma want me. I've heard about their interest,"

"But I'm happy at Spurs and there has been no concrete contact. I can say that it is always nice to be wanted though."

"Will I return to Brazil? It's early to do that, I would only go back to end my career."

The fact that he said he is happy playing for us kind of assured me that he won't be leaving anywhere, the only part that made me raise an eyebrow a bit was where he said it's always nice to be wanted. On the other hand, i can't blame the guy, if i were a footballer i would also love the feeling that other clubs would be interested in me, despite the fact that i am loyal to the club that i play for.

Back
Top Bottom