Tottenham Hotspur v Wolves (01/03/20) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Buzzing for this, looking forward to what Jose can come up with after 8 days with the squad
684D0766-160E-44F8-849C-3D0DD69F2082.jpeg

Looking forward to this, but apprehensive at the same time (usual match day feelings, albeit a day early! ;)).
Funnily enough, at the corresponding game last season, I was unusually feeling very confident of getting a result. It started well enough, but the second half was a completely different ball game.
I believe that was the start of things taking a downward turn for us.
So I've learned my lesson and never feel confident before any game.
:coys:

Looking forward to this, but apprehensive at the same time (usual match day feelings, albeit a day early! ;)).
Funnily enough, at the corresponding game last season, I was unusually feeling very confident of getting a result. It started well enough, but the second half was a completely different ball game.
I believe that was the start of things taking a downward turn for us.
So I've learned my lesson and never feel confident before any game.
:coys:

I think of that game v Wolves at Wembley last season as the start of the decline too. Just hammered Everton and Bournemouth, a few points off Liverpool and level with City (I think). First half, Harry scores a blinder and we go in 1-0. We got beaten up second half and with the benefit of hindsight, we surrendered the title there and then. From there we still should’ve had third absolutely nailed but we all know how it ended, with fingertips clinging to 4th!!!

I hope there’s no complacency tomorrow - from the players or the fans...

A genuine question, no racism issues please, I am a bit worried:
What do I do if the ST holder next to me has sold his Sunday's match to a S Korean who may have just arrived to the country?

The club's matchday guide says:
CORONAVIRUS INFO

We advise all supporters to follow the advice as published on the official government website.

Government website guidance on COVID-19 includes:
"Stay indoors and avoid contact with other people immediately if you’ve travelled to the UK from:
  • other parts of mainland China or South Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan or Thailand in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or ......."

PS. At least twice such happened to me this season, S Korean sat next to me.

Seriously? You're actually concerned about this? There is more chance of sitting next to someone who's just returned from a half-term break in Tenerife or N. Italy than a Korean who's probably been here for weeks if not months or years.

We’ve played our last 2 games passively and not got results. We cannot rely on this side, without a proper DCM and with a porous defence, to sit back and soak up pressure.

We have to give this a go. They’re a good side but not world beaters. Let’s take the game to them and if we come up short, know that’s because of a lack of quality in the forward areas as opposed to a lack of ambition.

Time for Jose to show his quality.

The honey moon is over for Jose, he had enough time to know the players and what system to play, I think 3 at the back is not working.

The players too have to put a performance, more than few have been poor at times. They had 8 days rest, no more excuses.

Back
Top Bottom