Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's called passion. Some of us get extemely angry and upset when we lose. Brushing it off with comments like thats football or we go again....Thats a disgrace mate. That's the mentality this club needs to get fucking rid of
You're a fucking disgrace John. You're a nice bloke, but you aren't a Spurs fan. Harry Winks is ten times more Spurs than you'll ever be

We gave the ball away 109 times? I put that down to fatigue. Either way it's a really disappointing result when we seemed to be hitting a good bit of form and confidence.

Let's see how the Liverpool vs Woolwich game goes, it'll determine what we focus on moving forward.

Don't lose your shit lads and ladies, it's something at happens & we simp,y have to put it behind us now

3 games in 6 days, injuries, penalty not given and fatigue.

Saying Spurs are bottle jobs when we lose / draw is a complete kop out. Pep has spent half a billion on a £400m team to win 1 x League and 1 x League Cup, are Man City not bottlers? Klopp has spent £400m to win 0 trophies, is he not a bottler?

We exceed expectations every season under Poch and realistically at the begining of the season how many Spurs fans would have put as down as genuine title contenders? I really want a trophy this season and top 4 to bring Champions League to our new stadium (if that doen't happen this season). Realstically the trophy would either be League Cup or F.A Cup.

Today we were dissapointing but thanks to the F.A's great game scheduling we've only got a few days until we get the chance to make up for it
But but those tinpot cups are useless

:goonermong::goonermong::goonermong::goonermong:

Does it matter?

Team game and so we win and lose as one.

Painful because it should be.

We have been brilliant of late and Wolves caught us and took advantage of a poor day.

It's just always likely to happen to us that is the worst thing. Or at least you always feel it will happen.

Hard to see it as them catching us. It was a whole half of relentless pressure. No suprise when they scored but I certainly didn't see a 2 more goals coming. I'm struggling to believe it. Shocking that after the results we've had recently and a goal up first half where we played decent, that we come out and play like that second half. No shots on goal I think and 3 goals conceded.

Deep down, I know you're wrong. And that's the truth.
If, God forbid , Poch does go to Man Utd, I'd put my mortgage on him winning the title within 3 years.

It’s been 5 years - it beggars belief how immune from critique this guy still is. For me he is another David Moyes, he will get horribly exposed at United - they don’t have the players we have and there is pressure to win silverware immediately - the project/ platform bollocks simply won’t wash there.

We’re a hard side to read. Our title challenge has seemingly lasted less than 3 days, and today’s loss was particularly galling.

Some will blame Levy. No signings, a big stadium filling us with debt that we’re not in yet. Sure we probably could have done with a player or two in the summer but it didn’t happen. We move on. Maybe Sissoko and Winks we’re tired today, they’ve played heaps of late. So maybe the summer has just taken a toll today.

Some will say we’re just bottlers. We bottle it every time we get close, and it’s certainly hard to quantify. Did we lose today because of this? Hard to tell. I mean no question we’re a better team than Wolves, but we looked awful for most of the match. Or was it simply fatigue from heaps of games this month?

One thing for me that is becoming clearer is that our fullback performances has slipped since 15/16 and 16/17 where we mounted title challenges to Leicester and Chelsea. Rose and Walker were pivotal to us, provided us with so much width and pace on the flanks. Davies and Trippier to me just don’t quite ‘have it’. I really wish that Aurier could become a dominant beast but it has happened yet, and I do pine for the old Danny to return. We’d be so much better for it.

It’s hard to pin down why we fall short, why we fail to take that final step, but one thing is for sure, all those jibes from plastic bandwagoning flogs we call our rivals about our trophy cabinet, well it’s all yawn worthy really. We’re doing well just to be in title races, and regularly in top 4, given how their clubs dwarf us for financial power. Something our new home will help with. Atm the playing field isn’t level, and we’re playing each season at a disadvantage to those we’re trying to better

We’re a club that through the 60s to the 80s was synonymous with winning. Sadly during the 90s we lost our way and forgot how to win stuff. That’s where we are now imo, a club well ran off the pitch by Levy and Co, well coached on it by Poch and Co, but ultimately has forgotten exactly how to win, and as such can’t seem to quite climb to the top of the mountain without a critical stumble.

