TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v woolwich - Sat, 10 Feb, 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Happy Yids day everyone, late posting as had a great day, met up with a load of old mates, so very late getting home but was still so buzzing I watched the game again. My oh my, I feel so sorry for you bastards who had to put up with that commentary from BT Sport, Glenn Hoddle's nose was wedged so far up Woolwich's arse, what has we fans and Club ever done to him do deserve this tripe? He's not Tottenham now, he spent the entire first half saying how great Woolwich's attack was failing to actually notice they had ONE attempt, with their first shot on target coming on 71mins, absolutely terrible, terrible co-comms. He's actually brought me down after re-watching that.

Anyway, fantastic performance. Out sung them, out played them, out fought them, out passed them, out tackled them, first to every ball, first to every 2nd ball. Should have been 7 or 8 nil. Dembele AGAIN! being a god, Vertonghen AGAIN outstanding, Davies AGAIN tireless running and very dangerous threat in 2nd half, Dele AGAIN non-stop running, pressing, tackling and link up. Dier also was imperious in the middle, won everything in the middle and loved his surging runs down the right. Kane loves a derby, worked so hard today especially 2nd half without the ball. Dembele MoTM.

Cagey first half, especially after the first 15mins, tempo dropped and didn't have a derby feel for a lot of it, but sensed that we had a couple more gears to go up and that we did from the first whilst of the 2nd half.

I'll now hopefully enjoy going over your posts. Love it today!

Up The Spurs!
Your right about Hoddle! I know commentators are supposed to be neutral but fuck sake you wouldn't think he used to play for us! I know Smith when he does our games for sky is a right prick but Hoddle I thought might even it up but no he tries to hard and goes the opposite way the way he spoke about Wilshit today you would have thought he was the best player in the EPL....

Happy Yids day everyone, late posting as had a great day, met up with a load of old mates, so very late getting home but was still so buzzing I watched the game again. My oh my, I feel so sorry for you bastards who had to put up with that commentary from BT Sport, Glenn Hoddle's nose was wedged so far up Woolwich's arse, what has we fans and Club ever done to him do deserve this tripe? He's not Tottenham now, he spent the entire first half saying how great Woolwich's attack was failing to actually notice they had ONE attempt, with their first shot on target coming on 71mins, absolutely terrible, terrible co-comms. He's actually brought me down after re-watching that.

Anyway, fantastic performance. Out sung them, out played them, out fought them, out passed them, out tackled them, first to every ball, first to every 2nd ball. Should have been 7 or 8 nil. Dembele AGAIN! being a god, Vertonghen AGAIN outstanding, Davies AGAIN tireless running and very dangerous threat in 2nd half, Dele AGAIN non-stop running, pressing, tackling and link up. Dier also was imperious in the middle, won everything in the middle and loved his surging runs down the right. Kane loves a derby, worked so hard today especially 2nd half without the ball. Dembele MoTM.

Cagey first half, especially after the first 15mins, tempo dropped and didn't have a derby feel for a lot of it, but sensed that we had a couple more gears to go up and that we did from the first whilst of the 2nd half.

Up The Spurs!

Love this message. My thoughts exactly. COYS!!!

What the fuck is the fat cunt got around his neck? Is that a fur ruff? How does this cunt make it into the ground without getting chinned? Where were the all, didn't see one before the game or after, all in their navy blue coats I guess.
Guess you haven’t seen that Ty twat in his navy blue beanie. What a cunt.

What a fun game. The first half was a bit slow but that was made up for by the second being all action.

I love the minor things in football. Like today we only made 2 subs. We were so secure in our play that we didn't even bother to put on a third sub to handle the goons.

Sky earlier gave MOTM to Kane (fair enough). Match Of The Day highlighting Kane for praise today too. Neither made any mention of Dembele’s performance. The Spurs Facebook page is taking votes for MOTM and Moose is leading by over a thousand votes*. Is it only us that actually recognise how great this guy is?? So, so under-appreciated it seems.

*Edit - now by over two and a half thousand votes!

Last edited:
Sky earlier gave MOTM to Kane (fair enough). Match Of The Day highlighting Kane for praise today too. Neither made any mention of Dembele’s performance. The Spurs Facebook page is taking votes for MOTM and Moose is leading by over a thousand votes. Is it only us that actually recognise how great this guy is?? So, so under-appreciated it seems.
All the good writers have gone with Dembele, haven't read it yet but looks like Ronay has gone with an entire piece on him.

Up The Spurs!
giphy.gif

What the fuck is the fat cunt got around his neck? Is that a fur ruff? How does this cunt make it into the ground without getting chinned? Where were the all, didn't see one before the game or after, all in their navy blue coats I guess.
This tit* claims Woolwich "aren't a defensive team". Did I miss something?

* EDIT: The tit being the geezer on AFTV, not Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 , obviously.

Last edited:
Just sat back and reflected on the last few years as a Spurs fan. Remember how Spursy we used to be in most games? We'd toss that word around a lot. I think today would've been the case of a Spursy game if this was the old Spurs, but it wasn't. Just proves how much we improved (and especially our club mentality) over the last few seasons and while the men who lead our club (manager included of course) have the very best intentions, I'm sure we'll talk about a massive achievement (league title?) in the next few years.

Just sat back and reflected on the last few years as a Spurs fan. Remember how Spursy we used to be in most games? We'd toss that word around a lot. I think today would've been the case of a Spursy game if this was the old Spurs, but it wasn't. Just proves how much we improved (and especially our club mentality) over the last few seasons and while the men who lead our club (manager included of course) have the very best intentions, I'm sure we'll talk about a massive achievement (league title?) in the next few years.

It's a reflective time for us older fans. Spurs have always had flair players, so on our day we could flatter and get results that gave us a few great memories. Something happened under Jol and Redknapp (partly thanks to Levy) that reignited a passion among the fans. When Poch came in, he capitalised on that, but also built from the ground up, instilling a new culture. He respected our natural love of flair players, but added a professionalism that I don't think has been there since Nicholson. If Poch is allowed to be our Ferguson, there is no limit to what this club can achieve. For those of us who have been through the hard times supporting Spurs, the pain will be a small price for the glory we are about to see before us.

Funny, as I was walking out the stadium my mate said pretty much the same thing... that free kick in the final minute in years gone by would have automatically meant a draw... I feel like someone being taught to love themselves again post Stockholm syndrome... Hi, my name's Dan and I'm a Spursy Spurs supporter.

Back
Top Bottom