Hopefully in time, with Poch at the helm still, Kane leading the line, and a loosened transfer policy, we remember how to win, and it ends up being the trophy the breaks the dam wall. The one that gets us going again.

We were shit today, but chin up, we’re still in a good place as a club, and I still love them all.

Last edited:
Question is whether he feels Skipp would be good enough (and I mean that in terms of experience as well) for this situation .

With Dembele getting on, Wanyama permanently injured and Dier out our CM area is totally reliant on Sissoko and Winks and with the amount of games we play that is hard.

At home to sides who sit ten deep, you could have put Oliver Hardy in that midfield and got a better result. Skipp should have started, i mean just who is he going to start against if it's too risky against Wolves?

Ain't gonna rage, we've been on an unbelievable run and picked up points whilst all bar Liverpool have dropped, some perspective we've taken 15pts from 18 available!!!

We completely bossed the first half, played some nice football and at times the tempo was good. I thought everyone with the exception of Tripps, who just gave the ball away constantly, had a good half.

The 2nd half was shite, easily our worst performance of the season (including the 1st half at Utd). Again, though I can't go mad, we looked for the first time like a team that has played every 3 days for months. Don't think we learned anything new, Winks without the ball is really bad (oppo always run off him), Sissoko lacks the control when it's just down to him (that's to say when Eriksen or Dele have poor games and BOTH did) and my word just how fucking bad was Trippier, yet another calamitous performance to add to his ever-growing collection (can't play out from the back, can't pass, shits himself when pressed, so slow, unable to get back when we lose the ball when high up the pitch). Where was Kane in that 2nd half??

I thought Sanchez was really good today and Toby too.

Up The Spurs!

Nope, today was about getting beaten in central midfield. Because our central midfielders have played 4 games in 10 days. They were knackered.

You choose to return from the bin to dig them out for their heroic efforts.

You turdnuggget.
Turdnugget did you just make that up?

Not sure how anyone watches that performance and singles Winks out for criticism over Sissoko, who offered absolutely nothing for 95 minutes.

What was his role today? Who fucking knows? Does he?

Winks role was just to mind the middle and keep us ticking (which he did seeing a shitload of the ball - more than anyone else), both Eriksen and Sissoko where supposed to be the 8’s linking the attack, both were worse than Winks at their remits, but at least Eriksen saw a shitload more of the ball and tried. Sissoko did fuck all.
We will do this via PM. But the overarching point to be made is you are arguing against the very essence of a thing, ie that water should be dry. We do not rely on Sissoko for creativity but Winks IS supposed to be a player. If Sissoko misplaces a pass or shoots over who is surprised? Technical ability is not something we expect. And we expect Sissoko to 'link' by carrying the ball not his passing, which he did. But considering how overrun we were in the MF I wouldn't have strayed to much today

At home to sides who sit ten deep, you could have put Oliver Hardy in that midfield and got a better result. Skipp should have started, i mean just who is he going to start against if it's too risky against Wolves?

More to do with subs when the game changed, maybe your right but Poch is the man in the know with the squad and he decided against it.

It’s been 5 years - it beggars belief how immune from critique this guy still is. For me he is another David Moyes, he will get horribly exposed at United - they don’t have the players we have and there is pressure to win silverware immediately - the project/ platform bollocks simply won’t wash there.
Lol what a shit post.

For all the 'Spursy' and 'bottling' talk, I'd urge caution because the combination of our Christmas schedule and injury list is likely the biggest factor in this one.

Of course my piss is boiling right now, but I can't be as furious at the result as I would be if it were on a Saturday with a week's rest beforehand and a week until the following fixture. We've been so excellent in the previous two matches that our players' mentality and form suddenly falling off a cliff 45 minutes into a match doesn't make sense unless it's due to fatigue.

Back
Top Bottom